BetFred's policies and inconsistancies

• danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      On Jan 17th i deposited 25 euros at Betfred. I didnt start playing until the next day, as i chose to admire my 25 euros that day

I started playing a few of their .50 on tap games, which i did very well at making quite a few final tables and wins due to the very soft field. A few days later i tried withdrawing and it failed so i contacted staff and i was alerted to their rake demands which i hadnt met(apparantly i hadnt read the terms and conditions :D ) so i now set my sites on clearing that rake, despite not having a hud on this laptop i chose to play 8-10 games in an attempt to clear it. I contacted staff and ask what was my progress and a young lady said i was slightly above 1/3 of the way there

I played my more games the next day including some hypers and other sngs that i dont usually play, i thought i'd have this cleared soon for sure, contacted staff and was told i have cleared $0 rake. hmm, from more than 1/3 to 0, my rake is going backwards. questioned this lady but she made it more confusing so i pretended to understand and move on :)

the next day i had been giving some tokens for some of their technical issues and was able to play the 1 euro on tap games which im not rolled for, played 4 won 1 and 2nd in the other, im crushing right :D

so my role had grown signicantly to the point where i was rolled for the 1 euro on tap games within 3-4 playing days

but... i called support yet again to see my progress this time i was told i had like like 6 bucks to go, so played on but not much

so the next day i called support and a gentleman said i was $0 so i questioned him and he explained to me that i need to play cash to clear this rake and i was like ohhhhh... i get it, i cried to him and said that i suck at cash ( which wasnt his business but i did :D )

next day i played some tables lost about 2 buyins but hey i was clearing the rake and i played some 1 euro on tap games to replenish my br while i was giving away money at cash

be4 i started i contacted staff to hv an update on my rake and this young lady said i was near there cant remember the amount

i played a long session long enough to clear the rake at her given amount but not long enough to the rake at the cash only amount

so after my session i tried withdrawing.. yes success it went through :D , im moving to pokerstars....

2 days later, i received an email alerting me that my account hasnt been verified, im like really u take 2 whole days to tell me that, oh well

so i was asked for a passport which has expired like 6 years ago, so i contacted support and explained to a gentleman who kindly told me an ID card would be fine

So i sent it, after 24 hours of sending they said that would alert me if it was verified so i contacted support to get to the bottom of this, the gentleman who answered said that my account has been verified and my withdrawal is being process.. yay im psyched but playing it cool, im still arguing :D

the next day i won a freeroll, my account was zeroed at the time so the 28 pounds 34 euro equivalent was much welcome to play while i wait for my withdrawal to arrive

2 days later i hit the tables playing a few games finishing 7th in this very freeroll, who knew this would be my last game at betfred

so i woke up the next morning logged into to betfred and my account is locked... so i immediately contacted staff, i was told that i didnt respond to their verificaion request, so im like waaaaa. i responded within 5 minutes i even sent them a copy of the conversation i had with their support staff where he told me my account has been verified and my funds will arrive within 48 hours... blah blah blah..

so i resent my ID card while expressing dismay at the situation only to be told that i can only verify my account via a drivers license which i dont own and a passport which has been expired for 6 years... but i gave it a try and explained to them and still sent the passport...

Then i got this, the dreaded messaged
      We regret to inform you however, that as a result of discrepancies with the details you have provided we have found it necessary to close your account.
      my account has been closed, i grind so many hours won so many games to have my account closed?
      Betfreds policies have gotta be up for debate here, while i leave u guys with this to think about some of you will take my side some will not, u are all entitled to an opinion
      I must say i have dealt with other ipoker clients and betfred by far has the most unfriendly support team, their responses are untimely, and i am not saying this because my account got closed, i had made this remark time and time again to my skype buddy within the 14 days i have been a member of betfred
      their games are super soft for the people with small bankrolls who want to build it quick, the wednesday manager freeroll is quite cool, there are upsides but i think the downsides outweigh it 10-1

this is the conversation i had with mr James instructing me that my account has been verified enjoy :)

Welcome to Betfred Live Help. One of our operators will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
      James C: Hi Miguel, welcome to Betfred Online Live Support. How may I help you?
      PokerAnalyser758: hi, i withdrawsed my funds 3 days ago and is very disappointed with the workings og your team
      PokerAnalyser758: i withdrawed whilst my age was not verified
      PokerAnalyser758: being notified of this shouldnt take 48 hours
      James C: im sorry you feel this way. i can see that the account was verified yesterdayand that the withdarwal is in process. The standard procedure for Betfred is 48 hours. If you would like to make a complaint, please email support@betfred.com
      PokerAnalyser758: i was told i would be notified when it is verified and have never received any email
      James C: im sorry for the inconvenience but it has been verified
      PokerAnalyser758: i dont have a problem with the withdrawal process as it is standard for most sites to take extremely long but your support team is unfriendly and slow
      James C: im sorry you feel this way. may i ask what the actual issue is then so i can see if i can assit you?
      PokerAnalyser758: the issue was just the response time for these 2 matters which you have answered but i wil get the rest of my funds out, as i am very disappointed with the services offered here
      PokerAnalyser758: thanks for your time sir, and your timely responses
      James C: im sorry you feel this way, have a nice day!
      James C: Thank you for contacting Betfred! Enjoy the rest of your day and good luck with your games. If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Our team is avWelcome to Betfred Live Help. One of our operators will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
  • 9 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey danan758,

