This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Two KQ hands, NL10 SH

• Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      I think I played these hands badly, especially the first one, should I donkbet potsize the flop, should I check-raise? I wanted to play this safe because my advantage was so thin vs. his range and I would probably fold any reasonable bet on the turn unless the card like 9 :heart: comes :-) 2nd hand is awfully played too I think, betsizing just sucked, I had only 9 hands on him but 50/25 made me do this decision.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,00
      BB:
      $11,94
      UTG:
      $5,00
      CO:
      $10,97
      BU:
      $8,10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , Q:heart:
      CO calls $0,10, BU folds, Hero raises to $0,30, BB raises to $0,60, CO calls $0,50, Hero calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,80) K:club: , 7:heart: , 9:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1,10, CO calls $1,10, Hero calls $1,10.

Turn: ($5,10) 9:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO raises $9,27 (All-In), Hero raises to $8,30 (All-In), BB folds.

River: ($22,67) 5:club:

Final Pot: $22,67

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and nines (Kh Qh)
      CO shows a pair of nines (Jc 8s)

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and nines (Kh Qh)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2,45
      Hero:
      $10,00
      MP3:
      $10,00
      CO:
      $2,00
      BU:
      $11,51

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , Q:heart: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,10.
      MP3 checks, CO calls $0,10, BU raises to $0,50, SB folds, Hero calls $0,40, MP3 folds, CO raises to $2,00 (All-In), BU calls $1,50, Hero calls $1,50.

Flop: ($6,15) K:spade: , 3:diamond: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,50, Hero raises to $2,70, BU raises to $9,51 (All-In), Hero raises to $8,00 (All-In).

Turn: ($23,66) 7:heart:
      River: ($23,66) K:club:

Final Pot: $23,66

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, kings (Kd Qh)
      CO shows a pair of kings (Jh Ah)
      BU shows a pair of kings (Jd Qc)

Hero wins with three of a kind, kings (Kd Qh)
  • 2 replies
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      You forgot to evaluate my hands! :-)
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      first hand is close but i think i would prefer a fold without history in a 3 way pot even if he is a donk
      he may have a 9 and thinks this is the best way to protect with that many draws :) . calling is not terrible either against him imo .

2nd hand just fold preflop . you are going into a 3 way pot with a highly dominated hand and with a short stack that is already all in
      as played if you raise make it biger (witch comits ) in order to not give good odds to a draw to call corectly
      but i have to say i dont like it at all
      gl