This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

BSS starting hand chart question

• 6 replies
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by Tuuletallaja
      Why does the chart say, that u can limp behind in middle position with KQs, KJs, QTs and so on, but have to fold AQs, AJs, what's the idea behind that?
      wow, I was sceptical first, but i just looked it up and you're right. lol

imo raising a typical limper with AQ-AJ from MP is perfectly fine. i'd probably raise KQs too
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      KJs > AQ of course.

i don't get it actually, why folding AQ to a limper and limp behind KJs ?(
    • Jumbles
      Jumbles
      Bronze
      Limping with these hands is obviously bad as you're usually looking for top pair, yet entering a multiway pot.

Does not compute.

KQs - J10s, as high suited connectors, play better in multiway pots as they can flop huge.

Edit: I'm sure they don't want you raising these hands on the beginners SHC because they want to keep it as a chart, not a book :P

For simplicity's sake, positions and cards are grouped fairly wide.

That's my take on it, anyway.
    • Tuuletallaja
      Tuuletallaja
      Bronze
      administrators and others, what say you?
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      In that situation I just play suited AT+ as suited face cards, as you say it makes no sense to fold them when it is fine to call behind with lesser cards
    • Kellerlanplayer
      Kellerlanplayer
      Bronze
      I think the main aspect is for the beginner. If you limp these cards you can only play with the nuts^^

And if you play AQs in a multiway pot and hit the Ace, beginners overplayed these cards.
      Anytime you must throw the chart and play poker with other ideas^^