Short Stack Strategy ????????????

• CrocHunter
      CrocHunter
      Bronze
      I didn't come across anything mentioning how long you should play the SSS until you move to the BSS, are there any guide lines for this?

Also now that I think about it, when playing the SSS what do you do if after you bet 2/3 of the pot on the flop and you get called by one or more players how do you play the turn? I don't see anything mentioning what you should do in this situation.

Right now I'm assuming you go all in on the turn no matter what the card but this seems very risky if the card pairs the board, completes a flush draw or a straight draw.

Thxs
  • 4 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi CrocHunter,

you can continue playing SSS as long as you like. I think some people even played SSS on NL5k
      If you want to switch to BSS you can just wait until your BR reaches the 20 stacks border for a proper BSS BRM

If you didn't hit anything on the flop make your 2/3 conti bet and get called and don't improve your hand on the turn you can just play check/fold.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Just push it all in on the turn, your probably now pot committed if you raised preflop and made 2/3 pot bet after the flop, it would be a mistake to fold now.

When deciding to move to bss you should have 25 buyins to cover a downswing. Shouldn't move to bss if you don't have that many buyins.
    • CrocHunter
      CrocHunter
      Bronze
      As an example how big was your bankroll before you started playing BSS?
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      @straddler71: if you are committed with high cards on the turn you played wrong on the flop!

@CrocHunter: I switched from SSS to BSS with about 1k$