-bb/100 from blinds

• vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Hello!

i know that this is pretty common question, but i preffer to ask it one more time and see some answers directly to me than drawing my own conclusions from other ppl posts...

So, question is about how much is considered to be OK to loose from blinds. This is my sample on nl10 6max zoom and im far from satisfided about my results, i just have a feeling that i loose way too much from blinds.

And please, lets skip the part were u laught about me for being a super mega nit, im trying to open up and play more hands and i know i should definitely be defending more from blinds :)

• 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, vuciitis,

I don't know what "OK to lose from the blinds" would look like. But since if you NEVER defended your blinds, you would lose 50bb/100 in SB and 100 bb/100 in BB.

Look at your win rates in the other positions.

Since in SB you lose 27 bb/100 instead of 50, your are saving 28 bb/100 and in BB you are saving 72 bb/100

So you are doing better in SB than in CO, and you're doing great in BB

If my conclusions are wrong, somebody please correct me.

Yes, you are a tight player, but you show good positional awareness, and your vpip/pfr looks just good for full ring micros.

I'm not a coach, and I don't know anything about you, or your style of play, or who your opponents are, or your limits, or whether this is zoom or not, so I can't possibly give you any advice that would make sense.

It sounds like you've already decided to open up a bit -- take it slowly, and start from BU and CO

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Hi, vuciitis,

I don't know what "OK to lose from the blinds" would look like. But since if you NEVER defended your blinds, you would lose 50bb/100 in SB and 100 bb/100 in BB.

Look at your win rates in the other positions.

Since in SB you lose 27 bb/100 instead of 50, your are saving 23 bb/100 and in BB you are saving 62 bb/100

So you are doing better in SB than in CO, and you're doing great in BB

If my conclusions are wrong, somebody please correct me.

Yes, you are a tight player, but you show good positional awareness, and your vpip/pfr looks just good for full ring micros.

I'm not a coach, and I don't know anything about you, or your style of play, or who your opponents are, or your limits, or whether this is zoom or not, so I can't possibly give you any advice that would make sense.

It sounds like you've already decided to open up a bit -- take it slowly, and start from BU and CO

Best of luck,
      --VS
      Sorry but had to FYP :P
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      your blindrates are actually pretty good imo. What you should focus more is opening wider from the other positions.

Opening 3-5% more from UTG and MP for example should increase your winrates by quite a margin on those positions.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by thazar

Sorry but had to FYP :P
      Just making sure people were paying attention :coolface:

I obviously wasn't :facepalm:

--VS
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze