Do i suck or is it just bad luck [Sit and go]

• mafaz
      Hello all.

I used to play poker a lot 2 years ago. Was a winning player on fulltilt

I started to play again... but didn't like the way things are going at all....

How much does EV graph shows? Or it doesn't mean much in sit and go?

Anyway heres my graph

I have been card dead ...
      Got aces 28 times out of 10168 hands :D which is way too little.
      Got action with them 8 times - only won 6.
      Cant win any flips and stuff like JJ vs Aj and other shit....

Anyway probably 300 tourney swing wont show much.

But anyway... do i just dont know how to play anymore. Is it just a swing or is it both?

Can you guys share your sit and go graphs?

I dont mind loosing 1K. The reason im worried is that im 700 below EV...
  • 7 replies
    • mafaz
      any other stats i should post?

anyway some of them are...

VPIP - 21
      PFR - 14
      Steal - 37
      BBfold to steal - 66
      3bet - 5
      Squeze - 5

Are these too tight or too loose maybe?
    • pauln
      It's hard to say with that sample although I would guess you are doing something wrong.

What buyin are you playing?
      Are you playing regular speed or turbo?

It's hard to say from your stats but I think you're limping too much. If you want to play a hand you need to be looking to raise it more and if you're not comfortable raising it you should be folding. You're raising the right amount so I think you need to cut down on the limping.

Given your 3bet i'd guess you're flat calling in the BB against a lot of steal attempts, this isn't good, your fold to steal% is too low. When playing out of position v a raise we need to have a decent hand and much of our range will want to 3 bet the steal attempt (particularly if he has a high steal %).
    • shivas80
      Given EV line i guess something really leaky in your game. Watch some videos.

What type tournies is this?
    • Necrophagist
      I would get out of those limits as fast as possible. You should move down and work on your game, that way you don't spew away 1,000's of dollars on practice. I would work on beating the low stakes and gradually moving up.
      You could take the money you would waste banging out losses and subscribe to a website that gives you content. With the amount of money you have lost in this graph you could almost buy a years worth of Diamond status on this website, supplying you with a vast amount of educational videos and articles that you could use. With consistent study habbits and volume you could work your way through the limits and make all that money back.

Your stats are very dependent on the type of SNG's you're playing. Whether it be normal, turbo or hyper(super).

Your sample size is very small. 300 tournaments will not tell you whether you're a winning or losing player. With that said I believe you're on a bad track, improvements need to be made in order to bring it back.

My suggestion is to move down in stakes and work on your game. A few ways you can improve are:
      Join in on every free pokerstrategy SNG coaching you can attend.
      Use programs like ICMIZER(google it), Hold'em Resources, SNG Wiz to learn ICM and better ranges.
      Pay for content [Edited by Lazza61 - We don't permit promotion of our competitors]
      Put the time in. This isn't something that happens overnight. You will need to put in consistent time over an extended period of time to become a shark.

There's definitely more you can do but I am sleepy. Best of luck.

Edit: Read blogs of players who started at the bottom and made it to the top!
    • Dyszka90
      nice volume :O
    • deezerr79
      You won 6 times out of 8 with the rockets? Running better than me :) .
      From my perspective, it looks like you are playing way above your skills and experience, remember that bankroll is not the only prerequisite to play certain limits... you can have 1000 bi's but if you lose there you will eventually lose all of them.. So, despite bankroll, try to move down and start all over from some point.

For example, when I started learning sng's more seriously (I'm originally cash player) I've started with 3.50's; even though, I had a bankroll for up to let's say 60's already..

You said that you already crushed certain limits playing sng's.. why not going back to these limits and try to re-build your game from that point on?

Best of luck,