I'm being lazy

• B0WSER
      B0WSER
      Bronze
      Good morning,

I might be being a little lazy here but I am hoping a few of you guys can help. I have started 2014 with $60 in my pokerstars account and I am going to grind it up as high as possible. My current bankroll is $170 after an unsuccessful 4 buy in shot at NL10, I played well just ran -EV but these things happen I guess. I've never been heavily into theory which I know I need to change to move up the levels so if you guys can point me in the right direction of article or videos on the following points it would be greatly appreciated; obviously I am only a gold status on here but I do have a Deucescracked subscription, I find their search options pretty crap though! Anyways, the list:

• Constructing and putting opponents on a range (most important)
      • Articles on card related probability
      • Player notes; how best to take them and key info
      • Session reviews
      • How to deal with tilt, I've had to buy myself a nokia 3310 to throw as iphones are expensive

Hopefully you can point me int he right direction as a lot of content I have found seems dated or contradicts other information I have.

Thanks

BOWSER
  • 4 replies
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      i have a laziness problem too, i grinded up 15k from 17c, but now after table ninja 1 cannot be hacked anymore (to reset the trail) and im forced to play with table ninja 2 that is bugged up, and i just cant bring myself to grind or when i grind sessions last very short even though i make money...
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Double post.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      For tilt watch The Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightenment, for probability watch Tolerance. Both those series are essential to watch imo. That kind of content doesn't really get out dated.

As for strat content I would recomend Real Life Part Time NL Grinder, by Blah234, anything by BalugaWhale and Threads13.

On PS the only coaches I know is w34z3l and Pleno, I think they both are great, and I would recommend their content although I haven't seen any of it since I'm only bronze.

And for laziness check out Schnitzelfish's content or check following post from 2p2.

I think I've got myself back into a good mindset over the last few days, Just to help someone else out with this since it seems to be something that hits everyone at times.

1) write down a 'mental handhistory' on your pc notepad (thank you jared tendler) be completley/brutaly onest and keep it to yourself, write down why your unmotivated and possible fixes for each of those problems in the list, I think this attacks the root cause of whatever is causing you to be unmotivated.

2) remember why you intially got into poker, watch inspirational vids: MY Fav: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5nVqeVhgQE
      also view poker blogs tonna munz/Priidix just two i can recommend of many.

3) Clean work enviroment, no clutter, get rid of anythign in the room that depresses you (not yourself :) )

4) unclutter your PC Desktop Icons, change your desktop wallpaper to get you wanting to work mine being: (totally stole this layout from priidix)

Hope that helps out anybody who needs it, helped me alot
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Oh yeah, when you feel lazy check out this 2013 graph from baebba.. Completely insane volume!

He commented with "didn't even play that much after I gave up on SNE" :D