6-Max Hyper Turbo Satellites

• rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      About me:

Hi everyone my name is Aaron and i live in Perth, Western Australia.
      I am 21 years old as of a few weeks ago. I have been at uni for the last 2 1/2 years studying a commerce degree, but have decided to drop out this year... realised uni is not for me at the moment, and i have just been wasting time and money with something i have not enjoyed at all.
      So 2014 will be my gap year and allow my to truely have a think about what i want to do in my life.
      I work part-time at the local shop, roughly 25hrs per week, but am going to be looking for another job to start soon so i can start earning a bit more money. I am going to Travel to France in August to visit my Mum's side of the family, and have not decided how long i will stay there for, so i will have from now until then to play poker on a regular basis hopefully.

I am not planning on playing these games as my 2nd source of income, i feel i still have a long way to go in my game to show a longterm profit, but for the moment i am playing these for the enjoyment. :)

My Poker Career:

I have been playing online poker since i was about 17 years old, but it was always micro volume. Last year was the first time i attempted to grind games and put in a bit more volume, but it always ended after several weeks as sometimes i needed to cashout my br and other times i just got bored and drifted onto other games.

I made my first blog here a few months back, which unfortunely only lasted several weeks before i had to withdraw all my br to pay expenses... :(
      But i am back here hoping to redo the success, and become a better player.

I will be playing mainly 6max hyper satellites, inparticular the 36man shootouts for the sunday million. My volume in these won't be enourmous, because i still have somewhat of a busy lifestyle, and can usually only play late at night 10pm-3am. So i won't be one of those regs playing 1000's of games a week... but i will slowly increase my volume when i get more confortable. I do also enjoy playing some HU hyper games for a bit of fun and practice.

Here is my overall graph for the $7.25 36man shootouts. The arrow shows where i started playing again only several days ago.

Here is my overall graph for $3.75 6max hyper satellites for sunday storm:

On ocasion i will will play some hu hypers too! upto $5 buyin usually:

I am not planning on playing these games as my 2nd source of income, i feel i still have a long way to go in my game to show a longterm profit, but for the moment i am playing these for the enjoyment. :)

Having said that, i will still try watever possible to improve my game as fast as i can, so i will be on the lookout for a coach to book a few sessions in the near future.

My Goals
      :diamond: Improve my concentration in multi tabling (keep timing out)...
      :diamond: Post HH for analysis
      :diamond: Save some money aside for a coach
      :diamond: Start to use my HUD and understand it all properly.

Short-Term: Within next 2 weeks
      :diamond: Reach 500 shootout games.
  • 28 replies
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      So had a small session tonight with just shootouts went well towards the end very close to multiple wins but ended up with just the 1.

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Currently playing the $3.75 satellites myself!

Good luck at the tables!
    • iceteapeche
      iceteapeche
      Bronze
      lol @ playing those 36m shootouts with a br of ~$1000. Those things are brutal
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iceteapeche
      Ok i had a good think about it i know your defs right these can be sick sick sick games sometimes. Although ive built this up from just $60 and i feel unstopable i know the downswing is just around the corner, so im adding $1500 to my current BR. I have no idea what the recomended BR is for these shootout games but for moment $2500 is more than enough for me considering my smallish volume for these so far.

Bankroll at: $2403.56
    • iceteapeche
      iceteapeche
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rubberduckie000
      Originally posted by iceteapeche
      Ok i had a good think about it i know your defs right these can be sick sick sick games sometimes. Although ive built this up from just $60 and i feel unstopable i know the downswing is just around the corner, so im adding $1500 to my current BR. I have no idea what the recomended BR is for these shootout games but for moment $2500 is more than enough for me considering my smallish volume for these so far.

Bankroll at: $2403.56
      Had a downswing of $3k+ at those games with ev being positive at all blindlevels, but not likely you will be as unlucky as I was in those games, so 2.5k should be fine. 1k downswings are pretty common and biggest downswing I've seen from regs are ~2k...

GL!
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze

Had a downswing of $3k+ at those games with ev being positive at all blindlevels, but not likely you will be as unlucky as I was in those games, so 2.5k should be fine. 1k downswings are pretty common and biggest downswing I've seen from regs are ~2k...

