Comprehensive FL articles

• JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      So, I've seen that FL articles are horribly dated (and I mean horribly). Has anyone given any thought of actually rewriting them so they can be useful for nowadays poker and maybe somehow organize all the strategy?

Although we all know the quality of Boomer's vids/coaching, maybe we could try to make a comprehensive list of strategy topics in FL, so it gets easier access and a more distinct division between theory and practice and such. what do you think of this? is there any chance we can go through it?
  • 3 replies
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Unfortunately I'm not sure there's enough demand for such a massive overhaul of the FL written content

I agree with you that it's outdated and that's why I don't coach by it but if you guys have specific areas you think you'd like me to focus on I can aim content in that direction
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      When it comes to learning there is nothing that beats good old-fashioned written material. Unfortunatly (for us wanting to read), it's more fun for most people (including me) to watch videos. But I'll say this: One hours worth of concentrated reading of top notch stuff is easily more valuable than watching ten live videos. The old articles should at least be looked over. I know at least one that contains even conceptual errors.
    • sneakybeaky
      sneakybeaky
      Bronze
      Pending any overhall of the written material how about some pointers to other written material that people think are more up to date ?

I spend a stupid amount of my day sat on a train when watching streaming videos isn't possible. Written material would be great, whether books or articles on other sites.

For example, right now I'm reading and studying Limit Hold'em: Winning Short-Handed Strategies by Borer, Mak and Tanenbaum. Is this book more relevant than the content here ? Am i wasting my time ? What would be better ?