My HU Sng brag

• Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      Hello, i always want to make a topic about this, but always delayed, but i just need to lay some steam off

I play hu sng speed on Pkr, mainly 6 usd ones. Hu format is the only type of poker that i really have good know about, and should make profits, but i am not. Why? Tilt? Bad bankroll managment? Bad reads and desicions? Nope, its pure bad luck.

To put it simple, i get the right decision about 80% of the time, Shove with the best hand, call with the best hand etc, but i get suckout on more than 50% of the time no matter what the odds are in my favor. For example what i am talking about there a few hands :

Table #53844774 - STT # 29711674
      Starting Hand #2518269826
      Start time of hand: 13 Feb 2014 13:51:11
      Last Hand #2518269611
      Game Type: HOLD'EM
      Limit Type: NO LIMIT
      Table Type: TOURNAMENT
      Money Type: TOURNAMENT CHIPS
      Blinds are now 50 / 100
      Button is at seat 1
      Seat 1: tamerlanoff - 10,517
      Seat 2: Jafreiteris - 9,483
      Shuffling Deck
      Moving Button to seat 2
      Jafreiteris posts small blind (50)
      tamerlanoff posts big blind (100)
      Dealing Cards
      Dealing [Q s][6 s] to Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris raises to 300
      tamerlanoff calls 300
      Pot sizes: 600
      Dealing Flop [6 h][6 d][9 c]
      tamerlanoff checks
      Jafreiteris bets 400
      tamerlanoff raises to 1,800
      Jafreiteris raises to 9,183 (all-in)
      tamerlanoff calls 9,183
      Pot sizes: 18,966
      tamerlanoff shows [9 s][7 s]
      Jafreiteris shows [Q s][6 s]
      Dealing Turn [9 h]
      Dealing River [T d]
      Jafreiteris has Full House, 6s over 9s
      tamerlanoff has Full House, 9s over 6s
      tamerlanoff wins 18,966 with: Full House, 9s over 6s
      Seat 1: tamerlanoff - 20,000
      Seat 2: Jafreiteris - 0
      End of Hand #2518269826

Table #53843608 - STT # 29711091
      Starting Hand #2518221302
      Start time of hand: 13 Feb 2014 11:50:19
      Last Hand #2518221095
      Game Type: HOLD'EM
      Limit Type: NO LIMIT
      Table Type: TOURNAMENT
      Money Type: TOURNAMENT CHIPS
      Blinds are now 300 / 600
      Button is at seat 2
      Seat 1: red666devil - 5,000
      Seat 2: Jafreiteris - 15,000
      Shuffling Deck
      Moving Button to seat 1
      red666devil posts small blind (300)
      Jafreiteris posts big blind (600)
      Dealing Cards
      Dealing [Q c][Q d] to Jafreiteris
      red666devil calls 600
      Jafreiteris raises to 1,800
      red666devil calls 1,800
      Pot sizes: 3,600
      Dealing Flop [K c][4 h][J d]
      Jafreiteris checks
      red666devil bets 3,200 (all-in)
      Jafreiteris calls 3,200
      Pot sizes: 10,000
      red666devil shows [J s][5 c]
      Jafreiteris shows [Q c][Q d]
      Dealing Turn [J c]
      Dealing River [3 s]
      red666devil has Three of a Kind: Jacks
      red666devil wins 10,000 with: Three of a Kind: Jacks
      Seat 1: red666devil - 10,000
      Seat 2: Jafreiteris - 10,000
      End of Hand #2518221302

Its like as soon as i shove with the best, i got kicked in the ass as soon as the river comes, Two pair on the flop? Shove shove and the turn gives villan a set or a better two pair.

I am only posting two hands, i could post more put that would took whole day. I just post the example whats happens not everytime, but its more than normal

So if you still reading this, you think : what is this, another bad beat brag poker is rigged cry stuff, and say its variance, in a long run skill re..... what long run? here is my graph :

So how much is that long run? I see posts in hu sng page where players offer they coaching and videos from the same amount of sng, but of course they dont look nothing like mine, or not even a slight downswing, just pure up, and thats on the turbo format where variance is much bigger than speed.

