NL FR Zoom working through Stakes [NL5]

• Zitaa
      Zitaa
      Bronze
      NL FR working through Stakes

:diamond: Me

My name is Antonio, i've 27 years old and work full time. I played poker for about 5 years with some time away from the tables in between.

I'm writing in English when my mother tongue is Portugueses so I can practice this language. Sorry for any mistakes.

:heart: A bit of history

I've played seriously SNG's for about 4 months, but i could never stayed for long on the $3,5 level. Catched some downswings and
      felt a "bit" frustrated about all the time I expent, learning, reading and practicing without any kind of results.
      I decided then to do other things that I have been priving myself for some time, like watching TV series and get out more often.

After some time, I feel empty with those activites, like paying video games for example. I feel like i've spent some time doing something,
      that will give me very few return.

To summarize, I decided to get on track playing NL FR games at the begining of this year.

I've to adress a word to my girlfriend, that made me feel ashamed when I told her I was thinking of quiet. That was a turning point.
      I think she really believes that I can pay our trips with poker money lol :p

:club: Objective

My main objective is to be an NL25 winning Reg by the end of the year. Money speaking, my goal is to make a part time from poker. Anything about 500€-700€/month
      would be great, and above that, almost a dream.

:spade: Study

I'm reading about poker, watching videos and posting hands on the forum. Not on the desired measure, but i'm working ;)

I deposited 20€ on day 01/01/2014

In between I've had $20 Bonus from Pokerstars

This are my results

I'm playing mostly Zoom. The 25NL was a momment of lack of inteligence. I moved UP with 20BI to NL5 and I'm planning to move to NL10
      with 30BI.

Hope that the blog brings anything useful to anybody ;) . Please, feel free to comment and give me your opinions.

Good luck at the tables
  • 69 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Antonio,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

I hope your girlfriend's right and you do get to pay for all your trips and a lot more.

Happy Grinding

Laz
    • Zitaa
      Zitaa
      Bronze
      Feb. Week 1

Hi,

Thanks Lazza61, I do hope that she's right :)

This week I didn't play the volume that I would like to play. Some shift work and I had to travel to be with my girlfriend. As some of you have heard a big percentage of our young population has to try to work overseas.

I'm playing mostly NL5

About studying, I watched some videos and read a couple articles.

15K hands on NL5 and 4,6bb/100. My goal was something near 8.

Good luck ;)
    • Zitaa
      Zitaa
      Bronze
      Feb. Week 2

Hi,

This week I watched some vídeos, read poker stuff and posted a lot of hands.
      I've had also coaching with the intention of correct my leaks and build on solid foundation.

26K hands at 5.17bb/100. Still behind the desired.

See you ;)
    • bernardohf
      bernardohf
      Bronze
      Hello man, good luck! Your blog is now in my favorite bar of the Google Chrome heheh.
      I'm also trying to beat the micros, I'm at NL2 in the bigger swing of my life, with 30usd of EV difference and 15 BI down. I was almost getting 20BI to NL5 but this sh*t happened hehe.

See you, I'm moving to FR now, I was a SH player.
    • Zitaa
      Zitaa
      Bronze
      Hi bernardohf,

Thanks for appearing. I hope that my blog deserves that distintion :p. At least I'll work for that.

Thats really a huge one, but for sure, in no time you will be on the 20BI for NL5 and we will meet at the tables.

Are you playing zoom or regular tables?
    • bernardohf
      bernardohf
      Bronze
      I've been playing regular tables, but I'll also try zoom tables.
      Tomorrow I'll start again playin NL2 FR, 8-tableling hoping that the swing is gone. GL!
    • Zitaa
      Zitaa
      Bronze
      I really enjoy zoom tables. You can pay more attention to each hand and have a good volume as well.

How do you work on your game? Videos, posting hands?

keep me updated on your progress ;)
    • bernardohf
      bernardohf
      Bronze
      Ok, videos I've already seen almost all of them, but I watched SH videos.
      Before I started playing SH, I was sucefful in FR tables, but I was adviced to play SH and changed. Now I am coming back to FR tables and I'll watch videos about FR playing. I have already read some books, watched trains and. I like to post hands and discuss them and also be part of discussion of other's players hands.
      Videos and posting hands, that is it!

Here: http://pt.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=116727
      It is a topic from me talking about my swing. It is NL2 SH.

I'll play like this: http://www.maisev.com/forum/micro-stakes-cash-games/37669-guia-completo-de-como-bater-os-micro-limites-em-henl-fr.html
      I was winner playing based in this post.
    • Zitaa
      Zitaa
      Bronze
      I saw the topic and is a ugly downswing. You are a winning player and soon enough you will put your green line above the orange one ;)

I did not read the post, but I can recommend videos from the portuguese coach double2 that are great. Even that in some of them, the format is 6max, we can apply almost all the things in FR.

I really learned from them.
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Silver
      Total 100 hands with you but no action :D
    • bernardohf
      bernardohf
      Bronze
      Hello, how are you doing?
      Things got better here, here is my last 3 days graph, sice I started playing FR again. I'm 12/9 e its ok to me =D
      http://imageshack.com/a/img716/9206/wa5w.png

What about you?
    • Zitaa
      Zitaa
      Bronze
      Total 100 hands with you but no action :D

Soon enough we will meet :) . Are studying and improving your game? Or just playing?

Your volume should be huge, no? Once you are platinum.

