Reaching the dream

• raugas14
      raugas14
      Bronze
      Hello forum,
      I don't really know there to start. I am 20 years old student from Lithuania. I been playing poker for quite a long time now and I have made few k profit in the last year, yet I don't know exactly how much cause I've been withdrawing it once i needed money. I was a good winning player, yet almost month ago I broke up with my girlfriend of close to 4 years and since then my life became total chaos. I used to be super happy everyday, i would get up early in the morning with bigass smile on my face and now I am not myself anymore. I can barely get out of bed in the mornings, I don't smile so much anymore, I am not as fun to be around as i used to. Second thing in the world what would bring me joy and smile was poker, and well i started loosing, I was running super bad (or at least it felt like it), couldn't concentrate. Now I am broke. I decided to quit poker, as It wouldn't bring me joy anymore. But yet I am super happy I have best friends in the world. They all are helping me through my tough times and now one of my friends send me 100$ at stars with condition i create a poker blog, so here it is.

motivational video for today!

I know i can do it, and I will do it!

,,Life ain't all sunshine and rainbows, it's a very mean and nasty place, and i don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep there permanently if you let it. You, me, nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" Rocky Balboa

Here is tourneys i am going to play today (i plan to start playing at 20:00EET):
      on Stars:
      5.4$ [turbo, knockout] 10k gtd
      5.5$ 5k gtd
      1.35$ [turbo, knockout] 7k gtd
      1.1$ 250cap*
      2.2$ 100cap*
      2.2$ [turbo] 10k gtd
      11$ THe big 11$ 60k gtd (huge value tourney)
      13.5$ [knockout] 8k gtd (huge value with super soft field)
      3.3$ 60cap [6-max]
      4.4$ [turbo] 8k gtd
      1.1$ 250cap*
      5.5$ [turbo] 10k gtd
      2.7$ [turbo, knockout] 7.5k gtd*
      (total BI 59.25$)
      *- i might not play if i have too many tables on

on FTP:
      1.1$ 750gtd
      2x
      5.5$ 1UP 4k gtd (this tourney have max 4 entries so i am playing on playing with 2 unless i get coolered and i see i have edge i might join more)
      2.2$ 500gtd
      5.5$ 2k gtd
      3.3$ Velociraptor (up to 3rebuys)
      (total BI 23.1 + 17.6=40.7 if i decide to use max entries at 1UP and rebuy at Velociraptor)

Going ship some!

Good luck at the tables!
  • 13 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      hey raugas14,

having great friends its the most important thing in the world. You are still so young and entire life is in front of you so i believe you will see this experience as a good one for you life in the future. It will make you even stronger.

I will follow your progress and i hope we will see some great big green numbers here.

Stay strong and i wish you all good luck in poker and your personal life.

Take care.
    • raugas14
      raugas14
      Bronze
      Thanks Alan :)

Just finished 8th in the Crocodile for 78$, failed at the final table, sadly, could have won more.

250cap 1.1$ finished 6th if I recall right i won like 10$ yet i had a huge edge on players, was chip leader for most of the time but lost kk<jj, and few other 60:40 70:40hands once there were 2 tables but still managed to get to FT

Also finished 14th in 500gtd were 2nd in chips with just 15players left but lost a9<89, 99<q9 and q9<kj (sb vs bb)

Also ran deep in 1UP but went out qq<aa

Total bankroll is 12+92=104 so I finished day in +! would have been much more but mistimed on crocodileFT, + I played on my old pc because i don't have my laptop anymore and i forgot that this baby can't fit more than 9 tables at once so at the start of the session i was spewing chips :/
      It feels so good to finish day with a profit even if it is a small profit. Will post graph tomorrow need to get some rest with a big fking smile i hadn't got in a long time.

