PokerBOSS - HU Hypers

• Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      Hi guys,

First i will introduce myself: I am Bogdan a pretty old member of PokerStrategy.com. I was active on English Community but then Romanian Community was created and moved there.

Ofc I started with SSS (lots of thanks to Hasenbraten.). Then i tried some BSS (up to NL25), SNG 6-max, SNG-MTT (up to 6.5$) and this was when BF happened. After that I did not played that much, most of the time as a hobby or for fun. That's because I am a pretty lazy person.

Why hypers now? Well, to be honest I thought that even if I dont really have much time to play (like 5-6 hrs continously for a SNG-MTT Session), I could play them and stop session at any time. Also cash was pretty hard to restart learning. I have never been so wrong =) ). The time required to learn Hypers, and also to play them (decent volume) is bigger and harder than my expectations. But the most important is that I enjoy playing them (ofc because i had no downswing yet).

I started to play them somewhere around november: (some results on 3.5$ on Stars)

Then, thanks to our wonderful promo and also big thanks to Alex I moved to play 7s (more than 100BI). I hade 1 hr of coaching with Alex. I split it in 2 reviews of 30 mins. So my results so far at 7s are displayed below:

Some short term objectives:

Volume: At least 50 SNGs/playday. (considerig I am playing 1 table at a time)
      Study: At least 1 article/video/10 SNGs review per day.
      [more to be added]

Long term objectives:

Moving through stakes at 100 BI.
      Implement 2 tabling in my game (I do it from time to time when I feel more concentrated)
      University: I am studying Automatics and Computer & Science. This year I will have my bachelor degree exam so I know this will slow a little bit my poker work.
      Learn to ski/snowboard (this winter :D ), jump with parachute, karting and definately i want to visit one or two countries this summer.

I hope this blog will motivate me more with my poker career.

Cheers,
      Bogdan
  • 43 replies
    • isssean
      isssean
      Bronze
      Good luck buddy, enjoy the ride! :club:
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Will be following, gl!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Bogdan,

Welcome back to EN. :)

Nice improvement. It's amazing how a little bit of coaching can plug a leak.

Good Luck

Laz
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      Hello guys,

Yes, that is correct. The coach can spot a lot of small or big mistakes in one or two sessions and that helped me a lot. Also the weather helped me :D

Today I succeded to play 2 sessions. I think i did it mostly because I didnt wanted to study for my exams :( .

I am not a big fan of posting hands because they are taken out of the context. Maybe stats dont reflect the actual state of the game.

I will try to post my thoughts more often.

Have a really nice week.
      Cheers.
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      Hi guys,

I didnt really kept my word and it took some time from my last post. Still not very much happened. Finished my exams and I have 1 week of holidays.

Poker stuff: January was a pretty decent month. Not very happy about the volume but meh...

To be honest I was enjoying the decent run and asked myself hmmm how would it be to run bad ? And then I pretty much got my answer in February:

Till February I only played 1 table. I am not sure if this is the result of playing 2 tables (like missing some sport etc) or just the normal varriance.

Anyway, last weekend I tried for the first time snowboard. It was pretty cool and I will definately go for more.

Cheers!
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Hey, cool blog, nice to see another hypers player :)
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      Hello bjela,

Nice to see someone is reading it :) ).
      Your 1K post goes to my blog. Congrats for your milestone!

Not sure what stakes you play but if you play lower than 7s, i will make a review of 30 min for you :D

Cheers!
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      How did I miss this? :facepalm:

Snowboarding is pretty cool. Never done it myself, but definitely plan on doing that sometime.

Good luck Bogdan! I'm a HU fish but I'll still be following this with interest :)
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Snowboarding and hypers- must be fun. Have fun sir, I'm following. You play 7's atm?
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      Hi Tino,
      Thanks for the thumbs up!

TwiceT,omfgthegodpostedinmyblog!

Hi Frankie, thanks for the interess in my blog. Yes, I am playing 7s atm. I am playing 100BI Rule. But I also have some leaks in my game so for sure I wont move up to 15 very soon.

So, today was a pretty good day, after running -40BI under EV this month:

Today is also the day that I produced a pretty big poop (tbh i hadnt pooped in last 4-5 days)
      So, do you belive this is just a coincidence?

So far for February i am pretty happy with my EV and also with my volume

Cheers and dont forget to follow me :heart:
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      Before poker session:

• Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      Hero (BTN/SB): t560 28 BBs
      BB: t440 22 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BTN/SB with K :spade: A :spade:
      Hero raises to t40, BB raises to t120, Hero raises to t560 all in, BB calls t320 all in

Flop: (t880) J :spade: T :club: Q :spade: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t880) 6 :spade: (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t880) T :spade: (2 players - 2 are all in)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Pretty stresfull hand with all these nuts on every street lol.
      Hope you doing good, gl.
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Nice blog, definitely following!