Hello, how are you doing?
      Things got better here, here is my last 3 days graph, sice I started playing FR again. I'm 12/9 e its ok to me =D
      http://imageshack.com/a/img716/9206/wa5w.png

What about you?

Hey,

Thats really great to see your graph :D . Congratz :s_cool:

Sure, I think its better to begin with stronger ranges, and with experience, open them. You will be at NL5 in no time.

This week is a poor one result speaking. Watch some videos, but made some mistakes at the tables. Tomorrow I'll post the graph and he will see how it looks :)
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Silver
      I wish, just won that platium for this month, am simple gold. I play up to 100k in a month. In vebruary around 70k sofare and 7bb/100, hope to moove nl10 soon with 40bi. Hope to get this platium soon by myself.
      I work a lot with tracking program, trayn to find any leaks, atm obv i use this status to see lots of platium videos and stradegy. Allso i have a blog in estonian pokerforum and most of the hands/staff i post there-my english kind a suc*s.
      bernardohf what's your pokerstars user, i did found more then one bernard, but not bernardohf, may have some hands with you to.
    • Zitaa
      Zitaa
      Bronze
      Hi reggie123,

Thanks for the tip in the hand evalution ;)

Thats a great winrate :s_cool: . Mine is about 4.x which is a bit far from what I want.
      I believe that I've a lot to learn with you ;)

Do you play zoom or regular tables?

Btw, I already visited Estonia. I've been in Tallinn for about a week. I've a friend who works there. Enjoyed it.

My english is not great as well :p.
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Silver
      Do you play zoom or regular tables?Btw, I already visited Estonia. I've been in Tallinn for about a week. I've a friend who works there. Enjoyed it.

Zoom..
      Am from near Tartu.

Your 3bet is 2, its kind a low, tray more resteals from sb,bb against players who have a high steal, foldto3bet ja low cbet.
      Nh :D
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $6.70 (VPIP: 14.80, PFR: 12.04, 3Bet Preflop: 1.69, Hands: 367)
      SB: $21.55 (VPIP: 20.23, PFR: 19.08, 3Bet Preflop: 3.77, Hands: 175)
      BB: $7.41 (VPIP: 17.73, PFR: 13.76, 3Bet Preflop: 7.27, Hands: 303)
      UTG: $2.57 (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 4)
      UTG+1: $5.12 (VPIP: 13.21, PFR: 8.96, 3Bet Preflop: 2.86, Hands: 216)
      Hero (UTG+2): $5.43
      MP: $11.66 (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
      MP+1: $5.01 (VPIP: 11.64, PFR: 6.59, 3Bet Preflop: 1.96, Hands: 1,993)
      CO: $6.10 (VPIP: 13.03, PFR: 8.52, 3Bet Preflop: 0.81, Hands: 407)

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 4:heart: 7:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.05, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.20, fold, fold, MP calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.47, 2 players) 3:diamond: 4:club: 5:club:
      MP checks, BTN bets $0.30, MP calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.07, 2 players) T:diamond:
      MP checks, BTN bets $0.75, MP calls $0.75

River: ($2.57, 2 players) 3:club:
      MP checks, BTN bets $1.90, MP raises to $4.10, BTN raises to $5.45 and is all-in, MP calls $1.35

BTN shows 5:diamond: 5:heart: (Full House, Fives full of Threes) (Pre 53%, Flop 67%, Turn 77%)
      MP shows Q:club: 7:club: (Flush, Queen High) (Pre 47%, Flop 33%, Turn 23%)
      BTN wins $12.91
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I'm playing NL10 zoom atm, so we might meet soon. ;) Will follow teh blog.

Btw. if you ever want to discuss some hands just add me in community tools and we can exchange Skype. :)
    • bernardohf
      bernardohf
      Bronze
      @reggie123
      I have changed my account, before I was "fusato.b", but I talked with pokerstars's support and they let me create a new one. Now (since yesterday noon) I am "b3rnar", but have just played 4k hands. I've been playing regular tables at NL2 FR, so I'm not so sure if you do have some hands of mine.

@Zitaa
      Yes man, I've already watched all of double2's videos hehe
      I was succesful at SH tables but I think playing FR and then changing to SH at NL25 or maybe NL10 is safer.

Playing a thighter game is better to learn how to control your mind, this is what I've more improved since started playing FR (since tuesday hehe)

Here is an exemple, look at this graph

I stayed a big part of the session 2 BI down and above the EV line and keep my A-game. Normaly, in these situations at SH, you just need to be 3betted a lot and they fold you AA pre-flop to tilt. But in FR things are slow so it's easyer to control.

G :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • Zitaa
      Zitaa
      Bronze
      Hi all,

reggie123

Tks :) . My real 3bet is around 4.x, but not enought I think. I've been working on 3bet ranges from blinds, so waiting to see the results that will produce in my game.

Whats your sreen name, if I may ask? :s_biggrin:

In the hand, i got lucky that he had the flush and that a 6 didn't hit the board.

JCSeerup

I hope so :) . I've been following your blog as well. Already add you. I think its a good idea to discuss hands and learn from each other.

bernardohf

Thats great you are keeping the 'control' in FR. Your results are speaking for you ;)

I really like his videos and I'm watching them. I need to improve my game.
    • bernardohf
      bernardohf
      Bronze
      Zitaa,

I played some hands at zoom tables. Well, what can I say? I didn't run very well and lost almost 2 BI, I am not so sure if I really ejoyed it. One thing is true, playing 4 tables in zoom I make more hands playing the same time 8 tables. Probably in other time I'll try it again, we will see.