Patience & Discipline = Profit | From $10 to $???

• Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Well, once again due my non existent bankroll management I went broke again at the end of last month. I play zoom up to NL50 with some shots at 100 as well as the hyper sats and an OK winrate in both formats.

At the end of July I withdrew my roll of around $2k as I spent a month travelling across America. Since then I've been bouncing around the stakes due to constantly playing underolled, tilting (mostly due to this) and having to make a large withdrawal at Christmas. Time to do things properly.

I have $100 in my account, going to build a roll starting at NL5 Zoom. Moving up a stake with 20 buy ins and back down at 15 and hopefully move up the stakes relatively quickly.

I play a pretty loose aggressive game which helps against the straightforward regs at these limits, I like to try and get creative and am decent at hand reading. In terms of weaknesses, BRM obviously, this leads to tilt and I have a bad habit of berating other players when on tilt, which leads to more of the former two. Hopefully can put a stop to all three of these.

So, $100 > $???, starting today.

GL All.

Millsy
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Millsy,

Looking forward to seeing your progress now you are back on the BRM straight and narrow.

Cheers

Laz
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I've seen you a few times at the $3.75 Sunday Storm Hyper Sats!

Good luck!
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      In my ultimate wisdom I made the same mistakes yet again, breaking every BRM rule at every format I played crashing head on into the inevitable brick wall of bustoville.

I think the only way I'm ever going to follow bankroll management properly is if I keep a record of everything in a blog, allowing me to track my progress whilst actually progressing through the limits properly. Hopefully being able to look at my thoughts and results over previous weeks whilst building a roll will remind me that it's really not worth putting a roll of of hundreds of dollars across 4 - 12 tables and hoping to run good whether you beat the games or not.

This time I really did hit rock bottom, dropping to an all time low of $10; an amount with which aren't really a ton of options to play anything with. I also need all of my income at the moment so depositing isn't really an option unless its $20 or so. Long story short I decided I would stick to NL2 Zoom; combining a format that I play a lot of and a limit that's easily beatable. If things went badly from the off I would deposit another 10 buy in's as necessary. More importantly, it forces me to throw my ego out the window, start from the bottom and get back to basics.

Anyway, I started playing yesterday and hit the ground running. Put 5k hands in and did pretty well ending up $35.10 at the end of the day. I hit a ten buy in downswing starting at hand 3750 just to remind myself how suicidal what I've previously been doing is, no matter how well you beat a limit.

So, after a day of running pretty well I've actually got a half decent roll of $45.97, some 23 buy ins for NL2, previously I would be loading up 4 tables of NL10 zoom right now. Anyway, $100 required for NL5, hopefully this pace continues but at 35bb/100 I doubt it!

Cheers

Millsy