What would you do?

• AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      This week I played a live MTT, and this is an interesting hand I wanted to share with you; please comment what you'd do in my position. I had only played two hands all tourney (both times had showdown), AJ and KK. Starting stacks were 2,500. I had climbed up to 5,900. Blinds were at 100/200. Three full tables and a re-buy waiting list of 8. Re-buys are over now.

I was UTG+1 and got QQ. Raised to 800. Next player thinks for a couple seconds and pushes with 2,200. Everyone folds to the button (table chip leader-9,500) who says: "I hope I got aces". He looks at his cards (I had been paying attention to him, he was kind of loose), thinks a couple of seconds and pushes over the top.

What would you do?
  • 7 replies
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      call imo for 25BBs.. but i suck in MTTs
    • purpleshoes21
      purpleshoes21
      Bronze
      I'd fold faster than a............... cheetah hopped up on crack?
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I don't think he has aces, whats the likeliness that he says "Hope I got Aces" then he has them?

I would shove n hopefully take chiplead, he's probably got Ax or smth trying to squeeze play.
    • plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      Uhm.. There's already one player all in with 2200 chips, no sense for a squeeze here. He probably has AQ+, JJ+. I'd fold since you have a healthy stack, you can wait for better spots.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      AA KK - u are fuked up
      AKs AKof - coin flip
      A2,A3,A4,A5,A6....any K2+ he is dog 3:1 but with 2 players in hand with less then 50% of his stack he has 2:1 odd with loose chip leader can afordit ... it is not correct play but it can be happen..

there is no way how to play without risking busting yourself... if u want to win MTT u need to risk ... if best player always win there will be not name like GOLD,HELMUTH,JANG, and many others... they just risk and get lucky
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Well, I insta-folded face-up. Both had AA. I prefer to be the aggressor rather than the caller. And with 0 fold equity, at that early stage I thought I could find a better spot. Later I will post another interesting hand I got.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I fold here, even IF you are favorite individually, you are prob behind against 2 opponents.