Already read who your coach is and how much you improved.

Have you started taking shots at 15s Stars yet? If not when do you plan to give it a go?

I am asking because I find 7s hypers super easy and haven't played 15s yet. Wondering the skill level difference between those from reg stand point?

Also can you write a bit about how many tables do you play, how many games a day/month, what kind of ROI is sustainable on 7s?
      Basically how much money does solid 7$ reg make in HU hypers?

Appreciate it and all the best!
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      Hi, Thank you for posting.

Yes Alex is a very good hypers player. We did a 2 x 30 min coaching sessions and helped me a lot.

I think a pro wanna be should at least play 100 hypers/day. at least. I started February very active and from 15th I was too lazy. Also February is the month that I started to play 2 tabling. Not sure if this has something with the downswing.

A good reg has 1-4% ROI. but IMO this ROI should reflect a massive volume. If you have 2% ROI and you play 1 table, there is definately room for improvements.

My ROI over 3Kgames is 3.54, and EV ROI is 4.06.

I am very close to try the first shot to 15s but I want to test them with 100BI. Right now I think I am playing my B game and I am a little bit lazy.

I dont know about a solid reg but I definately need to improve my volume and the skill. There are many regs (or players) that I cant play against them and there are spots where I dont know what to do.
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Thank you for responding to all my questions and in depth - that was just awesome man!

I am asking all this because I got 3 guys that play on Microgaming and they all play 6 max. Traffic there is dying and they simply must move to Ipoker or to Stars to play 5.50+ limits.
      I started working with them once a week on HU hypers and one of them is already doing really well with them.

I needed all this info cause I am considering how much would he for example make if he moved to Stars to play 7$ limit? He is already 2 tabling like you, his game is good enough to be winner pre RB and he plays 2 sessions 2 hours each. Say that he will grind 100 hours a month (25 days , 5-6 days off) hu hypers.
      Really wondering what he could earn on stars vs staying on Microgaming? Rake on Microgaming is 10% which is making it more difficult to get positive roi but still not impossible.

Have you considered going to networks other then stars for HU hypers because of RB?
      How many hypers at 7$ level do you need to play for SN? Or 15s?

I remember I needed 18k games for 6 max turbo 15s, for HU hypers must be tons more cause rake is much less right?

Definitely keeping track on your thread, update as much as possible I will tell my students to follow it also :)

Thanks once again for responding and helping out!
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shinersen
      I am very close to try the first shot to 15s but I want to test them with 100BI.
      huge mistake, play them as soon as possible but Id recommend with no les than 50 bi, 15s are still easy money.
      15s -> 30s is first bigger jump, because of regs thus you will need to start develope reg vs reg game which is not needed lower and sharky introduction.

Ivica, I can answer some of your questions.

First you shouldn't calculate anything for 7s, because if you are solid winner at 7s you are beating 15s for sure and it would be nonsense to not move up.

2 tables at 15s for solid winner(id say 3% roi) would be ~17$ hourly + little form rb, and you still have good space to improve your winrate or add tables and keep 3%.

also there is no better site for hypers than stars and ftp, you will have even trouble finding one where you can make profit pre rakeback, also beating 10% rake is not possible, you would need 55% winrate which is insane and with 53% which is very good winrate you will have 2-3% roi on stars.

supernova at 15s will be very very hard, even at 30s/60s you need to put solid volume to archive it

anyway I wouldnt be worried about rakeback at low stakes, because you make your money there pre rakeback.
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Thanks for your responses daun666!

Couple of follow up questions that pop to my mind and observations also.

I think opponents on 11 euro Microgaming are weaker then ones on 15s Stars on average, therefore we should have more edge on them there?
      Also, on Microgaming there is traffic to play 100 of those a day easy but we can have 50% + RB (depending on races more of course). While on Stars without SN you pretty much depend purely to make profit pre RB.

Do you think is it possible to be BE pre RB with 10% rake per game in HU hypers? If answer is yes then on Microgaming my student could make just from rake 1.5k euro (50% rb) playing 100 games a day on 11s assuming he will be BE there. 1.5k Euro is about 2k $. To earn 2k$ on Stars he would need to play more volume on Stars or simply have way higher win rate.

Am I wrong here and if so correct me please?
      It seems to me that it pays off to play Microgaming cause there is tons of value in RB cash earned.

Thanks in advance for your responses !