GL!
      Holy jesus... I wasn't expecting to hear that. You've scared me now lol.
      I was regularly checking up on most the guys playing on the tables and did see that $700+ swings looked pretty common. Guess its only a matter of time for me then... thanks for the info tho :)
    • iceteapeche
      iceteapeche
      Bronze

GL!
      Holy jesus... I wasn't expecting to hear that. You've scared me now lol.
      I was regularly checking up on most the guys playing on the tables and did see that $700+ swings looked pretty common. Guess its only a matter of time for me then... thanks for the info tho :)
      Checked again...you probably know arturitto77, his graph over 6k games 7.25 36mans looks pretty solid. Max downswing of 1k there (he had one 2k downswing at 8.16 36m sats though, the ones before the 7.25). Pretty sick how unlucky I've been in those games haha

Don't be scared and just play them, they are really profitable:) maybe just say something like, I play 36m sats with anything over $1.5k in my bankroll.
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Awesome blog, will definitely follow you man!
      Some questions :)
      Always wondered how those FPP or cash satellites worked on Stars. Can you go more in detail with stuff like
      1) How many people get some $ from those 36? (whats the payout structure like)
      2) How often do these games run for your stake level?
      3) What is expected ROI of decent reg for your stake ?( how much can you make pre rb a month on average there)
      4) What is the value then for FPPs if you play those (is it like SNE or SN) ?

I am basically wondering about all this cause if there is traffic to play 100 of those a day, it might be worth digging into that as couple of guys already wrote those are really soft :)
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      Awesome blog, will definitely follow you man!
      Some questions :)
      Always wondered how those FPP or cash satellites worked on Stars. Can you go more in detail with stuff like
      1) How many people get some $ from those 36? (whats the payout structure like)
      3) What is expected ROI of decent reg for your stake ?( how much can you make pre rb a month on average there)
      4) What is the value then for FPPs if you play those (is it like SNE or SN) ?

I am basically wondering about all this cause if there is traffic to play 100 of those a day, it might be worth digging into that as couple of guys already wrote those are really soft :)
      Hey man thanks for dropping by and reading :)

1) With the 36man shootouts, there is only 1 buyin level you can play which is for a Sunday Mill ticket. Buyin is $7.25, you have to get to final table to get any money back. On Final table it is basically 2nd-6th place gets $8.20 and 1st place gets the $215 ticket. Basically winner takes all...

2) The 36man shootout games only load up one at a time, but on a decent day it usually it takes about 1-2min for 36ppl to register and then you can reg the next one.
      For the $3.75 6max satellites that i play (or basically any other 6max satellite buyin amount that you play), they load up very very fast, you can basically play 12tables and load a new one up in a few seconds after finishing a game. So your volume for these could be massive!!

3) For the 36man shootouts im really not sure what ROI is expected. Most of the players that i have searched haven't played enough volume for me to think its a fair analysis for an ROI. But like Iceteapeche said below regarding the player arturitto77, he's played 18k+ games with 19.5% ROI, i would think that the average decent reg at these would be at like 10% maybe?
      i could be totally wrong with that though, hopefully someone else can help answer that better.

For the single table 6max games, i think a good overall ROI (from what i've heard) is like 2%, so you need to put lots and lots of volume in those.

4) Someone else will have to answer this one, im still very new to the whole vip status stuff on PS, so i honestly don't even understand what this means yet... lol

But overall, yes you can quite easily get 100 games a day with these. Saying that though, i don't tihnk ive even had 100+ games in a day yet, im still working and studying on my game and strategies instead of focusing all on volume.
      You really should try them out mate! :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze

Hey man thanks for dropping by and reading :)

1) With the 36man shootouts, there is only 1 buyin level you can play which is for a Sunday Mill ticket. Buyin is $7.25, you have to get to final table to get any money back. On Final table it is basically 2nd-6th place gets $8.20 and 1st place gets the $215 ticket. Basically winner takes all...

2) The 36man shootout games only load up one at a time, but on a decent day it usually it takes about 1-2min for 36ppl to register and then you can reg the next one.
      For the $3.75 6max satellites that i play (or basically any other 6max satellite buyin amount that you play), they load up very very fast, you can basically play 12tables and load a new one up in a few seconds after finishing a game. So your volume for these could be massive!!

