Fpp question

• metalhead9
      metalhead9
      Bronze
      I have made some FPP's with the bonus i got from pokerstrategy, more precisely i have 730 FPPs and therefore I've cleared the bonus( for about a week) so my question is do I have the right to use all the FPP to buy-in for a tourney? I saw some Sunday million qualifications with FPP entry.
  • 14 replies
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      They're your FPP's. You can use them to enter tourneys if you wish. Or buy stuff from the Stars store, etc. They're yours to use as you wish.

You just had to clear the 500 vpp's before you could withdraw the starting capital PokerStrategy gave you. Once you clear those, you can withdraw the cash (if you wanted to) or use it to keep building your roll.

But your points are yours. Have fun with 'em
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      buy Stress Star!!! :D

:heart: :heart:
    • metalhead9
      metalhead9
      Bronze
      You just had to clear the 500 vpp's before you could withdraw the starting capital PokerStrategy gave you.
      So i have now cleared the bonus, right? because you wrote vpp, and are they equivalent to fpps, or to strategy points? I think its the first one, but I have to be sure.
      Thanks for the reply.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      VPP = base FPP (FPP before multiplication)

That means, if you have to earn certain amount of base FPP (for bonuses, etc.), look at your VIP status which is counted in VPP (FPPs can be different).
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      right, VPP are the base points. They are reset every month, and are used to figure out your Stars level (SilverStar, GoldStar, PlatinumStar, etc)

Also, the VPP's are what your PokerStrategy points are based on (and any time you have to clear a bonus or anything.) They are your 'base points'. You get 1 PokerStrategy point for every 2 PokerStars VPP's.

FPP's are your VPPs times your PokerStars level multiplier. These are what you spend in the Stars Store, or spend on Tourney entries, or whatever. These don't reset every month, and they don't expire. (so long as you play 1 hand a year).

So it's 500 VPPs you needed to clear. If you did this in a week, then you're all set. (you had 90 days to do it, so.. pretty easy). To make sure, you can click on "Cashier" then "VIP Status" and if you have collected more than 500 points there, since you started clearing your bonus, then you're good. :D

If I wasn't clear enough there.. pretty much all your questions regarding the Stars VIP program can be answered starting here:

PokerStars VIP Program - Poker Bonus and Rewards:
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Velak
      right, VPP are the base points. They are reset every month, and are used to figure out your Stars level (SilverStar, GoldStar, PlatinumStar, etc)
      they're reset every month but only to determine your VIP status up to Platinum Star; SN and SNE are counted per year. You can always check your VPP per month and per year (what is helpful if you can't fulfill bonus requirement in calendar month) ;)
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      i have a question about the rakeback on the PS, as it seems there is no rakeback :D , but you can buy bonus $ with your FPP or you get some bonus when you reach higher level and have enough FPP?! How is with that? And what is the best option and what to do with your FPP (buy items, or buy bonuses or?)? thank you for help.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Buying items is no good option as they can be bought cheaper in you local store (mostly). The best way is to reach Supernova and buy Porsche :D (it's $0.02/FPP) or if you're playing less than that but more than 10k VPP per month, save your FPPs until you reach Supernova (10 months) and buy $4000 cash coupons ($0.016/FPP)..
      Or you can spend FPPs for buy-ins to tourneys/satellites if you're good tourney player :)
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      Buying items is no good option as they can be bought cheaper in you local store (mostly). The best way is to reach Supernova and buy Porsche :D (it's $0.02/FPP) or if you're playing less than that but more than 10k VPP per month, save your FPPs until you reach Supernova (10 months) and buy $4000 cash coupons ($0.016/FPP)..
      Or you can spend FPPs for buy-ins to tourneys/satellites if you're good tourney player :)
      Opal99, yeah probably i ll buy Porsche :D ...what did you mean by 4000$ cash coupons, is it pure money send to your PS account, or is it somekind 4000$ bonus for releasment after playing...how are tournaments on PS, soft, hard, medium?...I am mostly a cash game player, but tournaments are also OK, when i am in the mood :P . What types of tournaments would you propose for FPP ponints for example if i got 10kFPP points per month?thanks
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drachdudek
      Originally posted by opal99
      Opal99, yeah probably i ll buy Porsche :D ...what did you mean by 4000$ cash coupons, is it pure money send to your PS account, or is it somekind 4000$ bonus for releasment after playing...how are tournaments on PS, soft, hard, medium?...I am mostly a cash game player, but tournaments are also OK, when i am in the mood :P . What types of tournaments would you propose for FPP ponints for example if i got 10kFPP points per month?thanks
      Hello! Satellites aren't really hard, aldough it depends which ones you want to play. The bonuses are NOT cash, you have to clear them once you buy them.

And one more thing, you plan to get only 10kFPP/month?!? If you want to maintain your platinum status here at PS you are going to make much more points, ~15k is the minimum once you get at least Gold status at Stars I think.

And if you have to much time the best FPP qualifiers are the turney rebuy ones to Sunday Mil or Warm-up. They are fairly easy and not very costly, but they take time.

Good luck!
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      The bonuses are NOT cash, you have to clear them once you buy them.
      yes; cash bonuses will be credited to your account as soon as you meet all requirements, but:
      - it doesn't matter if you're not going to leave PokerStars
      - e.g. for $4000 you have to generate 28k base FPPs in next 90 days, but they will be yours (so you'll earn 28k*3.5 = 98,000 which can be redeemed for another bonus or Porsche ;) )
      - value of these bonuses is not reduced because of the requirements to withdraw

If you have a lot FPPs, go for PokerStars Turbo Takedown (5000 buy-in, $1,000,000 prize pool, 12k players, 4000 paid places) - this is probably the best tourney offer.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      thanks to you both, playing now for several days, but i still didnt get no PS strategy points :( ...i dont know what s wrong, i ve done everything as required when made a first deposit and open account...anway i have send a ticket and i ll see...
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      thanks to you both, playing now for several days, but i still didnt get no PS strategy points :( ...i dont know what s wrong, i ve done everything as required when made a first deposit and open account...anway i have send a ticket and i ll see...
      Did you activate information shearing? And did you enter the commercial code or what ever that is? My points are updating fine, so I think you should check with support(Stars or PS) if your account is tracked.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      Did you activate information shearing? And did you enter the commercial code or what ever that is? My points are updating fine, so I think you should check with support(Stars or PS) if your account is tracked.
      now it is fine, i think PStars needs some day to activate connection through PStrategy :)