This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ on NL10 SH

• Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Noone would slowplay set or 2 pairs on this flop, it's clear that I had the best hand on the flop, but how does King on the turn improve their range? Should I bet for protection or check here for pot control? I would certainly bet in heads-up situation, but against 2 opponents, what is better, I think it's close here.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9,90
      BB:
      $10,00
      UTG:
      $0,00
      Hero:
      $13,32
      CO:
      $9,10
      BU:
      $6,37

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:heart: , J:spade:
      Hero raises to $0,40, CO folds, BU calls $0,40, SB calls $0,35, BB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,60) 9:heart: , 6:heart: , 7:diamond: (4 players)

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1,20, BU folds, SB calls $1,20, BB calls $1,20.

Turn: ($5,20) K:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5,20) 6:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $5,20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and sixes (Jh Js)
      SB shows a pair of sixes (Ah 2h)
      BB shows a pair of sixes (Qd 5h)

Hero wins with two pairs, jacks and sixes (Jh Js)
  • 2 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      I think you played the hand pretty good.
      On the flop you have o protect your hand and you are most likely holding the best hand there.
      On the turn you play 4 pot control because you are playing against 2 opponents. But you have to be careful if a heart hits the river. It's likely that one of them is holding a FD.
      On the river only better hands would probably call your bet so checking behind is fine.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      bet more on the flop (1.5$)
      the K on the turn practicaly doesnt change anything and there are still lots of draws on the board and we likely to have the best hand .
      being 3 way its ok to check behind and see a river but i dont mind barreling again here
      river check behind is ok
      gl