Twister Poker

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I played my first Twister Tournament this afternoon.

I won, but I got the impression that for the other two players the $2 prize wasn't really worth it -- and to be honest, I just got lucky twice with hands I would have folded had the prize been even 5 bucks.

What is the general consensus on these?
      It was certainly fast -- and the 3 up format interesting.

Cheers,
      --VS
  • 4 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey VS,

tonypmm has started a thread where the guys have already done a fair bit of work.

You can check it out here.

Cheers

Laz
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Lol, thanks!

Also, check out today's official strategy article (visible to all members).

The closest known format it resembles is turbo HUSnG (at least half the play is HU because usually someone busts very fast), I expect an influx of regs from there :f_cry: , have already tried to read a HUSnG book to tame Twisters.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      It looks like an intriguing wrinkle on HU SnG

Basically the whole game involves around the HU part. It is like a normal HUSNG except you "start" with unbalanced stacks.

Judging by the strategy article, I played it more-or-less correctly, except that I raised almost every button once HU. I started as the short stack, but caught a nice hand which turned the tide.

Villain folded way too much.

This might redeem iPoker for me, since at the time I play, there is almost no cash game action at all.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      Lol, thanks, the first one is a personal blog with close to no analysis, though.

Also, check out today's official strategy article (visible to all members).

The closest known format it resembles is turbo HUSnG (at least half the play is HU because usually someone busts very fast), I expect an influx of regs from there :f_cry: , have already tried to read a HUSnG book to tame Twisters.
      Thanks tony. I have edited my post. :)

Laz