2nd attempt at the school

• foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      I Failed the first time round 5 lessons in about a year and a half ago, gonna take another run at poker.

1. my motivation is poker is something that excites me, playing and the thought of playing makes me want to learn and play better, i've always been a competitive person and i normally let my competitive streak out over league of legends, however i'm trying to channel my efforts into something more productive and something i can be proud of.

2. my main weakness is boredom, i need to conquer my impaitence and my need to just see what the other person has when i know i'm beat.
      i also know i tilt too easy(not full blown monkey mode but definitely can get frustrated and play way sub optimally) and will need to work hard on my mindset.
      A lack of strong schedule and work ethic is something i'm going to change and i'm going to put atleast 5 days of 3 hours of work, i'm going to try and make this 2 hours of theory and one hour of play for atleast til i'm finished with the course and i have digested a good amount of theoretical knowledge and i can begin to start implementing it more heavily into play.

3. Tight agressive is a playstyle where the player decides to play a smaller range of cards and spots but also playing agressively and trying to take the initiative when they have strong cards. to quote an old poker phrase, big pots for big hands, small pots for small hands. a tight agressive player trys to balance value and pot control and try to maximise his expected value.
  • 2 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey foulkezboyz

Welcome back. It's good to see you taking measures to improve your game once again. You'll probably find the course better this time after a break and some of the stuff you learned last time will sink in easier since you've already done some. I hope you enjoy the course, and Bogdan our coach will be with you in the coming days to check your homework.

Regards,
      Luke
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello foulkezboyz,

Welcome (back) to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good job with the first homework.

With the help of this course (and myself) and your hard work we should be able to overcome a lot of your weakness.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan