Fullring MP open range.

• stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      Hi guys im just wondring if my open range is to tight MP. right now im opening as std with this range and I think it is maybe to tight? :f_confused: what do guys say, should open a bit wider or not? on my tabels and games thers not like any big 3beting game but alot of regulars are calling btn vs me and try to play me out and they not folding to mush vs cbets.

• 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, stttNNN

Oh! Good to see you got Equilab!

Whether it is too tight or not is SO dependant on your post-flop skills.

If you are good post flop, you can open wider, if you're still learning, it is OK to be somewhat tighter.

When you are looking at the hand range window, on the right hand side are some "predefined hand ranges". If you select they type you want, you can click on the position to see what the "standard" range is.

The range you show in your post matches the short handed MP standard range almost exactly. You have added QJo and QJs -- not much of a change.

You don't say what limits, and what type of game you play.

At lower limit zoom for example, people play very tight, so wider can be OK, if you can remember to fold when necessary.

You might also want to watch a coaching session for the type of game you play, and ask your coach what his standard range is.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Hi, stttNNN

Oh! Good to see you got Equilab!

Whether it is too tight or not is SO dependant on your post-flop skills.

If you are good post flop, you can open wider, if you're still learning, it is OK to be somewhat tighter.

When you are looking at the hand range window, on the right hand side are some "predefined hand ranges". If you select they type you want, you can click on the position to see what the "standard" range is.

The range you show in your post matches the short handed MP standard range almost exactly. You have added QJo and QJs -- not much of a change.

You don't say what limits, and what type of game you play.

At lower limit zoom for example, people play very tight, so wider can be OK, if you can remember to fold when necessary.

You might also want to watch a coaching session for the type of game you play, and ask your coach what his standard range is.

Best of luck,
      --VS
      Thx for the answeer!

I think I have alot to work on with my postflop skills but what is the best way to get better at it? Can I maybe try to open a bit wider range and see how im doing with them? i relly would like to work on my postflop skills! :f_biggrin:

Im playing fullring at a swedish site and the games are pretty tight not alot of 3bets and stuff. I think tho some of the regulars are pretty loose with calling preflop and like to flat alot of hands IP on me. For exampel if I raise first in from MP3 and there is a reg on BTN he will flatt a tone of hands and try to play me out on flop. When I think about it seems like I have to stay with my tight range and let them loose a tone when the just flatt with crap on BTN.

Do someone have any ide how i should play and what type of range i should open? :s_love:
    • LuckyManFromLT
      LuckyManFromLT
      Gold
      I remove QJo, and KJo, ATo, I would start them opening from MP3. I would add JTs, T9s, 98s. I would also start opening KTs, QTs, 87s, A9s from MP3.
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuckyManFromLT
      I remove QJo, and KJo, ATo, I would start them opening from MP3. I would add JTs, T9s, 98s. I would also start opening KTs, QTs, 87s, A9s from MP3.
      why do we remove QJo KJo this two hands is pretty good or am i wrong? ATo i can agree with this hand dosent play well post flop.. why do we open JTs T9s 98s and stuff insted of KJo and QJo?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by stttNNN
      Originally posted by LuckyManFromLT
      why do we remove QJo KJo this two hands is pretty good or am i wrong? ATo i can agree with this hand dosent play well post flop.. why do we open JTs T9s 98s and stuff insted of KJo and QJo?
      QJo & KJo both get dominated far too often.

You hold KJo

The flop comes JT3 rainbow.
      You cBet and get raised -- now what?

I'm not saying the the other DON'T get dominated, but they're easier to get away from, and being suited, they have a shot at flush draws, straight draws and woohoo straight flush draws.

Cheers,
      --VS