bb/100 from the blinds

• PacnyTuH0
      PacnyTuH0
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

What would be a reasonable bb/100 from the Big blind at Zoom full ring?

I am at -60 bb/100 and I believe and I am really upset that I have such a high number in that position.

Any help is appreciated.
  • 5 replies
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Maybe it would be helpful to post stats, that way people could analyze your mistake much better. Also it's pretty normal to lose from the BB, actually I think a lot of people do much worse.
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Everyone will lose from the blinds Pacny unless they're a ridiculous sicko playing several limits below where they should be. They we do need to try to minimise our losses evidently.

If you check your database and examine your stats by position you will see that, were it not for having to post the bb, you would be winning at 40bb/100.
      When viewing your win rate by position your starting point would be mibus 100bb/100 as this is what you would lose were you to fold every hand from bb. Similarly you would be minus 50/100 in the SB.

I am also interested to hear what more experienced players would consider acceptable losses & a good 'win rate' from both bb and sb.

I have been told (and it is all I have to go on for now) that combined losses of -50/100 SB+BB is ok.

I will follow your thread and hope someone pops in.

MD
    • PacnyTuH0
      PacnyTuH0
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies.

In understand it is impossible to win from the blinds. However, my question was more related to what a reasonable bb/100 from the BB is.

I lose -20 bb/100 from the SB

But the -50 bb/100 or more from the BB is a bit too much I think.

I believe it is very possible to bring this number to -35 bb/100. Since you play more hands as you are priced in more often.

My point here is that I am looking for ways to improve my play from the BB in particular, as I can't seem to find where exactly I lose most of my money in this position.

I would also like to see some examples from better players and hear their thoughts on it.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      more than -50 is way too much, a good winrate is probably around -30 or -35
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      more than -50 is way too much, a good winrate is probably around -30 or -35
      Thanks mbml,
      never forgeting the little people ;)

Losing at -
      >-50/100 = bad
      -50/100 to -35/100 = acceptable but an area to work on
      < -35/100 = crushing!