Won 640$ worth ticket to 2 mil GTD on PP

• overbe
      overbe
      Bronze
      Hi all, i haven't posted here since i took 2nd place in a step sngs on Party poker and won 1k$.

I was playing low stakes MTTs quite a bit, but just now i understand the correct strategy for beating them... Generally i play 22-33$ SNG's on PP.

So here are some this weekend's achievements:
      - on saturday won 50 seats frenzy sat to Sunday 300k GTD - 215$
      btw won it 2 saturdays in a row

- on Sunday in 300k GTD busted 215th out of the ~1400, right on the bubble (200) :/ with a stupid push w/ Q9s from CO and dude called w/ A6s.. Anyway learned somthing from it:) ) so it is quite big achievement for me in such big buyin tourney:)

- on Sunday won sat to King of the table (2 mil GTD) 4 seats GTD w/ 8$ buyin (worth 70$)
      - at the same time took 12 place out of the 228 in 5 GTD on party - ~90$
      - right after that took part in main KTT sat and won 640$ worth ticket to that event!!!!!!

I'm so excited!!! Will be working and learning hardly to run well in KTT!:)

Thx Pokerstrategy!!!
      cheers
      --------------------------------------------------
  • 4 replies
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Wow! Sounds like you're doing really well lately! I hope it continues for you!

Congrats!
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      nice achievement ...
      What's your winning formula? :tongue:
    • overbe
      overbe
      Bronze
      Thanks m8s!

Honestly i'm just beginner in MTT, but very hard learning, coz i like MTTs.

Some beginner's for beginners advices :)
      - read Harington on Holdem vol 1 and 2
      - watch as many MTT videos as you can (btw thx Nazgul, Margoth and Roachru from Russian community for great instructional videos!)
      - play just 1 table at a time ( with FULL ATTENTION to every hand, write notes)
      - use stats (as for me the most important is only VPIP)
      - play ultratight in the beginning (i'm not playing smallball tactics)
      - then play in most cases opponents, not cards (for example: if you see, that in BB is very tight op with small VPIP, stealraise w/ marginal hands or total air, but there are many preconditions: your image, table's playing style etc.)

anyway i'm lack of final table experience and tilting too fast when i'm chipleader (as it happened in 5k GTD), so definetly will be analyzing ITM phase.

Any comments or ideas regardig MTT tactics would be great ;)
      cheers
    • EarBuds
      EarBuds
      Bronze
      Congrats Bro ! And Good Luck !