Coach double2 Blog

• double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi guys,

my name is Pedro, I'm a Portuguese 26 years old Medical Doctor who just likes to make more money playing 2 hours/day of Poker than by working 8hrs/day in the hospital.

I'm a coach and a video producer for PokerStrategy Portugal/Brazil.

I currently play 200NL Zoom, I haven't played a ton of hands yet but it's going pretty good.

Decided to create this blog in the English Community because I feel like I gave enough time to Portuguese Community, it's time to give something back to English Community whose coaches just made me the Poker player I am today.

Just wanna give my props to EmanuelC16 and Uri Peleg. First one teached me how to think about poker and the second one is taking my game to an all other level.

So, gonna post ocasionally some interesting hands, some random posts I feel like doing and most of all I'll try to help everyone who posts hands in this blog. Dunno if this is going to have a lot of people posting but I'll try to answer all of the hands.

Also, gonna leave my last 150k hands so you guys feel somewhat comfortable hearing my input.

Cheers!

• 119 replies
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      (reserved)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Ok I'm in fr the journey
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Pedro,

Welcome to the English blogs. :)

You should come to Australia. Doctors make shitloads of money out here which is why they are always on the golf course (Dentists make even more).

Also impressed that you acknowledge the help of the coaches and now want to give something back to the community.

Also notice you have some unknown fish following already. :coolface:

Good luck and hope to see some interesting posts.

Laz
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Nice results :) looking forward for your posts!
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Finally an easy way to link people to you! :f_biggrin: :f_thumbsup:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      will be reading sir
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Ok I'm in fr the journey
      Hmm, first person to post, kind of a good omen :)

Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey Pedro,

Welcome to the English blogs. :)

You should come to Australia. Doctors make shitloads of money out here which is why they are always on the golf course (Dentists make even more).

Also impressed that you acknowledge the help of the coaches and now want to give something back to the community.

Also notice you have some unknown fish following already. :coolface:

Good luck and hope to see some interesting posts.

Laz
      Thanks Lazza,

Gonna have to check out those requisites to practice Medicine in Australia ;)

Originally posted by LgWz
      Nice results :) looking forward for your posts!
      Thank you sir.

Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Finally an easy way to link people to you! :f_biggrin: :f_thumbsup:
      Thanks Manu.

Originally posted by DrDunne
      will be reading sir
      And posting ;)
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Hello double2! I am gonna follow and post some hands as well :f_cool:

I have one spot where i am kinda lost from yesterdays session.

Here it is:

No info about villains

Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2424872
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $27.46 - VPIP: 57, PFR: 29, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 7
      SB: $27.55 - VPIP: 100, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 1
      Hero (BB): $32.90 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 7, AF: 1,9, Hands: 66000
      UTG: $51.82 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 13, 3B: 6, AF: 1,0, Hands: 39
      MP: $20.36 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 13, 3B: 25, AF: 0,0, Hands: 15
      CO: $30.16 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 20, 3B: 0, AF: 4,0, Hands: 20

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Q :heart: Q :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.55, BTN calls $0.55, SB calls $0.45, Hero raises to $2.75, 1 fold, BTN calls $2.20, 1 fold

Flop: ($6.60) 7 :club: T :spade: J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75

Turn: ($14.10) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7.75, Hero calls $7.75

River: ($29.60) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $13.21, Hero calls $13.21

Since they are unknow i tend to play more in gto way and because this flop is better for his range then mine i think i should be protecting mine check/folding range and play here pretty passive.

My squeeze range:

stack of:AK,QQ+ not sure about JJ here.
      squeez/fold: JJ,ATs,KJs,T8s+,97s+,87s,AKo,AJo,KQo

BTNs range that he might be cold calling :

JJ-77, AQs, AQo, KQs, JTs, T9s :f_confused: or do you think that he might have differrent range?

Btw what would be your range here if you dont want to be exploitable by squeeze?

On the flop: For sure i am cbeting 98s and 87s,97s as a bluff.
      Not sure how to play JJ+ here. And KQ, AK.
      If i dont cbet ops, should i be c/c KQ cause i am not betting enough combos for value?

Weaker pairs i am c/c.

