• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, zooroaster,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

What operating system?

What else is running?

With Windows 7 or later, make sure that you have administrator privileges when you install.

When you open task manager to shut it down, is it using an excess of CPU time?

That's all I can think of at the moment...
      --VS
    • zooroaster
      zooroaster
      Basic
      Sorry I guess I should've given more info:

I have a Windows 8 PC. When I download and install, however, I did notice that the installation popup gave me only the choices to Modify, Repair, or Uninstall..I recall that being kinda weird. It was preset on Modify so I just clicked continue. It eventually seemed like it loaded and then I would try to open and the popup screen that shows equilab seeming opening just stays on the screen and when I put the mouse over it and click, I got a message that the program was not responding.

BTW, don't remember seeing the option of having admin privileges available during install.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, zooroaster.
      if you had those options, then it may be that there is a failed installation mucking things up.

Uninstall it using the control panel tool.

If it is not available there for uninstallation, you'll need to hunt down all the bits.

I can tell you where they are in XP, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Once uninstalled, try re-downloading, and re-installing.

Even though it doesn't ask, make yourself an admin first.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • zooroaster
      zooroaster
      Basic
      I already uninstalled it...will try your advice.

I did try to download the omaha version and the installation seemed more like a correct install ie there was no modify, repair, uninstall. However, when I opened it, it froze as well and that was on Admin settings.

Fingers crossed.
    • zooroaster
      zooroaster
      Basic
      and just to confirm, this is what I am downloading to install-

http://download.pokerstrategy.com/poker-tools/equilab-holdem/download/equilab.exe

so I just dwloaded again and this time I got a more "proper" install screen absent of the modify, repair, uninstall. I am not sure how to run as admin in installation but when I opened it, I did so as Adminstrator...still no luck freezes.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I've asked the other mods to see if anyone knows anything more.

I'm out of ideas, unfortunately.
      --VS