Stairway to heaven

• flappy1
      flappy1
      Basic
      Hi guys, I am creating this blog, to keep me motivated through my cash games climbing. I've been playing poker for one year, but nothing was going ever my way. So i decided that i will try new "career" with start of this year.
      I deposited 50$ in january, and spent some days playing. Nowadays, I play mainly nl2, because I am a strict bankroll manager. I feel safe, only when I have like 40-75bi for my next limit... I'm going to move to nl5, when my bankroll reachs 200$.. I'm usually playing like 13-20 tables, so that's why I am kind of scared :)

My bankroll is now 131$. Although I should have more, as you see on my graph, I don't, because I've played some tournaments and sng's when i was tilted.

GRAPH
      http://imageshack.com/a/img35/6523/v1rq.jpg

My longterm goals
      :heart: Crush through micro stakes to NL100

:heart: Improve my game

:heart: Make less mistakes

:heart: Have fun!

My shortterm goals
      :heart: Make nl5

Hope you'll like my blog :) I will update this blog after every day I'll play.
  • 29 replies
    • PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      Good luck, it seems you are in the right track!
      There's no problem in playing a couple of tournaments every now and then, as long as you aren't clueless, it will boost your bankroll :)
      But don't you dare to tilt !
    • pkrsgy
      pkrsgy
      Basic
      looks great! good luck
    • flappy1
      flappy1
      Basic
      Last 3 days were awful... I was very tired, so i couldn't play my best... I hope it will turn over and i will start winning again. :) Let's have some sleep.

Graph of my short session
      http://imageshack.com/a/img853/7626/u36g.jpg
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey flappy1,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

Poker can be a game of ups and downs. It is important to be properly prepared for playing a session. This includes being fresh and being well rested. Ofc sometimes this is not possible due to real life committments.

Happy Grinding

Laz
    • flappy1
      flappy1
      Basic
      Hello guys, today was really tough for me mentally.
      I felt really tired after lunch so I've slept for like 2 hours before I have gone grinding. I started session very badly, almost 4bi down, but I managed to turn it around and I've ended my day with profit of 17$. I think it could be much more, if nobody was beating me in spots, where i was ahead.

I can't show you my graph, because my holdem manager decided to not import hands.

I would like to ask you about your opinion about this hand, do you think it was well played? Or would you do the thing I did as well?
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.09)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($4.23)
      CO ($1.55)
      BTN ($3.07)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 8:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.06, CO calls $0.06, fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.24) 9:club: 8:spade: J:club:

SB bets $0.22, Hero calls $0.22, UTG raises to $0.72, CO calls $0.72, SB raises to $6.03 (AI), Hero folds, UTG calls $3.45 (AI), CO calls $0.77 (AI)

TURN ($10.29) 9:club: 8:spade: J:club: A:diamond:

RIVER ($10.29) 9:club: 8:spade: J:club: A:diamond: 3:heart:

CO shows 6:club: T:club:
      (Pre 11%, Flop 38.4%, Turn 25.0%)

SB shows T:heart: J:heart:
      (Pre 17%, Flop 14.3%, Turn 10.7%)

UTG shows Q:spade: Q:club:
      (Pre 72%, Flop 47.3%, Turn 64.3%)

UTG wins $9.99

:heart: :heart: Bankroll : 140,5$ :heart: :heart:
    • flappy1
      flappy1
      Basic
      Today was a great day, because I had really hot run, and i have managed a good profit. I have been playing mainly zoom tables, and I don't know how to import hands from them to Holdem Manager2 . Do anyone of you guys knows how to do it? Thanks

I played also weekly 30k$ freeroll, where I ended up taking 6$ for my eforts. I was close to the next payjump, but I lost AJ<89..

So my bankroll is now :club: 171$. :club:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey flappy1,

Check out this link for how to set up HEM2 for Zoom

Regards

Laz
    • flappy1
      flappy1
      Basic
      Oh, sorry, I made a mistake. I have Holdem Manager 1. Is it possible to track the zoom hands also?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey flappy1,

I'm not sure if HEM1 is still supported. I would suggest you post this question on our Hold'em and Omaha Manager board where the HEM rep will have a definite answer.

Cheers

Laz
    • flappy1
      flappy1
      Basic
      Hello guys!
      Sorry for not posting anything here in last 3 days or so.. I haven't been playing any cash games, so I couldn't post here any graph, or any statistics. I have been playing ZOOM mainly, and it went pretty well... First day I made like 30 bucks there. The next day it was worse, but I won some FPP sattelites and I had 11$ in t-money... Next day's zooming wasn't that good, but I played $1,1+R 60k$ guaranteed.. I ran pretty good, I was chipleader for a long time, but in the end, I ended up taking 45$ ... It would be nice to have 13k$ more in my cashier :D
      My bankroll reached 226$, so I tried to move up in limits, but it went pretty bad... It took me only 165 hands to loose 20$ on nl5... But I hope it will get better. Maybe I should start studying something. Do you have any recommendation to any materials on micro-stakes? It would help me really ..

