taipanw

• taipanw
      taipanw
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm Ken from Thailand. Now I'm about 24 years old. I'm a musician and I'm really really interested in Poker game. It's so fun and attractive. I'm graduated in Mathematic major, so I know about this game for long time. But now I intend to play it as my occupation. I spent the time to study the rules and techniques at least 6 months before I decided to deposit real money to the game. Absolutely, almost of them, I studied from this web site.

ps. I apologize for wrong English grammar sometimes, because my english skill isn't quite strong. But I'm trying to improve it.
  • 2 replies
    • taipanw
      taipanw
      Bronze
      Homework 1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      That I've told, I need play it as occupation. Many poker player, who I know, inspired me. They told many times that you can gain profit if you play it right.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      I frequently lost my money with bad beats. Many times I'd got very beat hands for instance AA but I lost with sets of another player. Sometimes I'd got straight but another had got flush or four if a kind. And I can't read what cards or made hands did the opposite have got.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      It mean play not too much hands but play aggressively when you get good hands. I admire that I'm LAG. I always play when I've got pockets or suited cards. But I'm trying to learn and to be TAG.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello taipanw,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good job with the first homework.

With the help of this course (and myself) and your hard work we should be able to overcome a lot of your weakness.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan

PS: don't worry about your English, it's perfectly fine :)