This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Fundamental Poker Skills

• EdgyAllan
      EdgyAllan
      Bronze
      What skills would you recommend beginners to work on early on in their poker experience? For example maths or such things.

Specifically, I am (re-)starting out and have a preference for SnG's. I am going through the basic articles. I think on first sight my maths skills need some work. My maths is crap, I struggle with basic multiplication nowadays like 9x12.

So what fundamentals can you recommend for beginners to brush up on? I intend to start practising with maths applications every day. I also generally read books on logic and good decision-making which a lot of can apply to poker (making clear decisions from the mind rather than emotions). I practise concentration in general.

What else is there? I mean truly basic fundamentals. I want to build a solid foundation. I.e. books, skills, softwares, articles, whatever you would recommend.
  • 2 replies