Full Tilt Challenge 2014 (Eat, Sleep, Grind, Repeat)

• Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      Hello Pokerstrategy and welcome to my 2014 challenge Eat, Sleep, Grind, Repeat)

I normally do a blog to track my progress but i never really put enough time into making it interesting so I have decided to use the successes and challenges part of the forum to track my game this year.

Last year I mostly played on stars but I did play some NL2 on full Tilt
      , I played 17958 hands losing $52.49 so I decided to challenge myself for 2014, I depositied $41.93 at the begining of January and my aim is to get back the $52+ that I lost last year and turn that into a $25+ profit at NL2.

Once I reach this point I will have around $120 and a decent bankroll for NL5 I then want to win around $200-$250 here which will give me a good chance to take a shot at NL10 for the first time. I really want to become a NL25 reg by the end of the year and as you can see I will be sticking to a decent bankroll management.

I have over 1k hands marked to review from the past year and I will post some of the more interesting ones in here and maybe some of you much wiser people than me can give me some feedback, I will also post monthly graphs etc in this thread to track my progress and if anybody has any advice for me then feel free to post in the thread.
  • 14 replies
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      Last years graph

• Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      So after my first month of my new challenge on full tilt poker this is how things look.

Things started very up and down but then around 10k hands I got going and was actually up $56 which put me $4 up at NL2 overall getting my losses from last year back however a run of bad luck followed by tilt the last two days of January I dropped $30 of my profits and finished up with just a $26 profit for the month and down $26 overall.

I suppose at the start of the month I would have been happy to get back half my losses but im really disappointed about what happen those last two days.

Overall graph as it stands.

Today is the start of a new month and its time to put those last two days behind me and focus on turning those $26 losses into $25 profit then I will be ready for NL5 by the start of March or hopefully before.
    • tightfish19
      tightfish19
      Bronze
      Hey Maloco

Hope you don't mind me giving my 2cents worth. Don't be in too much of a hurry. You are putting too much pressure on your self.
      Just enjoy playing and learning as you go. Even at NL2 there is a lot to learn about playing cash even though it can test your sanity at times.
      Trying to play tournies and cash at the same time is probably not helping.
      While it's great to have goals, they need to be realistic.

Good luck
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      thanks

I am not playing tourneys however and I wont be unless I play on stars maybe once a week. My sole focus is to get to my target at NL2 and move up to NL5 and im confident I will do that if I continue the way i am, I just got really fustrated those last two days and dropped more buy in's than I really should have. Im back to playing better today and won 4 BI today so far.

Check in on this thread if you like and we can talk about what im doing and give me your advice if your interested.
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      Ok so like I said the last two days in January were really bad but I had to get back on track this month. I have done well in the 10 days from 12 ive played this month and have reached my NL2 target of $25 profit.

I know that $25 profit from NL2 over 47k hands isnt as you say beating NL2 but it feels like having got there from a $52 loss. I know have just over $121 and am ready to grind NL5.

Here are some graphs:

February up to the 12th

This year up to the 12 feb

And my overall graph from 2013 until the 12th feb

• Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      Just a little update on whats going on with my challenge.

I started playing NL5 in the middle of February and it started off well, however things got bad and then they got worse. I was on the wrong end of too many coolers, rivers and bad beats which now sees me down $76 at NL5. I am back playing NL2 with the plan of getting my bankroll back to a suitable amount to take on NL5 again. Maybe I'll be in a better mind set when I get back.

Here's a look at my graphs.

February

This year by end of Feb

2013 - Feb 2014

• Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      As you will see from my graphs i played very little poker for the month of March... well online anyway, i did quite well in live tourneys this month.

What I did play on full Tilt was NL2 like I said I had a bad run at NL5 and had to move back down to NL2, I lost a little bit but im not too bothered as I really didnt put much effort in this month. I really need to re-focus and build my bankroll up again through NL2 and take another shot at NL5 with the goal of being an NL10 reg by the end of September.

March

This year by end of March 2014

2013 - Mar 2014

• Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      April Update

Nothing to report for the month of April as I didn't play online all month
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      May update

I played a little bit of online poker during the month and finished up with a small profit at NL2

May

This year by end of May 2014

2013 - May 2014
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      June update

So i tried this month to get back on track with my challenge and started fresh at NL2 I got of to a good start and took another shot at NL5 which was ok for a while... then i busted my roll

June

This year by end of June 2014

2013 - June 2014
    • schmoeJoe
      schmoeJoe
      Bronze
      Hey man, sorry about the bust. Maybe you should try to take things a little slower.

Goodluck,
      Joe
    • Paakjis
      Paakjis
      Bronze
      Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sh.. happens, gl!
    • TomasAbr
      TomasAbr
      Silver
      I think you understood that you need study more.. if you are not beating NL2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Paakjis
      Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sh.. happens, gl!
      I really like this quote never knew about it before now but man that is one hell of a good quote.