February NL10 FR ZOOM Medium stack blog

• churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Hey everyone who will read this. First of all thank you for your time coming to my blog.

Nothing fancy here, I just realized that one of the best way to discipline yourself is to write online your goals and progress (kind of public promise to try to work and to have someone to share experiences)

This blog is just for one February month.

So with no further introduction my goal:

GOAL each week to play 36 hours 4 tables Full ring NL5 medium stack strategy ( i counted that with my timetable at uni I can play 4 hours (18-24) Monday to Thursday and 10 hours Friday and Sunday. I know its big commitment and Im realistic that I wont be able to keep with it but I put a goal that if Im not playing I have to have a good reason (like uni work or other important work) but in no way to accept excuse like tired or bored.

No money goal, I know that poker is ups and downs so Ill just have volume goal and try to play the best tight-agressive game.

I wont post hands here but I will post after each session hand in hand evaluation and Ill post here only links to those threads.

Starting capital: 56$ I actually started with 36$ and played few hours today. I know all about bankroll management and that I should have more (min160) Well if ill be busted then this will be prove that bankroll is important, no Im curious to experiment with min. capital.

So thats for introduction.

If you read till here I have a question for you - have you tried to play both full rings and 6 handed tables? Could you say one or another is better? I personally started wit full ring and since my mindset is made for full ring Im keep playing FR but never tried 6 handed and still wondering if maybe Im doing a mistake by not moving to 6 handed?

See you at tables :f_cool:
  • 12 replies
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Silver
      Starting capital: 56$

4 table zoom equals 12-15 regular tables. Imo its way to small br for nl5. Good luck tho.
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      sorry its actually NL10 as 10ct BB made a mistake. So i guess only more radical failure of bankroll
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey churchilland,

Welcome to the blogs :)

I wish you the best of luck because unless you start on an upswing, your bankroll is toast.

Even as a MSSer, you only have about 10-12 BIs which is far too aggressive. On the plus side though you'll be playing against mainly BSSers.

Hope you can pull it off

Laz
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Thank you !

I had my first session after the post. Nigth session, played since 2am 3 zoom tables. made some mistakes (have to learn from them), but overall not bad i think:

have few interesting hand

All in on flop - indication of a set?
      overpair with a pair on a board

a set on a wet board

Question - do you guys think that playing night is less profitable than during rush hours?

Number of players goes down drastically from 900 to 200, and logic says that the biggest odds to catch fishes will be on rush hours. But also I think more sharks are that time too and if you look alot of different countries join tables at night - players from Brazil, Thailand, i assume they may be also recreation players who play poker for fun after work. So you can catch one or two fish and after all it all depends on your cards and reads. So to conclude i think there can be an argument that time doesn't matter anymore in poker.

But im not sure and will try to rethink after Ill have more experience in rush time. Any opinions?

Next time ill post at the end of the week with whole week results

see you at the tables :f_grin:
    • jawoftheox
      jawoftheox
      Bronze
      Good luck!

I play FR as well and kind of hard for me to adapt to 6max, I've heard otherwise is better.

About nights, hah, had +20 BI friday and saturday nights, NL2 though. Absolute goldmine.

Will be following :)
    • JJWic3
      JJWic3
      Bronze
      Hey, GL with the grind. Sick bankroll management though. :s_o:

To answer your questions, I think it's big +EV to play late night cause there are less regs and the field is softer in general.

About the question regarding to SH..I guess if you are good at fullring, you should stick with it. I played NL10 fullring as well and it's much softer than NL10 6max, but I don't like to play with NITs all day, that's why I changed to 6max(altough there are a lot of NITs in 6max as well). The player pool is higher at 6max therefore probably more recreational player, and more reg of course. And if you are a MSS guy, I would say better stick with fullring, cause people fold more to resteals than in 6max.
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Thank you guys !

unfortuanetly i didnt took long and now Im busted:

However I think thats not because of bankroll management, since i had good upswing and reached a normal bankroll level, but then mostly lack of discipline and concentration plus beads (variation) got me down.

Now i really have to rethink if I want even continue playing poker and if Im not having gambling problems. Funny how nobody talks about that on this site, because we all assume that poker is a game of skills and not gambling. Not entirely ture. You still bet money and take risk in order to win money. That gambling 101. Even with maths and odds you never know if opponent does not slow play stronger hands, outcomes ect. And if you keep doing that with no winning, one could call that practicing, but it can be called addiction too.

"Research shows that when gambling, the brain of someone with a gambling problem will produce endorphins. The brain naturally releases endorphins to soothe pain and they result in a feeling of great happiness, or a “high”"

Found this at - http://www.bigdeal.org.uk

So ill take time now to think about everything.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
    • pitabread189
      pitabread189
      Bronze
      What stack size are you leaving with and what are you buying in with?
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      JCSeerup thanks for that video, i found what he talks about self destruction very useful and related. Im reading now a lot stories about compulsive gambling in poker and probably will write a new thread soon about that.
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      pitabread189 buy in minimum possible 50 bb and leaving 60 bb
    • jawoftheox
      jawoftheox
      Bronze
      Believe me, you don't have gambling problems.