3) For the 36man shootouts im really not sure what ROI is expected. Most of the players that i have searched haven't played enough volume for me to think its a fair analysis for an ROI. But like Iceteapeche said below regarding the player arturitto77, he's played 18k+ games with 19.5% ROI, i would think that the average decent reg at these would be at like 10% maybe?
      i could be totally wrong with that though, hopefully someone else can help answer that better.

For the single table 6max games, i think a good overall ROI (from what i've heard) is like 2%, so you need to put lots and lots of volume in those.

4) Someone else will have to answer this one, im still very new to the whole vip status stuff on PS, so i honestly don't even understand what this means yet... lol

But overall, yes you can quite easily get 100 games a day with these. Saying that though, i don't tihnk ive even had 100+ games in a day yet, im still working and studying on my game and strategies instead of focusing all on volume.
      You really should try them out mate! :)
      Awesome responses man thank you so much!

Couple of more questions if you don't mind? :)

You said that you play 3.75$ buy in 6 max satellites?
      What are those for cause 7.25 is for sunday mill and those are for what?
      Also how long does this 36 man satellite lasts on average?

I am happy to hear that you can put nice volume there. Variation is huge cause only 1 person basically gets the $ and 35 are not ITMing so to speak. I think that can be made up with tons of volume and the fact that probably within those 35 remaining players there is a lot of recreational or fishes who will stack you off lighter and help build solid stack always. I might be wrong :)

Just one final question (for now)
      How do I find that satellite in Stars lobby - I want to play that 7.25$ today at least one to get the feel for it :)

Appreciate it man!
    • iceteapeche
      iceteapeche
      Bronze

Have to add something to this question:) From monday through saturday there are running something in between 2 and maybe 6 at a time (think they average about 15 minutes). On sunday though, they run very very much, as the SM is on sunday, just like the sunday warmup, for which the sats are also running on sunday. It's not that easy to get 100+ games on non-sundays, but on average you can get 100 games a day a lot easier as playing 250-300 games on sunday isn't that hard (if you have the time on sunday and not play just 1 table at a time).
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Have to add something to this questionsmile From monday through saturday there are running something in between 2 and maybe 6 at a time (think they average about 15 minutes). On sunday though, they run very very much, as the SM is on sunday, just like the sunday warmup, for which the sats are also running on sunday. It's not that easy to get 100+ games on non-sundays, but on average you can get 100 games a day a lot easier as playing 250-300 games on sunday isn't that hard (if you have the time on sunday and not play just 1 table at a time).
      Thanks for the added input iceteapeche .

You said that you play 3.75$ buy in 6 max satellites?
      What are those for cause 7.25 is for sunday mill and those are for what?
      The $3.75 games are for the $11 Sunday Storm.

Also how long does this 36 man satellite lasts on average?
      Looking at my stats on pt4, for the games that i won, they were mainly 20-28 minutes.

fishes who will stack you off lighter and help build solid stack always!
      There are a LOT of these!

How do I find that satellite in Stars lobby - I want to play that 7.25$ today at least one to get the feel for it
      In my SNG filter i've ticked: Shootout, Satellite, Hyper Turbo and 6max. But you can also just search for the sunday million, and when you open up the tournament lobby for it you will see all of the satellites being played too.
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Awesome man, will try it all out in near future.
      Thank you very much for your time and responses!
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Havent really played many hyper the last few days, but down about $200 from the shootouts that i have played. Decided to get back onto 888 poker and reg a few mtt's super late so they were basically hyper styles to begin with. Been having a blast with them! :)
      Came 2nd for $453, which i was pretty bummed out about because when i reached 3 handed i was cl and i think i was playing a bit too much in hyper mode when infact i was a bit deeper than i actually thought. But still had some shitty runbad towards the end AA vs 77 and KK vs 22 lost both.

Forgot how soft 888 actually is though...
      Favorite hand so far on 888 mtts. Thought i was dead after i got 3 other callers.

