when should i stop?

• tazza
      tazza
      Basic
      im playing 9max NL50

i played 500,000 hands.. my win rate is 3bb/100

i am playing for 5 hours everyday

but when i finished 5hours.. i was winning by 150~250 dollars in the early session.. but when i finished 5hours ..oppositely i was losing by 100~200 dollars.. or b/e .. it happens often

On those days, I always regret and become tilt that I should better stop playing when I was winning by 200 dollars

So I want to ask you

Which is better that playing with the lowest and highest limitation,

or like now, if i have a good condition of my body, playing with limitation of time?

Which one do you prefer?
  • 6 replies
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      I usually play with a daily volume goal.

The only time I'll actually stop earlier than usual is when I'm starting to tilt.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I tend to find that my play deteriorates the further I get into a long session, so now I play short 2-3 hour sessions with a short break in between.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      I tend to find that my play deteriorates the further I get into a long session, so now I play short 2-3 hour sessions with a short break in between.
      ^^ This in my opinion. Just make your sessions shorter. Also stop looking at your results. Focus on your game and the results will come.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      It depends, are you playing zoom or regular?

For zoom try to play 1 hour sessions with 30 min breaks in between and at regular tables 1,5 hours with 30 min break in between. If you know you can play longer without it affecting you game then good, keep on going, but I think this is a pretty good starting point.
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maythany
      I usually play with a daily volume goal.

The only time I'll actually stop earlier than usual is when I'm starting to tilt.
      I love this comment. The truth is that by the time we notice we are on tilt, we will have already been tilting off our bankroll for several score hands. :D
    • DonkeyDirk
      DonkeyDirk
      Silver
      Originally posted by tazza
      im playing 9max NL50

i played 500,000 hands.. my win rate is 3bb/100

i am playing for 5 hours everyday

but when i finished 5hours.. i was winning by 150~250 dollars in the early session.. but when i finished 5hours ..oppositely i was losing by 100~200 dollars.. or b/e .. it happens often

On those days, I always regret and become tilt that I should better stop playing when I was winning by 200 dollars

So I want to ask you

Which is better that playing with the lowest and highest limitation,

or like now, if i have a good condition of my body, playing with limitation of time?

Which one do you prefer?
      I have the same problem as you. I noticed that playing sessions longer then 1 hour is -EV for me. Everytime i try it i spew away my money because of lack of focus. So i just play sessions of 1 hour with small breaks inbetween and it works great.

Try finding the spot where you start to lose focus and stop the session at that time. It takes some time to find the exact time but when you do you save alot of money :)