BSSstartinghandchart

• 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, pagan01,

The chart itself pretty much applies to any level in the sense that these hands from these positions have a +EV versus the rest of the table.

However, above about NL 10, you will deviate from this chart by adding some bluff 3- and 4-bets preflop, and widening your range esp in late position.

Deviating from the chart can get you into trouble post-flop, but if your post-flop skills are good, then it's fine to go looking for trouble :)

Versus tight players, you can open up, and versus loose players you need to tighten up.

Did you have a particular reason for asking?

Cheers,
      --VS
    • pagan01
      pagan01
      Bronze
      thanks for the reply, the reason I was asking is that I used the chart to go from $50 @2nl through to5nl when reaching $125, then when i had increased this to £325 I moved to 10nl 3days ago and have hit the down swing by 16Bi, and as i am not silver status cannot read any further articles.

But thanks for the advise on opeing up on later streets, suited connectors and Axs you mean?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by pagan01
      thanks for the reply, the reason I was asking is that I used the chart to go from $50 @2nl through to5nl when reaching $125, then when i had increased this to £325 I moved to 10nl 3days ago and have hit the down swing by 16Bi, and as i am not silver status cannot read any further articles.

But thanks for the advise on opeing up on later streets, suited connectors and Axs you mean?
      Not later streets so much as "opening up in later positions"
      It is a bit player dependant, but if you have players in the blinds that fold a lot, opening 50% or more from BTN is profitable.

So A2s - A5s can be added, 56s+ and any pocket pair. You have to be able to play them post flop, though.

Are you playing on a tracked room? If so, silver will happen soon at NL 10.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • PookieBear
      PookieBear
      Basic
      Where do I find this starting hand chart? Sorry for my newb question, but I just joined the other day. Thanks!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey PookieBear,

You'll find a pdf of the chart at the bottom of this

Hope this helps

Laz