Paddy's Iron Man VII [10 days x €100 rake]

• tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      'A good hand can win you the pot, but an iron fist will carry the pot home!' (even if it's not won :f_biggrin: ; that's Paddy Power's slogan).

It's useful to create habits that stick, and poker sites willingfully help us create poker ones :f_rolleyes: ... in my case, that's the habit of raking €400 a day :f_biggrin:

In case someone is unaware, Paddy Power is holding Iron Man VII on Feb 1 - Mar 2, awarding cash prizes for meeting point targets on a specified number of days. The target relevant to me is the top one - 10K Power Points a day ($500 / €400 / £334 in rake / fees) on 20 / 25 / 30 days, resulting in an award of $3K / $4K / (Irish Open package worth) $6K.

I'll most likely have to reserve some days off for 'the real life' :rage: but be pretty angry with myself if I don't make at least 20 such days.

The games will be mostly jackpot SnGs, with Twister mixed in to sustain a stable table count, and a bit of cash PLO50-100.

Posts not related to the volume should go rather to my good not-so-old blog than here.

There will be a 'dress rehearsal' tonight, more precisely, I have a 'deadline' to rake €437 till today's UK midnight :facepalm: :f_mad:

Let immortal classic be the soundtrack. (I do have to get back into the black after this January :facepalm: )

Go!!!

Final update: poor sleep allowed me to do merely 10 days x €100+ rake, though there were four €200+ days too. So I was awarded only $165 as a result. GG.
  • 2 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      I'm shocked. Yesterday I was too sleepy and ended up raking €350 instead of €437 and thought it was the end of the world.

It wasn't. Tonight - on a Saturday night, mind you - €34+6 jackpot tourneys that are normally somewhat populated are simply barely running :facepalm: :rage:

I guess that's because the regs are too scared by the server crash that's happened just after the British midnight (half an hour after I logged out and went to bed, blaming myself for being too sleepy to put in 2-3 more hours).

I wonder why they think disconnections are unfair - they either happen to everyone almost equally, or can be resolved by taming the computer or grinding habits (which is where part of the edge comes from :f_biggrin: ).

It looks as though I'll have to reevaluate the plan dramatically (play for more hours, add more Twisters, etc.), maybe even shift the volume to the other three (!!!) iPoker rooms where I have pending bonuses :facepalm:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Just a quick update...

I've had to tune the goal down from €400 to €200 a day because the JP SnG traffic started ridiculously sucking when the Fort Knox JP was down to €35-42K, it's recovering only now, and even so...

3/12 :facepalm: :f_cry: (2nd, 5th and 11th), partly because I took my volume to another iPoker skin (and pwned a fee race there :f_cool: ).

It was esp sad not to make IM yday (12th), when the only thing that stopped me was... some Paddy's bug that caused me (and apparently not only me, but not everyone on iPoker) to be unable to register in tourneys, starting from ~22:15 GMT :rage:

I don't think I'll be posting midway graphs, as my Paddy nickname is aliased to other iPoker nicknames and it's a pain to dealias it, post a graph and alias it back every time... I think followers will be content with the final graph... esp bc there seem to be no followers at all :f_biggrin:

Cheers!