[NL2-NL10] JJ on NL10 SH

• Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Noone would slowplay set or 2 pairs on this flop, it's clear that I had the best hand on the flop, but how does King on the turn improve their range? Should I bet for protection or check here for pot control? I would certainly bet in heads-up situation, but against 2 opponents, what is better, I think it's close here.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9,90
      BB:
      $10,00
      UTG:
      $0,00
      Hero:
      $13,32
      CO:
      $9,10
      BU:
      $6,37

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:heart: , J:spade:
      Hero raises to $0,40, CO folds, BU calls $0,40, SB calls $0,35, BB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,60) 9:heart: , 6:heart: , 7:diamond: (4 players)

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1,20, BU folds, SB calls $1,20, BB calls $1,20.

Turn: ($5,20) K:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5,20) 6:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $5,20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and sixes (Jh Js)
      SB shows a pair of sixes (Ah 2h)
      BB shows a pair of sixes (Qd 5h)

Hero wins with two pairs, jacks and sixes (Jh Js)
  • 2 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      I think you played the hand pretty good.
      On the flop you have o protect your hand and you are most likely holding the best hand there.
      On the turn you play 4 pot control because you are playing against 2 opponents. But you have to be careful if a heart hits the river. It's likely that one of them is holding a FD.
      On the river only better hands would probably call your bet so checking behind is fine.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      bet more on the flop (1.5$)
      the K on the turn practicaly doesnt change anything and there are still lots of draws on the board and we likely to have the best hand .
      being 3 way its ok to check behind and see a river but i dont mind barreling again here
      river check behind is ok
      gl