This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Pleno1 2014

• pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      It doesn't change much for me and helps with vpp goal, 1k isn't always running so I can quickly add two more 200 tables when it stops and have 8 Thales running.

It doesn't bother me.
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      GL and race you to the finish line.
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      FU :( :D
      You have me on skype! :f_love:
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Some pretty bad private stuff came up yesterday so didnt play, or today. Im doing live coaching tonight from 8-9, so come holla.
    • JJWic3
      JJWic3
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Some pretty bad private stuff came up yesterday so didnt play, or today. Im doing live coaching tonight from 8-9, so come holla.
      I thought for a second that I missed the coaching, then I realized we are in different time zones. :facepalm:
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      VPPs Today 500fpp
      VPPs Total 104.5k
      VPPs Pace 92353
      Bacardi Breezer Daily Total 2
      Bacardi Breezer Monthly Tota 11

Didnt play again today because of few things which cant go into unfortunately. Had a bath before bed then decided to move some money online from skrill to potentially buy some bit coins. Played around 45 minute session of 4 tabling 500 and it was pretty boring! Its just so slow. Helps you play a little better perhaps though.

Football at 7am in the morning, fmel. Then coaching at 3, coaching at 4, doing a private sminar at 7-9 then supposedly football at 10pm, no idea how I will manage all of that, probably just skip latter football.

I decided after this month I will stop private coaching altogether, it takes too much time up and stops me from dedicating days to grind, and my hourly is pretty high now so saacrificing hours and daily set up for the sake of 150-hour doesnt seem optimal.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Jesus christ pleno, don't buy bitcoins, they're worthless.

In five years they will trade for < $1/coin. Maybe within 6 months.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      H,mm I'm not so sure some very wise people tell me they will be 5k/coin by end of year.

Think I may go all in!
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Black
      I aggree on bitcoins falling hard. My opinion is based on serious information.
    • sentin1ty
      sentin1ty
      Bronze
      I think that "Bitcoins" are world bankers move to show that e-money is not trustworthy when they will increase the value to the sky and one day they will decide it's a falling time :s_evil:
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      subbed obv just keep posting
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey man wondering about this hand you played today:

Is that an exploit vs the guy? The call seemed rly loose I assume he shold bet at least AAKK this way? (I know people CC a lot turns in 3b pots with overpairs to strengthen their ranges there tho - mb thats why you call down light that vs someone who just bets most value hands?)
      We still have plenty Tx better pairs in our range I assume.

And yes if you play those games you get your own stalkers ;P

Ye like this calldown makes a ton more sense when you block Q9 79 JT and dont block any flush draws or KQ that he should for sure barrel

Still nice one indeed.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      What's with the JJ hand? I know you block TJ but still oO
      Think zazano mentioned some pokerstrategy coach cc twice donk shove nuts and that he didn't get it I thought it was bmlm but looks like it was you and you balance these spots? :O
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      That 55 is an exploit for sure. I think pleno calls because ihasouts is supposed to have very few Tx. BB v CO is a very polarized 3B-range for the most part. Not supermany Tx combo's in his range. I guess he knows that guy isn't valuebet thin enough and thus expect him to check his overpairs somewhere in the hand.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      oh ye I looked at Janda's ranges and BB v CO (~8%) theres 2 Tx hands oO
      JJ+, 44, AQs+, A5s-A4s, K9s, Q9s, 97s, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, AKo, Ts8s, Tc8c, 8s7s, 8c7c, 8s6s, 8c6c, 3h3s, 3h3c, 3s3c, 2h2s, 2h2c, 2s2c
      so we can call preety wide? Esp if ppl cc some overpairs which Ive seen a lot at these stakes - prolly what Pleno assumed

I guess if Ihasouts (sounds familiar- heplayed some higher stakes i think) has TJs in his range he 3bets more linear range and all these can be potentially in it ATs, KTs, QTs, JTs, T8s+ and it becomes less good of a calldown. Why would he though? Is it because he thinks Pleno opens CO rly wide and calls a lot to 3b?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      VPPs Today 4.3k
      VPPs Total 108.7k
      VPPs Pace 103.3k
      Bacardi Breezer Daily Total 0
      Bacardi Breezer Monthly Total 11

Today was pretty swingy! After around 1 hour I was around 6k down and feeling like I had commited some crime in a previous life with the waz the deck was falling. Anyway, regrouped and got an OK profit after a 3-4 hour session.

Made some really huge plays, but because I am playing 1k zoom now and the player pool is 20 and I know at least 30% of the pool read my blog, its not wise to go too deep right now unfortunately, maybe at the end of the month as a special.

Did a seminar last night, a private one for 20-30 people and it went pretty well, I then found out the package I sell for 600 dollars some guy is now reselling for 50 dollars, very annoying and pissed me off.

Went out last night, its funny because when we go out people know not to buy me shots. I never ever drink shots and when people are going in rounds of trebles, shots etc etc Im just content with a small beer. People always ask why a small beer? But to me, when Im finished I will just get another one, the less in a glass the better it will taste by the end.

Tcarnage, a usually very convincing chap didnt take no for an answer last night but we held strong!

I probably look like I was worse for wear, but it was the lights I promise haha

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/v/t34/1623751_10152300835600555_1901841669_n.jpg?oh=4f60430384c32d2ff0bd998e9e981ddf&oe=52F7628C&__gda__=1391916314_dd6d17863a423b7a21c17bae4080d393

Spent today waking up very late, having the rarest steak you could ever imagine, seriously! chilling with my dogs and then ofc had the grind today too.

Guys are going out again tonight but think Im going to swerve it and play a big session tomorrow. Im ahead of pace right now, but very marginally, big weekend and will have abit more breathing space again.

Peace

Regarding hands, they are all super super super super super read dependent, would play them all completely different if it was any other opponent.

You have to remember these player pools are 6-20 maximum, we play eachother all day every day and we play 4 handed and there is a lot of dynamics.

I think the JJ hand is pretty cool but dont really want to go into it. But yea Zaza, apotheosis and others are all in a skype group with me and I think I know my image v well and vs this specific opponent he doesnt think im spewy at all otr and its extremely difficult for me to ever have a bluff here, I cant really think of any hands Im expected to bluff here, I do play AA, KK, QQ, KQ, AK like this on the flop a decent % of the time too. Anyway said way more than I should!

With 55, again v player specific and ott picks up alot of hands he is going to barrel (yes he has them in his range if he 3bets jts pre)

The t9 hand is super standard though yeh, he turns so many hands that are going to barrel.

Its kinda fun that so many people rail the games, I often have people writing to me on skype.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by pleno1
      People always ask why a small beer? But to me, when Im finished I will just get another one, the less in a glass the better it will taste by the end.
      Get it. Gay.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      If the stake was that rare, why not just hit it on the head and slap it on a plate? Yeaauck!
      There's nothing wrong with a small beer, but why not have a large beer, following your philosophy it will surely taste even better with a bigger beer and a little patience?

I have a story about an old bull and a young bull and a whole herd of cows like that but...:)

So how hard is it to make money - and stay focused - at nl1K when the pool is about 20 players? That surely is ony interesting for a short time, then fun for a short time owning and having a laugh, then...meh?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I just don't see how a big beer can ever be better than a small beer. There's no way the last 20% can taste better than the first 20% of a new beer. I mean I just can't see how it is remotely close?

Surely 20 people in a pool is more fun than 200 right?
    • mesisification
      mesisification
      Bronze
      All 20 players regulars? Is there any recreational players?