Qq

• 15 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      it´s so ridiculous... especially when you see what happens in the hands after his horrible fold. i "hate" this guy
      later in the show he limp/calls a raise from j. harman with 55 and about 5-6bb from the CO or BU or something. just horrible play especially in a winner takes all tournament. but not that bad anymore when you hit your miracle flop -.-
      he might be the best hold em player in the world but some decissions there were just ridiculous... and yes, i know that he is like 1 mio times better than i am
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Gold
      phil on crack.
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      What a fish :D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      wat
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      phil hellmuth is pretty bad at poker. he's probably just been on a heater in MTTs for the last 20 years, which is perfectly possible considering that the sample size is actually quite small due to the fact that he only plays live MTTs.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I wouldn't take 2 seconds to think about it before I insta pushed... I have no idea how phil is one of the best players in the world when he does stupid things like that.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Gold
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      phil hellmuth is pretty bad at poker. he's probably just been on a heater in MTTs for the last 20 years, which is perfectly possible considering that the sample size is actually quite small due to the fact that he only plays live MTTs.
      this. do a google for the terms bond18 and phil hellmuth. the funniest poker sht ever, when this guy rags on hellmuth for being so incredibly bad.

hellmuth is OK at playing vs donkeys. but i don't see him winning any tournaments in the mid to distant future if he doesn't learn how to play poker in a hurry.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Can't really see how the guy with most WSOP caches and most bracelets can be bad at poker, he's just very conserative and it's his style, he turnd other people agression in his favour, I think it's the only way to win big live tgournaments there, the tournament is just so big, one and only(the WSOP for example) that you have to lay down big hands even sometimes when you know you have the edge. Calling him bad at poker reminds me the the TV show I saw yestreday when some EU polititian called Silvio Berlusconi absolutely stupid guy, omg, how can the stupid guy have 10 billions of dollars? 0.o
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by Solomaextra
      Can't really see how the guy with most WSOP caches and most bracelets can be bad at poker, he's just very conserative and it's his style, he turnd other people agression in his favour, I think it's the only way to win big live tgournaments there, the tournament is just so big, one and only(the WSOP for example) that you have to lay down big hands even sometimes when you know you have the edge. Calling him bad at poker reminds me the the TV show I saw yestreday when some EU polititian called Silvio Berlusconi absolutely stupid guy, omg, how can the stupid guy have 10 billions of dollars? 0.o

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/blogs/article/4624
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      easy fold, they were offsuit ...........
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Gold
      Has anyone seen last aired episode of WSOP 2008.

If I was that Romanian guy, I would go nuuuuuuuuuuuts. Jump over the table and grab that mofu Phil and beat the s**t out of him. That insulting thing should realy get him some penalty. And to Scotty to in H.O.R.S.E. event
    • ubermice
      ubermice
      Bronze
      i fold KK in that spot, coz i know the other guy has AA
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Gold
      Originally posted by ubermice
      i fold KK in that spot, coz i know the other guy has AA
      Yea? I fold AA, cause I know the other guy has AA and I don't want him to be freerolling to a flush!
    • Nabukadnezar
      Nabukadnezar
      Bronze
      Can't really see how the guy with most WSOP caches and most bracelets can be bad at poker
      He's not bad but he certainly has too many weaknesses. Of course he wins a tournament from time to time since he never misses one. This game is about luck too, nut just skill. You can be a complete fish but if you'll play in all tournaments, you'll end up winning some of them.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      how can the stupid guy have 10 billions of dollars? 0.o
      you can make money being stupid , buy lottery win it then play roulette and win 10 times in a row then pay someone smart to invest your money and .... you are a millionaire.

He's not bad but he certainly has too many weaknesses. Of course he wins a tournament from time to time since he never misses one. This game is about luck too, nut just skill. You can be a complete fish but if you'll play in all tournaments, you'll end up winning some of them.

I agree, he is not bad at poker but it doesn't mean he is "the best texas holdem player that ever lived" as he claims to be. I think the guy on cardplayer explains it way better than me.