This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH: donkbet allin on a paired flop

• plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      Villain VPIP: 50, PFR: 4 over 26 hands. I won 100 BBs from him a few hands ago where he had an overpair against my quads.

Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      6 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $34.57
      UTG+1: $48.15
      CO: $35.71
      Hero: $47.88
      SB: $25.95
      BB: $6.74

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K:diamond: K:spade:
      [color:#cc0000]UTG raises to $1[/color], UTG+1 calls, CO folds, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $4[/color], 3 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: Q:diamond: 2:diamond: Q:spade: ($9.35, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]UTG+1 is all-in $44.15[/color], Hero folds.
      Uncalled bets: $44.15 returned to UTG+1.

Results:
      Final pot: $9.35

Now I think I should have called him. Probably my thinking was effected by the fact that I was deepish. What hands could he have? Would he play a flushdraw in such a way?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Call is high variance play. So I'd rather let it go, since you're deep.
      I assume that player is not shoving here with rando 2 hands, so he probably has here flushdraw or Qx or boat. But he could easily hold AA and now is scared since there is two queens ont he board + flushdraw, so he wants to get money all-in with his overpair and hopes that you don't call with your hand (mostly because he is afraid to get outdrawed by flushdraw).
      So in generally you´re not in that good shape against his possible hand range, so I rather like to fold here.