stepped up! Then down :(

• Craigsy633
      Craigsy633
      Bronze
      So gave Poker a rest to get my head straight, I was playing bad and getting unlucky as well. I was planning on coming back stronger BUT it didn't happen I was still rubbish.

At the weekend I stepped up onto their 5/10p tables, yep last of the big spenders!

Won a few, then got wiped out QQ into trip 2's (didn't see it coming), Then kept firing my trip 8's into an ace high flush! (Saw it coming but already over committed to the hand). They pain of loosing 10 Euro in one session seemed to have straightened my game.

Went back down to then 2/4 again and played really well. Picked my spots, lost small and won a few, still a fish but I think stepping up gave me more confidence.

Just reading mental game and then bronze articles again, just to get the basics straight again.
  • 4 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Craigsy633,

Playing poker is like climbing a greasy pole. You keep trying to climb up but every now and again you have to slip back.

Good players have no problem dropping down because preservation of your BR is so important.

Regards

Laz
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Running into a set of deuces with QQ or a nut flush with trip eights is just unlucky. I'd have to see the whole hand to tell, but based on what you said, I don't think you did anything wrong there, so there's no reason to call yourself a fish. :s_wink:

btw, I'm currently in the exact same situation as you. Moved up to NL10, had some nice profits, then lost a few buy-ins. Went back to NL5 with my tail between my legs, won again, tried to move back up to NL10. Just had one session there so far, which went reasonably well. Let's hope it stays that way...

It's nice to see you do some studying, it never hurts to go back to the basics in times of trouble.
      I think you have a good attitude when it comes to dealing with downswings.

Best of luck! :f_love:
    • tightfish19
      tightfish19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey Craigsy633,

Playing poker is like climbing a greasy pole. You keep trying to climb up but every now and again you have to slip back.

Good players have no problem dropping down because preservation of your BR is so important.

Regards

Laz
      Should frame that and hang it on the wall

Seriously
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey Craigsy633

Keep up the grind mate. Have you thought about posting hand in this blog too. No pressure obviously, but could be fun. I'm a huge fan of mental poker as well by the way, that reminds me to take another look, it really is a good read.

Regards,
      Luke