Hope that you wont mind hepling me with complete game plan here since it will take you probably some time. :f_cool:

Is there any info about your private coachings? Next week i am gonna shot nl50 so in near future i will probably be looking for somebody who can help me through nl50 to nl100 and manu was saying some kind words about you. So it would be cool if you can give me some informations ;)
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Okay, cool.

So, pre flop I would say our range should be something like TT+, AK/AQ, KQ and then hands like KJo, QJo, ATo, AJo, pretty much off suit brodways that don't play well in mwp but our okay to add to our sqz range because they have blockers and they play okay in a HU pot against a flat 3bet range. You could add some SCs (maybe 4 combos like 67s) but that's not mandatory. I would probably not sqz/fold JJ but that probably close. Deff stacking off AK/QQ+.

And I would overcall a shit load of hands, given the odds. Axs, Kxs, Qxs, Txs, any remotely playable suited hand.

Since BU is an unknown you have to consider the possibility that he might be a fish, and if so he will have a much wider range than the one you posted, if he was a reg, then yeah, that range is okay.

Flop I disagree, it does not hit villains range better, I think it smashes both players ranges. We have that kind of hand that prefers to stack off right here on the flop than bet and then see a turn card like an 8,9, J, K, A that prevents us from going for 3 streets of value. So in that sense it makes somewhat sense to c/r/call shove, we would add some bluffs like maybe 78, 8x or 9x would be good choices if we have any in our sqz range.

My problem with this line is that if villain is wider than we expect, then he's gonna have hands like 78s, T9s, J9s, and those are going to check back flop which is kinda of a disaster for our hand. So QQ should probably be okay to cbet as well, along with KK/AA, KQ, AQ, maybe AJ, and of course TT/JJ.

But I really don't think QQ should be in our c/c range on this board, I might be wrong of course. c/c I would say KJ, QJ, J9s, T9s, AT, KT... You should not be too concerned about having a capped range. If you want to add some stronger hands to that range start with AJ ou AA, not QQ.

Does that make sense?

As for private coaching, pm me.

EDIT: regarding GTO question about squeeze I'm gonna think a bit about it and do some reasearch, i'll give an answer later.
    • Riverdiver
      Riverdiver
      Bronze
      In for epic bread

Are you gonna play full time after becoming a doctor?? That's baller
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Riverdiver
      In for epic bread

Are you gonna play full time after becoming a doctor?? That's baller
      I'm already a doctor. I'm a Neurology resident. For now, I have a guaranteed job spot for the next 4 years, then I really don't know, but Poker is really a sweet "hobbie" to have. Maybe after I finish my residency I'll live a year abroad just playing Poker or something. That would be cool. :)
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by double2
      I'm a Neurology resident.
      I will definitely post some hands then! btw im interested in some coaching with you but since im studying i wont be able to put that time into poker until around summertime. gives me a chance to save some funds though!
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      I'm a Neurology resident.
      I will definitely post some hands then! btw im interested in some coaching with you but since im studying i wont be able to put that time into poker until around summertime. gives me a chance to save some funds though!
      Why the fact that I'm a Neurology resident should be an incentive to post hands? :)
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      well i just saw neurology and thought COOL. im studying for a MSc in psych research methods and i have some neuroscience modules which im loving
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      well i just saw neurology and thought COOL. im studying for a MSc in psych research methods and i have some neuroscience modules which im loving
      Nice. Neurology has some aspects that are downright awesome. Although a lot of the time it's dealing with stroke-stroke-headache-stroke-headache...
    • alonohara
      alonohara
      Bronze
      Nice. Neurology has some aspects that are downright awesome. Although a lot of the time it's dealing with stroke-stroke-headache-stroke-headache...
      Ya!

Like poker... :D

Add Thread to Favorites ===>>> Done.

This blog has been read faster than the other in Portuguese. :coolface:

GL @poker @life!!!
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Does that make sense?

Yep it does, thanks. If you find someting about gto vs squeeze i would appreciate it too :)

As for private coaching, pm me.

added you :f_cool:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Subbed :s_cool:

Double2 is my coach right now. I had 2 sessions with him which were very very interesting. He's such a nice guy and I can't wait for my next session!
    • Kony76
      Kony76
      Bronze
      having 2 blogs of Double2 to follow is great.

It means more good information for us.

:D