Hey player from Slovenia here!

• Abeceda
      Abeceda
      Bronze
      Hey!
      I come from Slovenia. I havent played too much online poker however I would really like to learn to play it the way so I could make some money besides having some fun. I usually play Texas Holdem with my friends, I also played some facebook poker, etc. I watched some videos, mostly about preflopping however I know there is still a lot I need to learn. Any suggestions how to start learning to get better? Because I believe the expression people use for poker players like me is newbie? :) I would really like to get better. I saw you have coaching on your site and is this the right way to start? I played micro stake poker for money :) However I believe I am not that good at it since I keep slowly loosing heh.
  • 35 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hey Alphabet :D ,

we are very glad to have you with us. I hope the weather was kind to you these days.

Maybe it is also an advantage that you haven't played much online poker yet. First of all it is great because you can sign to whatever site you want and get all the advantages of signing through PokerStrtegy.com. You can also of course try to start your online poker journey with some free money which is always great. Here are our free money poker offers.

When you will make your first strategy point you will become bronze. Here you can find some more info about our status and points system. With your bronze status and up you will unlock new learning material. But as a bronze member you will get all you need to start with. I suggest you to start playing at the lowest stakes. So if you want to play NL you can start with NL2 and then if things go in the right direction you can move to NL5 and so on.

Another thing i want to suggest you is to take part in our great Beginners' Course. Here you will be guided through basics of poker and more from experienced professional coaches. After the completion of that course i am pretty sure you will be ready to crush the lowest stakes.

Then if you want to show us your progress you are welcome to start your won blog. It is great technique to monitor your progress and to help you keep motivated.

If you need anything else we will be very glad to assist you and i hope to see you around the forum.

Good luck.
    • Abeceda
      Abeceda
      Bronze
      Thank you for nice words... However the weather here is worse than terrible... There are so exceptions like Ljubljana, but mostly there are huge electricity problems.

You wrote this to me:
      When you will make your first strategy point you will become bronze.

What do you mean by that? Strategy point? :O Sorry but I am new at this site so... Like I said-newbie. :)
      NL2. That means no limit 2? You mean no limit holdem 0,02/0,04 or anything else? I was playing 0,01/0,02 yesterday and today on bet365 and William Hill.

So if you could explain me these two thing so I can take the beginner's course after and start my blog in future :)

Thank you again for all help!
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hey again Abeceda,

have you signed to bet365 and William Hill through PokerStrategy? If yes and if you correctly followed the step by step instruction you will receive your first strategy points soon (mostly you receive them in 48 hours). When you have tracked account you receive StrategyPoints. More rake you produce more PS points points you get. You need only 1 point to stay bronze member forever. Also becoming silver is quite easy.

You are right. With NL i mean No Limit Holdem. You will find many abbreviations around but you will get used to them really soon. NL2 means 0,01/0,02 game. 0,02/0,04 is NL4 and so on.

So if you could explain me these two thing so I can take the beginner's course after and start my blog in future

This is great idea. And i am pretty sure you will enjoy doing beginner's course assignments.

There are so exceptions like Ljubljana, but mostly there are huge electricity problems.

Yeah i know. My coworkers are from Logatec and Horjul and they still don't have electricity. I hope everything will sort out soon in our small Slovenia:) .
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Abeceda,

If you take advantage of one of our free poker money offers you will earn 1 StrategyPoint (SP). This by itself will than allow you to send friend requests, send PMs and post images and graphs.

You can check out full details of our status and points system here.

No limit Holdem cash games are generally played using Big Stack Strategy (BSS) which requires you to buy in for 100 big blinds. So NL2 means No Limit .01/.02c, so each buyin is $2.

Hope this helps

Laz
    • Abeceda
      Abeceda
      Bronze
      I registered on william hill via your free money offer, however I havent send you my ID. Is this going to be a problem Is there any other way to become bronze?

So you are from Slovenia too? Heh I am from Logatec too... Disaster... However I am on Faculty right now so... I have internet at leasts. Alan do you have skype perhaps? Since we can talk in same language I guess it would be easier... :)

Thank you both for the answers regarding NL2
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hey again,

it is not allowed to send skype contacts for security reasons on the forum, but we can exchange them through community tool. When you will become bronze we will be able to do that. I hope you understand.

So have you received an email from PokerStrategy to provide your ID or form WilliamHIll? This is standard security procedure and your data will be of course safe.
    • Abeceda
      Abeceda
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883
      Hey again,

it is not allowed to send skype contacts for security reasons on the forum, but we can exchange them through community tool. When you will become bronze we will be able to do that. I hope you understand.

So have you received an email from PokerStrategy to provide your ID or form WilliamHIll? This is standard security procedure and your data will be of course safe.
      Ok no problem I understand! And no I havent... I only got activation email from your site
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      This is ok then.

So if you correctly signed up to William Hill you will become bronze in the next days. So hope to see you in bronze soon.
    • makskoritnik
      makskoritnik
      Bronze
      Hey abeceda,

I'm from Slovenia as well, but I guess, I should write in English:) So if you want some help about everything, from strategy to all the general stuff related to poker. You can add me on skype(just send me a friend request here and we can exchange skype IDs) and I would be more than happy to explain everything. Becouse I was/still am a beginner and i know how much it helps if you have someone to ask one on one.

Regards,
      Maks
    • Abeceda
      Abeceda
      Bronze
      i think you must accept me
    • Abeceda
      Abeceda
      Bronze
      Hi Abeceda,

We are sorry to inform you that your user account at PokerStrategy.com did not pass the security check. As a result, your poker room account cannot be credited with the free money.

What is going on? I took a picture of my ID and now this???? Why? Anyone? :/
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey Abeceda,

I answered the ticket you sent about this. So please see that ticket for a detailed answer.

Long story short, we can't disclose the reason you didn't pass the security check for security reasons. However, your account only fails to pass the security check if there is some sort of violation of our Terms & Conditions:

Terms & Conditions

Again though, please see the ticket for a more detailed response from me. I trust you'll understand.

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • Abeceda
      Abeceda
      Bronze
      Aha... So now in order for me to become bronze I must do what? Pay you?
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      No, definitely not!

You don't need to get the free poker money to get a higher status. You can also play tracked on one of our partner rooms without having to pay anything. Here is a list of all poker rooms you can choose from:

Poker rooms

You need to earn just one StrategyPoint to get to Bronze status, and then you'll keep at least Bronze status forever :)

As mentioned earlier, you can find more info about how this all works exactly on this page:

Status & Points system

Hopefully that helps!
    • Abeceda
      Abeceda
      Bronze
      I deposited 20€ on titanpoker now. Can you just tell what this means
      $1 Rake = 3 StrategyPoints
      What is Rake????

I mean i know what strategy points are but Rake??? :/
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Rake is basically the percentage of the pot or a tournament fee that goes to the poker room. Let's say you play a $20 pot in a cash game. You will probably only actually get $19, because you have to pay rake, which the poker room takes as revenue.

The same applies to tournaments. You'll find for example $1+$0.10 tournaments. That means that you pay $1.10, but only $1 of your buyin goes to the prizepool, because the $0.10 goes to the poker room.

Hopefully that makes sense :)
    • Abeceda
      Abeceda
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Rake is basically the percentage of the pot or a tournament fee that goes to the poker room. Let's say you play a $20 pot in a cash game. You will probably only actually get $19, because you have to pay rake, which the poker room takes as revenue.

The same applies to tournaments. You'll find for example $1+$0.10 tournaments. That means that you pay $1.10, but only $1 of your buyin goes to the prizepool, because the $0.10 goes to the poker room.

Hopefully that makes sense :)
      Ok. Lets say that I am getting something about that yea. So I played Limit Holdem 0,01/0,02€ before and I played around 55 hands. But the poker room didnt take anything from me? Or did they?
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      In cash games, rake is only collected from called bets. You don't have to pay anything if you steal the blinds, for example.

Maybe you already paid rake and didn't notice it, it's actually pretty easy to miss since it's done so quickly. Next time you see anyone win a pot, take a close look at the money in the middle. If the pot is big enough, you should see part of it being subtracted before it is returned to the winner.

Also, on some sites like for example Pokerstars, the rake is actually displayed somewhere on screen, seperate from the pot:
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hi Abeceda,

we do have also a nice tool where you will find a lot of words realted to poker. You can find it here.

Of course don't be afraid to ask here anything you want but if you will come to some expressions you don't understand just check them in the tool and you might find the answer you want immediately.

Are you going to play Limit Holdem or is this just temporary? Also Limit Holdem is very good covered with content here at PokerStrategy so whatever you choose you will get all the content you need here.

Good luck mate.