[NL2-NL10] Nl100 Sklansky or Normal Steal?

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $61,96
      BB:
      $100,00
      UTG:
      $20,00
      UTG+2:
      $154,23
      MP1:
      $10,63
      MP2:
      $22,00
      MP3:
      $16,18
      CO:
      $111,50
      Hero:
      $15,00

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , T:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $15,00 (All-In)

- They are not that loose
      - KTo is not on the Sklansky chart

So should I stealraise 3bb and call the push if I am +EV according to the Equity chart in combination with the pot odds?
  • 5 replies
    • JonatanW
      JonatanW
      Bronze
      Just make normal steals, Sklansky-pushes are very marginal and result in a lot of variance.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      kT has a pretty decent postflop play plus you are in positon on them, also neither player behind you is that loose so I would prefer a normal steal-raise here. If for example I had kT in the sb though I would push with 15bb.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JonatanW
      Just make normal steals, Sklansky-pushes are very marginal and result in a lot of variance.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I wouldn't steal with KTo here I think. Might sound a bit strange, but their FBBTS is rather low and then I just don't wanna risk my money on that one. Also BB is rather agressive on the flop, so you might expect some donkbets of c/r, just things you don't want.

And if it's not on SC, then I also wouldn't push here :)
      But right now, can't say much more about it, only chess boards around me and nothing that has to do anything with poker :D

So I think I'd just fold and steal someone else's blinds.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi Gerv,

normal steal and on the flop pair=nuts, I wouldn't fold Broadway's at all to be honest. They have a good playability you often flop top pair with a good playability. When you play higher limits you could consider folding, when both blinds are very aggressive 3betting.