Goodluck at the tables ;)
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      This is a great warm up. I am glad it went quite well. Keep up with great work and keep us updated :f_thumbsup:
    • raugas14
      raugas14
      Bronze
      Yeah, making double FT + just super bad variance from 3rd boost my self confident. :s_biggrin:

yet I will make some adjustments for today's play: gonna play 9tables max + only play cap tourneys on pokerstars because huge fields require huge luck and well i am not doing fine with the luck part of the game :D

so here is yesterdays graph:
      https://imageshack.com/i/nhaafcp

yesterday's start of the session was terrible because i could normally fit only 9tables so i was spewing lot of chip of this reason. I was going deep in 5.4$ knockout on starts but lost aa<ak :f_mad:
      anyway today's session gonna be AWESOME i feel it, i will post tourneys, i am going to play today, list later :)

gl at the tables! ;)
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hey raugas14,

for graphs - if you want of course - you can also add pictures directly into your post.

Just use "Insert image" button from the tool bar and enter the direct link to the picture in it.

Like that just without (.)

[.IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/782x341q90/845/aafc.png[./IMG]

If you made it on purpose then please accept my apologies :f_cool:
    • raugas14
      raugas14
      Bronze
      I tried just as you say but couldn't so just posted a link, but i guess i need silver status in order to post picture like that :D

tournament list:
      FTp:
      12k gtd 26$
      2k gtd 5.5$
      daily double a 12$
      daily double b 12$
      stars:
      3k gtd 11$
      3k gtd 11$
      the big 11$

gonna ship it!
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I think bronze is enough to post pictures here. But just be careful that you write down direct link to the picture with extension as .jpg, png and so on and not just link where you see the picture on imageshack.

GOOD link to see picture: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/782x341q90/845/aafc.png

BAD link to see picture:
      https://imageshack.com/i/nhaafcp

I do also use very nice tool to share pictures on imageshack.

It is called ImageShack Uploader and you can find it here if you are interested :f_biggrin:

Good luck and i hope we will see some great tourney results.
    • raugas14
      raugas14
      Bronze
      oh yeah i did upload it wrong (facepalm) thanks for help again, Alan :)

anyway I lost everything on Tuesday,didn't play the tourneys I wrote because i started playing earlier and decided not to put all my roll on 6tourneys yet still managed to loose every1 on bad beat (out of 4tourneys holding bigger pair and once AK<kq) :f_cry: , was going deep in 11$ but lost to 1 outer :f_mad: aa vs 88 flop was all diamonds and i had a diamond ace so all he needed is 8 of hears and it felt on the river :f_eek:

so today i got up early (this happens rarely :D ) and decided what poker is my dream and deposited my last 100$ and start all over. The start is great because i managed to FT both tourneys i played on FTP
      (thanks to Alan for this picture :D ) on the Pokerstars side i lost 40$ on mtSng all on flips just before itm :s_frown:

up 500$ today! hope to continue running hot!

Goodluck at the tables :)
    • raugas14
      raugas14
      Bronze
      today was the best day i ever had i guess, not the money wise but the FT. Made 6 of them! :s_biggrin: Sadly didn't manage to win any :s_mad:
      was going FT in 12$ daily double but lost set vs set :f_cry: and lost aa<kq on q 5 8 flop as q fell on turn, all in for chip lead at 26$ 4k knockout with 43players left :s_cry: :s_cry:

on jokerstars side i still can't find my game as i bust out every tourney i play :f_confused:

pokerstars:

ftp:

2014 Feb. 15:

so day ended +660$ :s_cool:
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Woooow so great congratulations man. So great. I know you are aware of BRM but still. Be careful because also MTTs are very thought these days and without proper BRM we can get busto pretty easily :D .

Good luck in the future games and i hope to see some more green numbers here :f_thumbsup:
    • raugas14
      raugas14
      Bronze

i have to agree brm is my biggest leak but well i just shipped 44$ tourney (for i wasn't rolled :D ) for 700$! :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:

and at the moment of writing lost aa<44 in 26$ tourney :f_eek:
    • raugas14
      raugas14
      Bronze
      9th in 55$ made 1rebuy for 114$ lost aj<a6 :s_cry: :s_mad: :f_mad:
    • raugas14
      raugas14
      Bronze
      :s_biggrin:

TODAY IS MY DAY!!!!!!!