acephalia

• acephalia
      acephalia
      Bronze
      Hi there. Been playing poker for roughly 1 year on/off. Been on this website since I started. I have decided to try to take my game to a higher level so I want to be certified in the basics. I am basically a break-even player. I have yet to make my first withdrawal.

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I enjoy the social aspect of the game, as well as the fact that there is a possibility to make some money while having a good time. I wouldn't mind having a couple extra dollars coming in each month either.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I play while too tired, I tilt too much, I want to see showdown too much, you guys have pretty much named it all in the examples. I find that I over commit myself to pots and that i voluntarily put chips into the pot too often with too many marginal hands that really have no chance of improving. I get paranoid that I am getting bluffed so I make stupid hero calls even though I always say to myself, "he probably has it".

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Playing tight aggressive means that you only play hands that are strong and have a good showdown value. When you do play these hands, you will want to bet and not play them passively, be aggressive in other words. The key is to not be too aggressive though, you do not want to over commit. Play hands in profitable spots. Tight aggressive works because you show a strong image at the table, you play position, and you play strong hands.
  • 2 replies