A new start -9 man-

• alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      Hi,

I think this is my 3rd blog but I am planning to stick to this one.I have been playing poker for 2 years and had a lot of ups and downs through limits mostly because I didn't know how to approach the game.At one time I was playing 30's but after some bad run I had to go down and see where I am standing so I got staked for 7's.I want to say that this thing was the smartest thing I could do(in fact SuperUorMe suggested this :D ).I played 2k games and here is the graph:

free photo hosting

After this we continued a staking deal for 15's.I played ~100 games so far but I will post a graph when I hit 1k games.

So first plan for this year is to study a lot and move in limits only when I have a good ROI on a nice sample.

Another thing I want to do this year is take some students that play like 1$ games and make some coaching deals for like 1 year because sometimes I don't fell like playing poker but I would do something to make money in the long run.I have a student all ready and I think it will be great after the end of the deal.

I also try to learn German on an app called duolinguo(saw it on a post of Schnitzelfisch) and I am at level 6.

I don't know how often I will update the blog but I will post when something important happens.

cya
  • 20 replies
    • ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      GL sir!
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      Originally posted by ozziwar
      GL sir!
      thank you

as an update I am at level 7 in German and I really like that app :)

for poker I am not running so hot but the good part is that EV goes up nice..only small sample though...I want to put a bit of volume this week
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey alxpoker91

Sexy graph there! Hope your goals go well and you get to the level want with German, as well as your poker goals. 3rd time lucky aye? ha. I have a blog as well but to be honest, i'm thinking about making a new one just for a fresh start.
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      Originally posted by legand73
      Hey alxpoker91

Sexy graph there! Hope your goals go well and you get to the level want with German, as well as your poker goals. 3rd time lucky aye? ha. I have a blog as well but to be honest, i'm thinking about making a new one just for a fresh start.
      thanks..yeah I hope so too :)

I didn't set any particular goals but I am trying to make a habit..like right now I am planning to play 6 hours a day Mon-Fri and reviewing all mark hands before start the first session.It might take up to 7h a day witch I think is good.Saturday and Sunday will see..I might play a session or study a bit.

With German I am going for 30 min every day..after I can make a bit of conversation I probably open a blog in German section to practice it more..will see

gl
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      15's still swingy today had a +80$ day after being +162$ at the end of first session.not a problem waiting that heater and when it comes maybe I will ship something from BoP too :D . I will take the weekend off the tables and start next week strong.

German goes well I am at level 8 and I practice it every day.
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      Nothing happening lately just playing and reviewing my game on a daily basis which is a good thing for me and I start to enjoy more the game.I want to show you a 2 graphs.First one is a graph of 15's last year and the second one is since I started the last block on 15's.

and now from this year:

windows 7 screenshot

I really feel like I improved a lot since I moved here.I had a coaching of 2 hours with superuorme and I learned a lot of new things that changed my game but I learned how to look at the game form a different perspective.I think that coaching was a wake up call in poker for me.

btw I hope you see why I am waiting for the heater :D
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      What does your german learning schedule look like? I might check out that app i'm lazily trying to learn mandarin
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      For poker player its somewhat questionable to keep weekends as holidays as games tend to be best then. Of course understandable if poker is just hobby or minor source of income.

How are games in 15$ limit these days? Need of table selection? Anyway good luck with this blog :)
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      Originally posted by legand73
      What does your german learning schedule look like? I might check out that app i'm lazily trying to learn mandarin
      it is a really nice app.you have a lot of lesson where you learn different words and take tests of 20 question where you can be wrong up to 3 question and still pass the test.after passing the tests it will unlock another lesson.the tests are translation from german to english and the other way around writing and speaking.i would recommend it
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      Originally posted by ghaleon
      For poker player its somewhat questionable to keep weekends as holidays as games tend to be best then. Of course understandable if poker is just hobby or minor source of income.

How are games in 15$ limit these days? Need of table selection? Anyway good luck with this blog :)
      yeah that is true but I am trying different things and see how is best.I was think of taking off 2 weekends a month.

the games are not that bad but i table select.i had regs marked as a big winning small winning, BE and loosing but i am trying to change that in a way that is more helpful because I see some good regs that you can steal even ATC or push looser in KO and I think i should mark them by these factors because it will be better to know what edge i have vs them.the games are definitely beatable.
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      not much going on lately..had some things to take care in real life and didn't have so much time for poker..will finish the 1k games by Sunday..I am running 1k$ under EV in 850 games..150 games to go anything can happen..

cya
    • RovarTry
      RovarTry
      Bronze
      Hey, buddy!

Almost missed that...

Happy for you that you got yourself a good coach and that things are going better and better. So how was your month? Did you ride that heather already?

Tnx for an app idea, was looking for smth like that!
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Hello!

Nice blog and I'll definitely be following your progress!

I looked at the 2 $15.00 9 man graphs and I can definitely see a big difference. Are those 15 dollar turbos mixed with KO or...?

Take Care,

Maythany
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      Originally posted by RovarTry
      Hey, buddy!

Almost missed that...

Happy for you that you got yourself a good coach and that things are going better and better. So how was your month? Did you ride that heather already?

Tnx for an app idea, was looking for smth like that!
      my month is almost the same as yours :f_biggrin: btw congratz on such a month and keep having them.

screenshot windows

Hello! Nice blog and I'll definitely be following your progress!

I looked at the 2 $15.00 9 man graphs and I can definitely see a big difference. Are those 15 dollar turbos mixed with KO or...?

Take Care,

Maythany

Thanks..i played 15's ko's (turbo and normal) and 15's normal

Made another deal that involves 4 coaching sessions with milan which is great..I feel very confident about beating the 15's but I want to prepare for the 30's and from my point of view milan is the best coach to do that.I so the difference in play since he coached me last time.

German app is set for 30 min a day work and have been slaking with it as with poker last 2 weeks so I have to recover but I am planning to work a lot this week.

here is the graph after i moved to 7's

screenshot windows 7
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      yesterday was not a great day..

how to capture screen

let's see the end of the next 1k games
    • Megalodon1988
      Megalodon1988
      Bronze
      Hello

I will follow your blog!

GL at the tables!
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      Originally posted by Megalodon1988
      Hello

I will follow your blog!

GL at the tables!
      Hi, thanks gl to you too!

Not much going on...nothing happened at 15's still running bad and some swings.Had another session with milan and i will concentrate more on steals and resteals.
    • mattusko
      mattusko
      Bronze
      Helou :)

Just found your blog. NICE. I want to resurect my blog, 3 months without post, shame on me :D

anyway, Good Luck and don't forget to HAVE FUN. i think it is really important.
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      Originally posted by mattusko
      Helou :)

Just found your blog. NICE. I want to resurect my blog, 3 months without post, shame on me :D

anyway, Good Luck and don't forget to HAVE FUN. i think it is really important.

hey thanks!

Is important to like what your are doing..and know I like that I have on what to concentrate and improve and don't really care how I am running.I see you are crushing hard :D

GL