So, wish me luck!

Bankroll now : :club: :club: 210$ :club: :club:
    • flappy1
      flappy1
      Basic
      Today I played 4 tables of Zoom nl5.... It was a nightmare.. I don't really know how to discribe it, because there was lot of hands, that I won, but much bigger amount of hands, that I lost... I don't think I can play nl5 now, because my confidence has fallen. But I still believe, it will get better.

My bankroll now: :diamond: :diamond: 185$ :( :( :( :( :diamond: :diamond:
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      I know how you feel, mate. One or two weeks ago, I was in the exact same situation, except that it was one limit higher. I'm still struggling to keep my footing in Zoom NL10.

Hey, don't sweat it. Just grind your way back to $200 playing NL2, you'll get another shot in no time. :f_wink:
      And remember to always think in Big Blinds, not dollars. Don't know if this was a problem for you.

Originally posted by flappy1
      Maybe I should start studying something. Do you have any recommendation to any materials on micro-stakes? It would help me really ..
      Did you take a look at the Videos section? There's plenty of stuff that is available even to basic members. You might already be familiar with many of the concepts, but maybe there are a few clips that could help you out.
    • flappy1
      flappy1
      Basic
      Hey people of pokerstrategy! Sorry for not posting here, I didn't feel the need of writing something... My last post here was when i was grinding nl2 and took a shot at nl5. So I grinded the way back to 200$ then I grinded up to 230 or so and I tried to mix nl5 to my sessions. when my bankroll reached 250 $ I was "comfortably" playing 4tables of zoom nl5...

I downloaded HEM2 30 day trial, so I can see my results and graphs of zoom.
      In march i played 25k hands of nl5 and I have 8,5bb/100.

My bankroll :club: :club: 345$ :club: :club:
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      Nice man I too play nl5/10 zoom mix whats ur sn mine is same as here :D so if u see me fold to my steal xD
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Glad to see you're back, but even more glad to see you're crushing now! :f_biggrin:
    • flappy1
      flappy1
      Basic
      Hello!
      Quick repost about last 48 hours... Yesterday I have played only 2 hours on zoom and ended up something like B/E.. I dont really know :D But I opened a 3,3$six max tournament and it went pretty well. I have had a party planed that evening, so the fact, that I had to finish tournament with 15minutes levels was quite annoying. But motivation to win money won.. I had to play on my smartphone, where I haven't won a coinflip in my entire life I think :D , but I somehow did it to last 2 tables, and unfortunately, I ended up on the 7th place taking 90$.. The first got 1k$... That's a dissapointment, but the biggest win in my life, and good bankroll boost.
      I played also one 7$ sixmax turbo for fun and I won that today. And the last "tournament" i played was 1fpp 300max sitand go to sunday storm... 3 seats was there ready to be taken by players, and I was one of the lucky ones! I can't believe it, it is bingo as **** :D

Gl everyone and me mainly!

:club: :heart: bankroll : 461$ :spade: :diamond:
    • flappy1
      flappy1
      Basic
      HEY GUYS! I AM BACK. It's time for another report.
      So, last week was hard to me personaly, and so on the tables of pokerstars.. I've been playing badly, unluckily, so most of the time I ended up BE.. I was on 500$ all the time.. Than sunday came. I had a bad start, losing something like 25$, but I managed to climb to 540$... Than yesterday, I was close to 600$ mark, but the will to reach it makes me play even worse :D ...
      Till today, i was playing nl5, I moved to nl10 today. Great welcome winning day ! I've been playing 2 tables with like 1200bb :D And i also finished second in one small tournament and I got 31$...

As I've been looking to vip store, I've seen Citizen watches and I told myself, that i want them! So my new challenge is to get 20k fpp and be able to buy them :D

Bankroll : :heart: :heart: 695$ :heart: :heart:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      6th of Feb to 18th March -> $560 + :f_eek:

So, that'll be nl5 owned then! :s_evil:

Be careful of those landmarks, you might get a bit tilty if you don't achieve them soon enough for your liking. I've done that - and every other mistake of course - so easy to do.

Run good, get that Citizen :s_cool: and have fun,

Mal.
    • flappy1
      flappy1
      Basic
      oasidnvokasdfasldvadspvn last two days were everything but not good... Been playing nl10 and I lost 60$, which was for me not very familiar.... So with this "losing mood" I started playing today... Down 85$... Don't know what to say about this, because I am dissapointed as I could ever be.. I took a shot at nl25 at tilt, for about 5 hands... than I lost.
      Do anyone of you guys know some psychology tip, video, article about tilt control? mindset? It would help me a lot..

gadget51... It would be nice if I ran good, I can't say it now.

bankroll X( X( 572$ X( X( :f_cry: :f_cry: