Petition for 27 PP/€ & 33 PP/£

• tonypmm
      Dear Paddy Power Poker,

You are still awarding 25 Power Points per €1 of rake/fees in euro games and 30 PPs per £1 of rake/fees in British pound games.

The 'Information/FAQ' section of the VIP program description seems to be the only place of your website where these rates are mentioned.

The 'Collect Points' section only mentions 20 PPs being awarded for $1 of rake/fee in dollar games. This may lead to a misconception among potential customers that point earning rates in euro/pound games are tied to the rates for dollar games and adjusted regularly according to market €-to-$ and £-to-$ exchange rates (like, say, at Everest Poker), which its false in your case.

This was a minor problem when dollar games were prevalent on iPoker, but now, with most dollar games removed or changed to euro equivalents, this results in most customers being silently underrewarded.

With the current market exchange rates of over $1.36 per €1 and over $1.65 per £1, I believe that the fair point earning rates should be 27 Power Points per €1 of rake/fees in euro games and 33 PPs per £1 of rake/fees in pound games. Please adjust them.

You can revamp the reward system if you feel that you would be giving away too much if the rates are changed, but the discrepancy among euro, pound and dollar game rates needs to be reduced (i.e. the number of PPs earned per $1 of rake/fee, if aggregating rake/fees using €-to-$ market rates for euro games and £-to-$ market rates for pound games, should not depend so much on the game currency).

For your information, there have been similar movements for increase of point earning rates in euro and pound games with other iPoker operators. As a result, e.g. Titan have increased the number of their VIP points earned per €1 of tournament fee from 22 to 23, while sustaining the same 17 pts/$ rate for dollar tournaments, and William Hill have increased their VIP point earning rates from 33 to 34 pts/€ and from 40 to 41 pt/£ while sustaining the same 25 pts/$ rate.

With Twister Poker, Widget Bar, new lobby views and Iron Man VII being introduced recently, the adjustment of point earning rates will be the finishing touch to you becoming a perfect poker site.

I can tell the rep my Paddy Power username and poker alias in a private message if needed (have earned over 43K PPs during the 20 days of the existence of the account) and encourage the posters who join the movement to do so as well.
  • 2 replies
      Hey Tony,

Thanks for your post.

I'm not sure if our PPP representative still comes here so I would also suggest you send this feedback directly to PPP and if you would like to send our customer support team this message they will pass it on to our B2B (board to board) rep who will in turn pass it on to our PPP rep :)

Hope that makes sense?

Best regards,
    • tonypmm
      Right, I'm aware that the rep hasn't been active here lately. I just wrote this to draw public attention to the issue that has now become relevant to almost anyone playing there, so that affected Pokerstrategy members bomb Paddy's support by letters advocating the suggested changes.