Pleno1 2014

• pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I decided to start a blog for the duration of the year. I find that blogging takes up a lot of time as I like to get really into it, and thus dont want to do a proper post in case its not good enough quality.

To make sure this is not a problem I will write a daily summary every day with VPPs earned, VPPs total and SNE pace.

I will post hands and strategy here for free of course, but I wont post any graphs until the end of the month where I will do an overall summary as I think very short term results orientated posts are pretty dumb heh.

First month of the new year has finished. I just worte a Review and Goals section on my website.

Take a look to read it.

http://wugwug.com/january-review-and-february-goals/

Right now I am 8 tabling zoom cash games, 4 500nl, 4 200nl. I think maybe 3 other people are doing this maximum. It is so many decisions every minute, every hour, but I strive to be the best and this is a challenge that will hopefully pay off. I think I have the required skillset to make it profitable and I am happy how the month has started off.

Previously I was nervous having a blog here because I didnt want to say something and it be associated with PokerStrategy.com if I said something bad. Now I dont really give a fuck, these are my opinions, everything I say will be from me, my opinions and nothing to do with PokerStrategy.com, so please dont hate on them or think I am senidng their message in this blog. I want to be brutally honest as much as possible.

I have no real goals for this year except to keep improving, have good tilt management, grind a lot and make SuperNova Elite.

I am very very much of the belief that I only want positive energy around me. Anybody that has bad vibes I delete from my space and life. I am very happy to discuss anything, but I am in such a good place in my life now that I am very happy and want to have as many positive people around me.

:f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love:

Vamosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  • 554 replies
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      1st! :D

Good luck with SNE and will probably spam the hell out of you for some zoom strategy pre/post flop stuff :P

P.S. I gave 10 for the blog cause I expect nothing short of amazing from you! ;)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      erm...subbed? lol
    • TyKa2716
      TyKa2716
      Silver
      Good luck with achieving SNE. I'm sure you can do it. I can barely manage 4 zoom tables at once...8 seems kinda insane to me :) .
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      I have no real goals for this year except to keep improving, have good tilt management, grind a lot and make SuperNova Elite.
      Lol, you make it sound like making SNE is a walkover :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I suppose I'll sub to this :)
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Good luck! definately following
    • JJWic3
      JJWic3
      Bronze
      Great to see that you made this blog. GL with the grinding and that grinder base looks really nice! :)
    • Riverdiver
      Riverdiver
      Bronze
      Innnnnnnnnnnn :f_biggrin:

Gl this year
    • outspan
      outspan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      I am very very much of the belief that I only want negative energy around me.
      Lapsus? Lol

GL, will follow
    • BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I've followed your blog on that other site we both use, but I'll ask here instead.

What is your hourly VPPs? How many hands do you play an hour?

I know what you are doing daily/monthly atm, but generally speaking if you play for an hour, what do you currently recoup in VPPs? So I guess another way to ask the question is how many hours did you play last month?

Love the vegatables goal btw.
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Ha! Great to catch one of these threads in its infancy, subbed of course.
      Good luck crushing 2014.
      MD
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      GL bro!
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Following obv :megusta:
    • aikira
      aikira
      Bronze
      obv subbed
    • tfsantos
      tfsantos
      Black
      "have been introducing bacardi breezers and smirnoff ices into the diet"
      Lol, every nutricionist's wet dream.

Will be following this epic blog for sure!

VAMOSSSSSSSSSSSSSS$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    • e306
      e306
      Black
      Hey, Mr Pleno.

Would be much appreciated if you could record your future videos with a mic that is closer to your mouth and therefore does not pick up that much ambient noise. The sound quality in your headset videos is much much better.

Keep up the good work and good luck this year!
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      VPPs Today 7.3k
      VPPs Total 96k
      VPPs Pace 87648
      Bacardi Breezer Daily Total 5
      Bacardi Breezer Monthly Total 5

Wow, pretty crazy day. More VPPs than I made in any other day in January. 1K zoom was running so was playing 500 and 1k instead of 200 and 500. This means more VPPs per hour, even though there I played 6 instead of 8 tables.

Was really swingy day, I was down 5k, even, down 5k, even then eventually finished up quite nicely. As I said before though, wont be posting any graphs on a daily basis.

Really feels nice to start cementing myself as a 500 and 1k reg instead of 200 and 500, looking forward to all of the challenges of that, mostly mental. I was going on 2k downswings in sessions reguarly previously and now I will be going on 4-7k downswings so I definitely have to be very strong mentally to cope with that.

Felt like on 31 January I played the best I have in 6 months or so, today I felt like I was on probably my B game, I missed a river shove with JJ ov Q248J where i 3bet pre, check flop, check call turn and check called river vs a biggish bet. I felt like he was nutted and didnt know exactly what that meant, but he had 88 and I lost abit of value from that hand. If he has every 9Ts combo and 88 otr then its a call anyway.

All of the American guys are coming over to watch the SuperBowl tomorrow which should be pretty fun, TCOOP main event is on, but most likely will swerve it.

Interesting hand, I decided to check back river as I feel like his calling range otf that calls turn is a bunch of back door diamonds, KQdd, KTdd, AQdd, 65dd, JTdd, J9dd, KJdd, AJdd. I think he has the off suit jacks too, but he will also have some sets that he calls out of position, otr I feel like he will fold a lot of the bare jacks and thus on the river I cant shove for value. It is a strage feeling because as soon as the turn comes I feel, BOOM going to win 1k here, and then when the river comes which is not really connected to the flop its hard to analyzse the hand and not be greedy to shove, especially when playing a minimum of 6 tables of zoom.

Had a few more coolers such as AQss v KK deep vs aggro reg on 228Kssxs in 3bet pot, 9Tdd vs AKdd in 4bet pot deep, but managed to cooler some people in some spots too so it is swings and roundabouts. Maneged to play 9k hands today anyway, so def happy with the volume and whilst the results are nice, I understand there is alot of variance in such sample.

Barry Carter - I get a different amout depending on tables I play and what I am doing. I think with 6 tables of 500 and 1k I get around 1.5k-hour although I am not certain. I never really check, but aim for 1k-hour if possible.

Everybody Else - Thanks for the nice words and I hope we can ride this rollercoaster together, if I make SNE successfully and I am not broke I will throw a party for sure!
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Subbed =)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      VPPs Today 3.3k
      VPPs Total 99.3k
      VPPs Pace 89612
      Bacardi Breezer Daily Total 2
      Bacardi Breezer Monthly Total 7

Played short sessions today. Kinda ran bad around 4k under ev or something but I still won a few buy ins. Made a pretty interesting check back on T23dd J 2 vs TT.

Couple other hands that I felt I played decent, felt that major leak was perhaps calling too many 3bets OOP and also I called a river with AJcc on J72ccx 5x 4x when pretty sure I was beat and he ahd 22 which was annoying.

All in all pretty ok session and monthly VPPs now exceed 10k which is good. Tomorrow I will hit SuperNova goal for the year which is a nice little milestone to get to and puts me 10% of the way to the end goal.

Did a session with ImFromSweden today, he is one of my best friends in the poker community and its nice to help eachother out and we have very similar thought processes on a lot of spots because we spent a lot of time together but we have been "apart" for a year or so so it was interesting to see how we have both evolved trying a couple of different little things but still fundamentally play very similar.

Have some friends over to watch the SuperBowl which should be fun, may put a bet on one team to have something to funk for!

What do people think about the Barcadi Breezers btw? I dont care in terms of being manly or wte lols, but do you think its abit unhealthy to have so much sugar?