BTN: 49.35 BB
      SB: 23.87 BB
      BB: 16.67 BB
      UTG: 24.7 BB
      UTG+1: 22.33 BB
      Hero (MP): 16.67 BB
      MP+1: 16.17 BB
      CO: 79.45 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.67 BB, MP+1 calls 2.67 BB, CO calls 2.67 BB, fold, SB calls 2.17 BB, BB calls 1.67 BB

Flop: (13.33 BB, 5 players) 7:diamond: 9:spade: 5:club:
      SB checks, BB bets 14 BB, Hero calls 14 BB, MP+1 calls 13.5 BB, CO calls 14 BB, SB calls 14 BB

Turn: (82.83 BB, 5 players) 4:spade:
      SB checks, CO bets 62.78 BB, SB calls 7.2 BB

River: (97.23 BB, 5 players) 5:diamond:

SB shows 6:club: A:spade: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 11%, Flop 18%, Turn 21%)
      BB shows T:heart: 9:club: (Two Pair, Nines and Fives) (Pre 12%, Flop 11%, Turn 8%)
      Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:spade: (Two Pair, Queens and Fives) (Pre 42%, Flop 47%, Turn 58%)
      MP+1 shows 9:heart: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Nines and Fives) (Pre 11%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      CO shows 9:diamond: K:diamond: (Two Pair, Nines and Fives) (Pre 24%, Flop 16%, Turn 8%)
      Hero wins 80.83 BB
      Hero wins 2 BB
      CO wins 14.4 BB

Hopefully i'll be playing a big session on Sunday for hypers.
      Need Volume!!!!!
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Ok so as of now it has officially been 1 week since i started playing these shootouts again. Unfortunately now i have to use all my graphs from sharkscope because i didn't realise that if i play on my mobile at work i can only retrieve the last 100 hands to import back into pt4.... X(

I am still yet to have really played any $3.75 single table saties, been really trying to focus on these shootouts, and i found a few more smaller buyin shooutouts to play also! :)

But as of now here is my graph for $7.25 shootouts after 1 week:

Starting to feel a lot more confident playing these although i know i am still making mistakes, but ill be getting some coaching in the near future.
      Now i just need a bit of confidence in myself to start posting some HH without thinking im a complete donk... :f_p:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Awesome man, will try it all out in near future.
      Haha, that's when my English and Russian forum circles will have an intersection (besides myself)! :coolface: One of my Russian jackpot SnG villains, Denis aka beermixtoday on Pokerstrategy, has also (almost totally) switched to the $7.25 shootouts a while ago.

GL to all those involved, there variance is gonna be soulcrushing, $7.25s are akin to 6-max $30s in its terms!

Btw, could someone send a HH file from a $7.25 (where the final table was hit) to the PT4 team (in a 'Tournament Detection' support ticket) so that they finally add a detection rule and start tracking them (and final table ICM-adjusted winnings) correctly? (Report here when it's done.)
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      good luck
      I tried 100 games 7.25$ 36 mans and luckyly break even, but I don't want to try anymore, it is so swingy and it's easy to have -2000$ downswing
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      I just love these blogs, I played these games semi- seriously, and they are that sick that you must love them :)

I'm subbed, please bring us updates regularly, go go go crush it!

PS I wish you to reach sunday million satties- but not 36 man- 74s 6max would be nicer :)
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chuongdk
      good luck
      I tried 100 games 7.25$ 36 mans and luckyly break even, but I don't want to try anymore, it is so swingy and it's easy to have -2000$ downswing
      I totally understand where your coming from. I think i was lucky enough to have good starts when i began playing these which has kept me more motivated!

Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      I just love these blogs, I played these games semi- seriously, and they are that sick that you must love them :)

I'm subbed, please bring us updates regularly, go go go crush it!

PS I wish you to reach sunday million satties- but not 36 man- 74s 6max would be nicer :)
      I truely do love these haha! They can be so disgustingly sick but that's what makes them so enjoyable... :) 74s 6max :f_eek: here i come... :f_cool:
      Really strugglying to put some solid volume into these yet, been called in for work a lot more often than usual. But i promise ill try update as much as i can. Really need to invest in a coach asap to learn my leaks though!

On a side note, just took down a $1k gtd tourny absolutely crushed the ft 5 handed was basically a shootout ft 10bb each ;) feeling ontop of the world!!! (have tiny volume in mtts so binking one is super rare for me... until this year) ;)