If you set up your account through us then I suggest that you contact our customer support and see if there is anything we can do for you. :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      thanks for your reply, since i posted i went to another forum where i got to speak to BetFredManager, who has since attempted to assist,
      He wrongly posted that i used a false address as an attempt to improve their P.R.
      the issue is though, since i did mention to them my passport was old and invalid and sent it anyway they said that im using a false address.. my passport was registered on my former address,
      i also sent my ID and the address on it should match my betfred address, so i dont know how and why a support team can be this incompetent to make such a statement.
      I was since then given instructions and awaiting a response.
      This whole situation all boils down to the very point i have been making all this time about the incompetency of betfred staff, they operate like they are programmed via algorithms and can not notice simple inconsistencies and interpret accordingly or contact me questioning me as to the cause. they just closed my account giving a vague description....
      I will wait out the next 48 hours, and if we dont get to an amicable solution, i may give PokerStrategy support one last effort
      once again thanks for your time and response
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      No worries, best of luck and keep us posted :)
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      well support here said i should send a bank statement, emailed betfred they said it should do, dont want to go all the way to the bank for nothing..
      but their support takes years to respond so i went to live chat
      this gentleman sounds nice... better than de others, hinted to me that my account has a note "not to be reopened" well he kinda bit around the bush with it but i finally got it out of him and my efforts are pretty much for nothing, my initial deposit will be returned to me but the funds i won, i guess the stuff will use it to have beers on a friday night, pretty unscrupulous policies betfred is employing here.. dont know on what basis my account was closed
      but i noticed they shifted from 'locked' to 'closed' after my 1st email, they are either extra careful with money laundering and fraud laws or extremely keen to steal peoples money whichever it is, i'd advise future players to ensure their documentation is in order be4 u start playing as u'll be unable to fix after, and i wouldnt even recommend ipoker at this time as their software is terrible with the new changes... u will lose alot of money to the tables that dont reopen, and disconnections, and with betfred's support i wouldnt advise u choose them as your 1st choice ipoker site
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you for reporting back to us. Sorry we cannot help when it comes to account closures like this.

Best of luck in the future :)
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      well i chose not to say anymore about betfred as BetFredManager was trying his best to assist me.
      Well as i may have said the money i deposited at betfred is pretty much all i got.
      So when betfred locked my account they pretty much halted poker for me, i have 2 emails from betfred from the very first day when they said my account was locked that my deposit would be refunded, I have yet to receive that money or any word as to when i will
      I have contacted support via email and live help requesting this info, but they deliberately neglect responding to these emails and the the same in live chats.
      It has been a whole week so dont know why this is taking so long, today i mailed BetfredManager about this Netteller and PokerStrategy support to get some answers
      Secondly, I told BetFredManager that if the funds i won at betfred would not be available to me i am no longer have any interest in pursing the verification of my account, he pleaded with me to get the bank statement and he will do his best to assist me, so i borrowed funds from a fellow poker mate who lives a few miles away, i got the statement and recent all requested documents to betfred which is the front and back of my Government issued ID Card, a screen shot of my Net Teller details, A picture of my Visa debit, full picture i didnt blur out any numbers, and a scanned copy of my bank statement.
      I received an email about 1/2 an hour later saying that my documents will be reviewed and i will be contacted within 48 HOURS, yes 48 HOURS, well 48 Hours has come and gone a long time ago, i have yet to receive any update, i have since contacted support and betfredmanager and neither have replied, my having seen betfredmanager online 3 times after having sent him that inquiry. Well not sure whats going on here, but its plain wrong and disrespectful of betfred support
      seconds after posting this i received a reply from net teller.
      Dear Miguel,

Thank you for your email.

We do not see any attempt on the transaction history please confirm with merchant the funds. If you made transfer from merchant we need NT code to confirm.

so betfred has made no attempt to refund my money
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      Just received word from BetFredManager that my account has been unfrozen, via a poker forum, i mailed him yesterday indicating that i sent the documents and has yet to receive a response in the stipulated time period betfred said they would reply and this morning he made the much awaited announcement :)
      must say i appreciate his help in the matter as he was the only one who made any attempt to clarify the discrepancies and spoke to the security manager personally on my behalf
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey danan758,

That is an awesome result. :)

Cheers

Laz
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Great result indeed :)