$15 per hour winrate at 0.05/0.10?

• Pilks7
      Pilks7
      Bronze
      My question is, is a sustained $15 per hour winrate at 0.05/0.10 possible?

So I got back seriously into poker (as I've done 3 or 4 times in my life) late november I guess. Unlike previous efforts I decided to grind 0.01/0.02 (Zoom) to give myself a bankroll for the higher stakes, instead of just depositing.

I had ~$40 in my account, and took a shot at 0.05/0.10 when I'd hit ~$70 (probably early January). Wise or unwise, I'm now approaching $400, solely playing 0.05/0.10 (usually deepstack/ante now).

I play quite solid, TAG style, and am very opponent specific. I'll only sit at tables with 1 big fish, or a couple of fish, and my main aim is to exploit those players.

I play ~2 hours a day, 2-3 tables at a time, and since I started playing deepstack/ante (around a week ago), my winrate seems to be hitting around the $15 an hour mark. (N.B. - it's been steadily increasing all month)

I know this is a small sample, and everyone says less than 50 million hands, or whatever, is not representative...most people I'm sure will just put it down to variance, and only time will tell, I was just interested to know people's thoughts on whether a sustained winrate like this is actually possible at these stakes.

I've always heard people talking about 4 or 5 BB/h being a good winrate. What about 150?!
  • 5 replies
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      2-3 tables at a time

Definitely not sustainable. No chance.
    • Ganimator
      Ganimator
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Itsnevereasy
      2-3 tables at a time

Definitely not sustainable. No chance.
      +1

10bb winrate is pretty easy at NL10, but this means you need to be playing 1500 hands/hour.

So that would be around 6-7 tables of zoom, I don't play normal tables but I am assuming thats about 18-20 normal tables.

I would focus on my game, more then my hourly. You want to get out of the micros as soon as possible, so that you can make good money.

Cheers, good luck!
    • Pilks7
      Pilks7
      Bronze
      Thanks, I am focusing on my game, and I'm trying not to be results oriented, but it's quite hard when you make that much every time you sit down.

Good advice though, I'll try to stay grounded with it, keep increasing my roll and move on up.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Yeah it's not possible. You're on a heater man. Don't get carried away. The swings can be horrendous.

How many hands have you played so far?
    • Pilks7
      Pilks7
      Bronze
      About 22k this year. Wow I just looked at my graph, haha! Never seen anything like it.

Stats are 29/21, I don't use a HUD and thought I'd brought those figures down since last year...apparently not.

Though i will say I get into a lot of spots with fish, so I will raise tons in late pos. with a fish limping on my right, or if a fish is in the blinds (like 30% or something I reckon)

And I like to raise nits. My 3 bet is 11.5% and squeeze is at 14.4%... :f_eek:

But vs. good regs I play pretty tight.