This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Patience & Discipline = Profit | From $10 to $???

• Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Gold
      Well, once again due my non existent bankroll management I went broke again at the end of last month. I play zoom up to NL50 with some shots at 100 as well as the hyper sats and an OK winrate in both formats.

At the end of July I withdrew my roll of around $2k as I spent a month travelling across America. Since then I've been bouncing around the stakes due to constantly playing underolled, tilting (mostly due to this) and having to make a large withdrawal at Christmas. Time to do things properly.

I have $100 in my account, going to build a roll starting at NL5 Zoom. Moving up a stake with 20 buy ins and back down at 15 and hopefully move up the stakes relatively quickly.

I play a pretty loose aggressive game which helps against the straightforward regs at these limits, I like to try and get creative and am decent at hand reading. In terms of weaknesses, BRM obviously, this leads to tilt and I have a bad habit of berating other players when on tilt, which leads to more of the former two. Hopefully can put a stop to all three of these.

So, $100 > $???, starting today.

GL All.

Millsy
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Millsy,

Looking forward to seeing your progress now you are back on the BRM straight and narrow.

Cheers

Laz
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I've seen you a few times at the $3.75 Sunday Storm Hyper Sats!

Good luck!
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Gold
      In my ultimate wisdom I made the same mistakes yet again, breaking every BRM rule at every format I played crashing head on into the inevitable brick wall of bustoville.

I think the only way I'm ever going to follow bankroll management properly is if I keep a record of everything in a blog, allowing me to track my progress whilst actually progressing through the limits properly. Hopefully being able to look at my thoughts and results over previous weeks whilst building a roll will remind me that it's really not worth putting a roll of of hundreds of dollars across 4 - 12 tables and hoping to run good whether you beat the games or not.

This time I really did hit rock bottom, dropping to an all time low of $10; an amount with which aren't really a ton of options to play anything with. I also need all of my income at the moment so depositing isn't really an option unless its $20 or so. Long story short I decided I would stick to NL2 Zoom; combining a format that I play a lot of and a limit that's easily beatable. If things went badly from the off I would deposit another 10 buy in's as necessary. More importantly, it forces me to throw my ego out the window, start from the bottom and get back to basics.

Anyway, I started playing yesterday and hit the ground running. Put 5k hands in and did pretty well ending up $35.10 at the end of the day. I hit a ten buy in downswing starting at hand 3750 just to remind myself how suicidal what I've previously been doing is, no matter how well you beat a limit.

So, after a day of running pretty well I've actually got a half decent roll of $45.97, some 23 buy ins for NL2, previously I would be loading up 4 tables of NL10 zoom right now. Anyway, $100 required for NL5, hopefully this pace continues but at 35bb/100 I doubt it!

Cheers

Millsy