This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Equilab Freezing

• 6 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, zooroaster,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

What operating system?

What else is running?

With Windows 7 or later, make sure that you have administrator privileges when you install.

When you open task manager to shut it down, is it using an excess of CPU time?

That's all I can think of at the moment...
      --VS
    • zooroaster
      zooroaster
      Basic
      Sorry I guess I should've given more info:

I have a Windows 8 PC. When I download and install, however, I did notice that the installation popup gave me only the choices to Modify, Repair, or Uninstall..I recall that being kinda weird. It was preset on Modify so I just clicked continue. It eventually seemed like it loaded and then I would try to open and the popup screen that shows equilab seeming opening just stays on the screen and when I put the mouse over it and click, I got a message that the program was not responding.

BTW, don't remember seeing the option of having admin privileges available during install.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, zooroaster.
      if you had those options, then it may be that there is a failed installation mucking things up.

Uninstall it using the control panel tool.

If it is not available there for uninstallation, you'll need to hunt down all the bits.

I can tell you where they are in XP, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Once uninstalled, try re-downloading, and re-installing.

Even though it doesn't ask, make yourself an admin first.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • zooroaster
      zooroaster
      Basic
      I already uninstalled it...will try your advice.

I did try to download the omaha version and the installation seemed more like a correct install ie there was no modify, repair, uninstall. However, when I opened it, it froze as well and that was on Admin settings.

Fingers crossed.
    • zooroaster
      zooroaster
      Basic
      and just to confirm, this is what I am downloading to install-

http://download.pokerstrategy.com/poker-tools/equilab-holdem/download/equilab.exe

so I just dwloaded again and this time I got a more "proper" install screen absent of the modify, repair, uninstall. I am not sure how to run as admin in installation but when I opened it, I did so as Adminstrator...still no luck freezes.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I've asked the other mods to see if anyone knows anything more.

I'm out of ideas, unfortunately.
      --VS