[NL2-NL10] nl10 please improve my postflop skills

• allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $970,50
      Hero:
      $180,00

5,00/10,00 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:club: , 8:club:
      5 folds, SB calls $5,00, Hero checks.

sb 19/12/1/29/642 (vpip/pfr/af/wts/hh)

Flop: ($20,00) J:heart: , 4:club: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $10,00, Hero raises to $30,00, SB calls $20,00.

call is to weak, so raise or fold. he is betting only 1/2ps so a raise should be profitable for me with this hand

Turn: ($80,00) K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $50,00, SB calls $50,00.

i think b/f would be a nice line on the turn . i think he will only bet better hands on the turn (turn af 0.6)
        I can protect against FD's and have also FE against weak Jacks or good 8s

River: ($180,00) 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

i have defenitly no more valuebet, so checkbehind.

Final Pot: $180,00
  • 5 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      SB looks a little fishy to me. When I see RP12 with only 1FA, I think, preflop click-raising chum.

His ultra weak flop bet (click-raise) looks like a feeler/block-bet to me, I would give him a healthy 10 outs or so to beat middle pair. As an SSSr you only need 2 streets before the river to push all-in. I really like your bold play here on the flop... raise/fold is your line? On the flop I would like to see you raise a little bit more, to make sure he has poor odds if he is betting a draw, and also your play is a little weak, so he doesn't believe you have a J or 2pair. You also want your flop raise to set up your big push should you improve or the turn brings a scarecard. So on the flop I am reraising 50 and evaluating a turn push. With a call the pot is 120 and you have 120 left with some FE due to your aggression and his weak bet/call/check. On the turn I am then pushing any 8 any 3 any :club: and perhaps a non-heart ace or duece.

Perhaps I get too aggresive....
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Preflop 4bb, SB complete is weak and should be 'punished' even with ATC (BlindBash)

if he coldcalls, c-bet to a check/fold if you didnt hit anything.

As played, I would reraise a bit more on the Flop as you give him 3:1 to call your raise.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      davi I think you are a bit to aggressive.

I think he will calldown a lot of Jacks and better 8s So I don't think that I will go easily go Broke with such marginal Hand.

But I see that the Flop bet is a bit weak. 40$ so he gets 2.5: 1 should be the right one.

Lets wait for some judges.

I dislike to raise a completer any time especially with such a hand. On NL1k they normally know what there do. :)
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      i want to see a SD cheaply

therefore call flop, as played checkbehind turn

no need to protect such a weak hand
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      i think, i can't call the flop a calldown is to expensive on nl and their are so many hands on the turn and river i have to fold.
      I dislike call flop explain your line a bit more, please.

I also disagree a bit with your turn. i think i can get some better hands and some draws to fold, you don't think so?

but its ugly to get raised on the turn because i have already but in my half stack.

what do you think are the advantages of cb turn and call good river or hopping for free sd? especially therer are not many good rivers for me which i can call a bet.
      i think bet turn with some fe for a free sd would be also a nice line.