badugi mtt

• davidgod
      davidgod
      Bronze
      today i play 2 badugi mtts for the first time and got one 2nd position, one 3rd position

now my badugi mtt's itm is 100% :D

both mtt have around 100 players

so it is a good result for a player who just learn this game for 1 week like me
      isn't it :s_biggrin:
  • 11 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey davidgod,

Very nice. :) . Moved to Other Poker Variants.

Keep Crushing

Laz
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Wow, great job! :f_thumbsup:

tbh, I wasn't even aware that badugi tourneys exist. Are you playing on Stars?
      I always wanted to get into badugi, but due to the high number of betting rounds, even the lowest cash game stakes available seem scary to me.
    • davidgod
      davidgod
      Bronze
      yes play on ps, the game is fishy i just play in for 1 week and can beat the lowest level 0.5d game
      the tournament is much fishy than cash game, however it is just for fun
      because you can not open too many tables at once.
      holdem is still my main game lol
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      this is great, I also want to learn badugi.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi all...
      On stars every day there are badugi freerolls that attract about 5000 players.

They pay out a ticket to a weekly round 2 freeroll.

They are a reasonably cheap way to get used to the game.

All I know about badugi is from this strategy article and using that, I've won a couple of tickets in the badugi freerolls.

All of the cash games are FL, so even though there are lots of betting rounds, it is relatively cheap. The freerolls I mentioned are all PL, though which plays quite a bit wilder.

Enjoy,
      --VS
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot for the info, Vorpal. I honestly wouldn't have found those tourneys without you (I previously had satellites and PL games filtered out).

I stayed up late last night to play the Badugi freeroll you mentioned. Did any of you guys play in it as well, by any chance (the one at around 02:00 CET)?

Calling these games fishy doesn't even begin to describe it; some people don't even know the rules...
      First hand of the tournament: Someone stands pat after the first draw and goes all-in. He had an all clubs hand with a king, apparently thinking he was holding a flush.
      Second hand: Someone bets almost his entire stack with "trips". :f_biggrin:

I actually managed to move up to 13th place late in the freeroll IIRC and could have just folded into the winning ranks by sitting out (first 64 get the ticket). Instead, I decided to keep playing to gain some experience, eventually made a mistake and finished 88th out of around 2000.

Just played a $2.20 FL tourney as well, finished 24th out of 56.

I may not be a Badugi whiz like davidgod, but I was still quite happy with my results, considering all I did was reading the only Badugi article we have 15 minutes before the freeroll.
      Thanks for introducing me to this game, everyone!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      I actually managed to move up to 13th place late in the freeroll IIRC and could have just folded into the winning ranks by sitting out (first 64 get the ticket). Instead, I decided to keep playing to gain some experience, eventually made a mistake and finished 88th out of around 2000.
      Yeah, the trick is to get the ticket, THEN go for first.
      You can do it too, because unlike a lot of multi-round tournaments, these do not end when the bubble bursts.

Apparently, there is a leaderboard somewhere, and you get points for positioning. I don't play enough of these to make a difference, nor do most.

So once the bubble bursts, you get a whole whack of people playing shove-fest bingo, and another bunch all sitting out.

They're fun -- badugi is a bluffer's game, too, but you need the right opponents for that.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Gold
      I always wanted to get into badugi, but due to the high number of betting rounds, even the lowest cash game stakes available seem scary to me.

Its fixed limit and its there's cap, problem is that there's 5-6 regulars and if you lucky then one-two fish. Its vital to make lots of notes. Its easy to tilt, variance may be killer but its fun game.
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      nice results davidgod. were these fixed limit or pot limit tourneys?

keep it up.

Originally posted by reggie123
      problem is that there's 5-6 regulars and if you lucky then one-two fish.
      i don't think there's any problem. most of the regs in the micro games aren't particularly strong and the fishes tend to be ridiculously bad.
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Gold
      i don't think there's any problem. most of the regs in the micro games aren't particularly strong and the fishes tend to be ridiculously bad.

Agree, but regs are not that bad, they know basic math, when to snow. Fishes dont find badugi tables that offten, it means that there's no point of playn, low action, sometimes there's 1 fl200 table but usually 3-4 fl50 and if your goal is money then you should play something else. For fun is okey obv :)
    • davidgod
      davidgod
      Bronze
      for fun I played a lot in my leisure time
      i played low stake table
      most players are bad regular players, i dont see much new players in the table, some players are playing every day.

in one table just about 2 good players.

In the low level it is not a hard game, because most players are very week.

The real problem is that ,to play it well you need to make a lot of note, which makes it hard to multitabling. And there are few tables available too.

It is just for fun imo , for money definitely choose holdem or omaha