ICM Trainer

• Daxtreme
      Daxtreme
      Bronze
      Hello!

I'm trying to understand how ICM trainer functions, and I'm getting it quite good, but there are still things which are bugging me out.

First, the calculation. I read the help section and stuff, but I still can't understand a few things. An image is worth a thousand words, therefore:

In the second table, why are there things in Bold? Why is it so a mess, and what does FGS means?

Above it says 100% push range in the first table, and then it drops greatly in the second table.

Second, are we always forced to enter all that information in the program? Blinds, stacks, positions, etc?

I would be very thankful if someone could enlighten me. :)
  • 6 replies
    • Nastypasty
      Nastypasty
      Bronze
      bump...
    • wiarygodny
      wiarygodny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Daxtreme
      ...and what does FGS means?...
      I would really appreciate it if someone would be so kind to explain it. I hope this time there will be at least one answer :)

i've got another, maybe even more silly question, but i just want to be sure i do everything right:

when i type in the stack sizes into the ICM calculator, do I type them before or after posting the blinds? I guess before but i'm not 100% sure...

and the last one - is there any way to copy the hand from HH into the calculator or i need to do it manually for each hand?

thanks for all the help!
    • shane0878
      shane0878
      Bronze
      FGS means Future Game Simulation
    • wiarygodny
      wiarygodny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shane0878
      ok, thanks a lot! but maybe u or someone else can explain it a little bit more.. what does it mean for me as a user/player? how should i interpret the differences in ranges between those FGS cells and the rest?
    • shane0878
      shane0878
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wiarygodny
      Originally posted by shane0878
      ok, thanks a lot! but maybe u or someone else can explain it a little bit more.. what does it mean for me as a user/player? how should i interpret the differences in ranges between those FGS cells and the rest?
      Sorry but haven't really looked into it myself yet.
      I just googled FGS poker :f_p:
      I'll take a stab at saying i gives you a mathematical outcome over X amt of hands.
      So you can see how profitable a hand can be over alot of random variation of flops turns and rivers.

I could be way off tho.
      Sorry i hope you get an answer.
      If not Google the shit out of it :f_biggrin:
    • Torg0th
      Torg0th
      Black
      Originally posted by wiarygodny

when i type in the stack sizes into the ICM calculator, do I type them before or after posting the blinds? I guess before but i'm not 100% sure...

bump, I would like to know this as well.