• Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players

BTN: $76.60
      Hero (SB): $52.75
      BB: $49.35
      UTG: $97.90

Pre-Flop: 9:diamond: K:diamond: dealt to Hero (SB)
      BTN folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BB folds, UTG calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) T:spade: 4:diamond: 8:diamond: (2 Players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.50, UTG raises to $5, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($13.75) 8:club: (2 Players)
      UTG bets $8, Hero calls $8

River: ($29.75) 2:club: (2 Players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $20, UTG folds

Results: $29.75 Pot ($1.45 Rake)
      Hero mucked 9:diamond: K:diamond: and WON $28.30 (+$13.55 NET)

Okay so here are his stats:

VPIP: 27
      PFR: 13.5
      AF: 2
      Flop AF: 7
      Turn AF: 0.5
      River AF: 0
      WTS: 23.5
      Hands: 118
  • 9 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think I'd probably play flop and turn the same way.
      RIver is interesting, because can´t really expect that player folds here any pair and you should be ahead most of the straight and flushdraws.
      If I'd bet then I'd make it 15$, since if he has draw + weak pair then he'd fold, if he has better hand then he'd probably call.
    • SpeedyBK
      SpeedyBK
      Bronze
      I think i put my money in on the Flop here. We have foldequity against better hands, and our equity against top pair or an overpair is not bad.

Against his hole range (sets, Ax of diamonds, 97, T8, JJ, QQ, AT) i think we have 47%, and there is some Dead Money in the Pot.
    • PaulPanter
      PaulPanter
      Bronze
      I dont get the preflop action, UTG limp/calls and then you're ip as the SB? I guess you're the BU and BB calls right?

fold turn anyone?

I dont think we have the implieds to call here plus they might be reverse implieds if he has a fullhouse already.

And I don't like a flop 3bet/broke against almost unknown here.
    • SpeedyBK
      SpeedyBK
      Bronze
      And I don't like a flop 3bet/broke against almost unknown here.

Hey, this is too easy. Please explain why.
    • PaulPanter
      PaulPanter
      Bronze
      well, I don't think it's bad, but I prefer a call. I don't wanna go broke for 100BB with only a Khi FD and a backdoor straightdraw. NL50 is not that aggressive imo.

For 50-70BB okay, I 3bet as well, but I just like a call in this spot, that's just my style I guess.

edit: oh yea, if I see him c/minraising more often I 3bet the flop as well of course, just not against an unknown.

But dont you agree that - as played - a call on the turn is bad?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since you might have the best hand+ you´re ip and have good odds to hit your flush and K might also give you the best ahnd, then can´t see why you should fold turn.

Don´t like turning my hand into bluff on that board. You have ip and if opponent holds two pair or set then you can stack him if you hit your draw. If he is drawing then no need to push him away with better hand and people dot to c/r tp hand which they would fold against 3-bet.
      So I like more calling c/r, since our hand is not that good to get money all-in on the flop but good enough to see next card.
    • SpeedyBK
      SpeedyBK
      Bronze
      Okay, obviously Hero is Chuck Norris here, because he is SB and has position on the UTG guy :D . In Position it is okay to call here, but OOP I play donk/3-bet/broke flop.
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SpeedyBK
      Okay, obviously Hero is Chuck Norris here, because he is SB and has position on the UTG guy :D . In Position it is okay to call here, but OOP I play donk/3-bet/broke flop.
      well the converter screwed that up.
      I'm BU obv.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Raise or fold turn, calling with FD is almost never priofitable if your opponent is good, I'd raise here for sure vs tag and fold if he's a calling station.