Nl200 FR Decision on River

• csm92
      csm92
      Bronze
      Hi Guys!

I don't know if it's ok to call river here vs this player? He bet on the river only 77,JJ, TT? or he can bet with QQ here? or a bluff?

His fold to Cbet in 3bet pot was 92% (12 situations)

Player Stats:

Pacific, $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 10 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP1: $193 (96.5 bb)
      MP2: $200 (100 bb)
      MP3: $670.54 (335.3 bb)
      CO: $200 (100 bb)
      BTN: $203 (101.5 bb)
      SB: $200 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $582.20 (291.1 bb)
      UTG: $274.62 (137.3 bb)
      UTG+1: $207 (103.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $498 (249 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      UTG raises to $7, 8 folds, Hero raises to $22, UTG calls $15

Flop: ($45) J 7 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $26.50, UTG calls $26.50

Turn: ($98) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $49, Hero calls $49

River: ($196) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $177.12 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $196 pot ($4 rake)
      Final Board: J 7 T T 2
      Hero mucked A A and lost (-$97.50 net)
      UTG mucked and won $192 ($94.50 net)
  • 8 replies
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      gaaaah this spot sucks... :f_mad: i cant see him value beting any Jx or QQ he would chk them down for showdown. so u are only beating some kind of bluff float on flop becouse he would have gone for the raise cb thing with draws i guess.. but if we dont know this FI to well i think fold would be the right choice here. :) thats standard for me almost evry time im feeling on sure on what to do on rivs i will press the fold button couse we are almost wrong every time :f_cry:

one thing i would maybe done insteed in this hand is B/F turn with the plan to C/F riv if we get called couse i think he will chk down Jx QQ then and i think aswell that we get him to fold all kind of week hands and floats OTT if he had any and to be aggresive is almost the best thing every time in this game insteed of taking C/C lines couse we can get into tuff spots like this. :f_biggrin:

btw nice to see some fullring cashgame players!! :f_love: what site is this? :s_grin:
    • csm92
      csm92
      Bronze
      ty for answer :) I play on 888
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csm92
      ty for answer :) I play on 888
      cool! :f_grin: how is the FR games there? nice value?
    • oblioo
      oblioo
      Coach
      Coach
      I would bet flop, bet turn, and c/c river on this runout. It kind of sucks to have the ace of hearts, but villain can still have at least the suited KQ combos, and AJs/KJs he may check back turn with. As played I would call the river. I don't understand why stNNNN assumes villain will raise draws on the flop; that doesn't make much sense to me.
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by oblioo
      I would bet flop, bet turn, and c/c river on this runout. It kind of sucks to have the ace of hearts, but villain can still have at least the suited KQ combos, and AJs/KJs he may check back turn with. As played I would call the river. I don't understand why stNNNN assumes villain will raise draws on the flop; that doesn't make much sense to me.
      I think alot regs understand that if u put pressure on ur opponents on this type of boards on Fullring cashgame sometimes nitty regs will snapfold flop or just fold OTT to dub barrel thats why i think he will put in the raise cb thing on flop couse he can get a hand like AA KK QQ to fold here :P a float on flop with draws works as well bet raise cb here on this board is reely nice.
    • oblioo
      oblioo
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by stttNNN
      Originally posted by oblioo
      I think alot regs understand that if u put pressure on ur opponents on this type of boards on Fullring cashgame sometimes nitty regs will snapfold flop or just fold OTT to dub barrel thats why i think he will put in the raise cb thing on flop couse he can get a hand like AA KK QQ to fold here :P a float on flop with draws works as well bet raise cb here on this board is reely nice.
      But it sucks to get 3bet especially with the non-nut flush. Imo it doesn't make much sense to raise non-nut FDs, and we have the ace of hearts so he can't have any NFDs.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Hi Guys!

I don't know if it's ok to call river here vs this player? He bet on the river only 77,JJ, TT? or he can bet with QQ here? or a bluff?
      [/spoiler]
      Yes, he can bluff, and you get 2:1 to call. You have the nut bluff catcher.

Get accustomed to this fact: These situations don't suck at all. They are money makers. You might lose more than 50% of the time. Doesn't matter! You get 2:1 and the river card is a total blank.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      Hi Guys!

[/spoiler]
      Yes, he can bluff, and you get 2:1 to call. You have the nut bluff catcher.

Get accustomed to this fact: These situations don't suck at all. They are money makers. You might lose more than 50% of the time. Doesn't matter! You get 2:1 and the river card is a total blank.
      wut