getting killed on sng

• pokerst4r
      pokerst4r
      Bronze
      Hi All

I am really starting to get annoyed with sng's started really well last week played excatly to the strategy and was winning approx 2/3 (or placing should i say) but now for last few days i am getting killed on them always in 4th (bubble) and with cards like A4 K7 against my AJ's AQs even when i hit a pocket pair someone hits a bigger pockets. i would wait for the others players to knock them selfs out but blinds too high (usually in the 800 bracket with stacks around 2500) should i just bear with it and keep playing right to script and hope my luck turns or keep off them a while and play cash tables again although i only make very small profits on cash tables as a play the SSS on 0.05/0.10 NL

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/8/

imo
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi pokerst4r,

Hlynkinn has gave you the link for the software page. I'd suggest you download ICM Trainer, if you haven't already. Good ICM knowledge is an absolute must to play SnG's.

Also I'd suggest reading through the articles again. Even experianced players need to keep on building their game, and keep viewing all good information that they can.

If you have been a winning player over a good samplesize, then it could just be variance. But remember, variance will be made alot smaller if you play good, consistent poker.

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • pokerst4r
      pokerst4r
      Bronze
      HI

I have downloaded and gone through the training a number of times and seem to know when to push and fold but just hitting players that will call anything which always seems to beat me anyway will spend some time reading the articles again and continue to play hoping that this is just a unlucky patch.

Once again cheers
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi pokerst4r, sometimes people will call with crap but as long as you're ahead most of the time when u shove, u will be a winning player in the longrun. Don't think about bad beats on a small amount of occasions cause this is just variance, look at the big picture, most the times when u push with AQ n sum1 calls with A6 a 6 or miracle straight won't happen, but sometimes it does, n u need to be able to handle losing sometimes with the best hand or you won't be in the right mental state to continue playing good poker.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      I play at night with all the drunk americans and thier fat wallets. Friday nights are call-any-2 nights on fulltilt. I think the chum have a reward based system on who can call with the worst possible hand, and still suck out a win. To compensate I play perfect mathematical poker until the bubble pops, then I loosen up slightly. I notice my hand always dominates unless cold-decked.
      EG last night I did a 4-table session, all 4 go a similiar way... I get a good hand, I raise pot, I conti-bet....

Table 1 the chum folds I have 1700+ tokens

Table 2 the chum goes all-in, i fold, I have 1000+ tokens

Table 3 the chum goes all-in, i have top 2pair, I call and he hits a runner-runner, I have 150+ tokens (i clawed back to 900 in this game before getting chummed again)

Table 4 they all fold preflop and I have some bonus tokens for the blinds or gimping pockets.

Thats a typical starting session, 1-table is often a variance table it seems, as I could have a massive stack, or I am crippled. If I play solid poker I come out +EV at the end of the day, the difficult trick is to not go on tilt when they hand you a bad beat with donkey cards.