So the main question : What i am supose to do? The saddest part that i cant do nothing, watching videos or reading a book wont help my hands to hold up. I played poker long enough, i know how its works, but its just starting to feel that the skill and mathematics are useless if are not lucky enough :f_cry: I dont say that i wont get lucky, heh i do, got streaks of 30 win a day, its just no matter what i have it hold on , but as the graph says is not enough. Now its just feels like gambling, i dont play when i am loosing, and play more when i am winning, and i really dont like that. The situation if not that badd as the graph it says, i am up not down, thanks to rakeback and bonuses that pkr offers, they promotions and the graph dont include some mtt wins and for some part i think that big drop never hapened because i never had that big drop to more than -1k. But mine poker looks like that : Get rakeback, total 50buyins loose loose loose loose, get rakeback 70 buyins loose loose loose....

Oh and about push or fold phase in late game i am also run hotter than hot, deppending on the player and chip stack i can shove KT as i can fold A7, and for the saying i am lucky to get them right, but the luck stops here. They shove or call with worse range and they just hit any card they need.
      Or just a shove fest from the villan, and from 1/5 stack size he wins the tournament with any cards he dealt, 97 27 38 etc against my AA -> KQ hands.

Coinflips work just as coinflip, if i ship with JJ against AQ i lose, then if i get AQ against JJ i lose too. (a bit overacting :) ) but i think i am runing worse in those that i suppose

As i play on prk i dont have no tracking sofware, any sugestion where i can put my hand history to get graph with ev line?

So to close it up, put your opinion or a funny gif
  • 6 replies
    • iceteapeche
      iceteapeche
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jafreiteris

I play hu sng speed on Pkr, mainly 6 usd ones. Hu format is the only type of poker that i really have good know about, and should make profits, but i am not. Why? Tilt? Bad bankroll managment? Bad reads and desicions? Nope, its pure bad luck.

You all blame it on bad luck, which you shouldn't do...you say that you have a good know about HU, but based on what do you think you have good know about it? Can't be because of your results;p Are there other better players who looked at your game and said it was good, or is it just yourself thinking you are good? Assuming the last tbh...
    • Detrusitol
      Detrusitol
      Bronze
      Hi there! As HU-player myself this message drew my attention.

At first, graph looks really bad :( Sometimes you have come so fast down that I do not know if you 've been playing higher levels than the $6? Does PRK has lower levels? For loosing-game I don't think of any other medicine than to humble ourselves and drop the stakes.

Those hands which you made a post are pretty common situations. Know it for sure, but in the end it sucks that the best hand did not hold up. However, in HU- sit & gos you almost always need to beat that one flip in order to win the whole match.

Push- fold stage you can not really do anything, than to try to put the money in the lead and hope for the best. That is what playing poker is based on the principle that if you get your money's always in the lead in the long run, you turn a profit :)

For the deeper stacks, and especially in the beginning of the sitngo you can certainly regulate pretty much. This depends a lot on the opponent. If you are clearly the better player, you are not calling preflop all -ins with AK or small pairs, even if you have the random hand against it. Main point here to reduce variance.

Control the pot size in my opinion, is one of the key factors. The same with position. If your opponent will always call c-bets in 3-bet pot I'm not a fan of 3-betting like AJ-type hand OOP. Mostly try to keep pots smaller OOP. But mainly if you play a pot OOP I prefer very aggressive style against standard fish. In position you can open little more, but even then, be careful that you don't get married with anything. Poker gods tend to punish for inaccurate decisions like that QQ-hand, even if they are right at the time.

The less you are all-in, the better. Post more hands, then we can look at it more :) I will definitely think that you are a winning player. We just need to find some leak from your game. That kind of loss explained by the bad luck is extremely rare IMO :f_cool:

If I said something funny let me know. My first post in english here.
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Detrusitol

Push- fold stage you can not really do anything, than to try to put the money in the lead and hope for the best. That is what playing poker is based on the principle that if you get your money's always in the lead in the long run, you turn a profit :)

Thats the main problem, i got pressure by player shoving every hand , i get better ranger hands like A8, he shoves i call he flips something like j7 and i loose and loose and loose and loose. and i cant do anything about that,i cant start calling with any random crap like 57
    • muumionu
      muumionu
      Bronze
      Not to be rude or anything but this reminds me this interview with Bolt :D 5:48 to 6:05

• BLOWMEBABE
      BLOWMEBABE
      Bronze
      tl;dr
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      10k games seems a lot to be just bad luck, but I guess its still possible.
      Id get coach to look at your game, nothing expensive just some midstakes player will be enough to evaluate your game, if you want I could take a look at couple games(for free).