[NL20-NL50] NL25, 88 flopped set on raised pot

• Tuuletallaja
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5:spade: , 5:heart:
      MP1 raises to $0,75, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,65, BB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($2,25) 5:club: , A:heart: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 bets $2,75, Hero calls $2,75, BB folds.

Turn: ($7,75) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

River: ($7,75) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,75, MP1 raises to $18,50, Hero ???

He made more than a pot size c-bet, that made me tought, that he has a strong made hand, that he wants to protect from straight draw maybe,
      I checked on the turn, planning to check-raise him, that was probably wrong, but hes check behind made me tought, that he doesn't have an ace,
      hes 2-bet on the river makes only sense to me, if he had KK,

can i or suppose i find 'fold' here, or is it shove?
  • 3 replies
    • srohack
      usualy i lead on this kind of flop if i am not sure that the PFR will bet
      if i feel he bets check/raise is good
      check calling and check/raising turn is fine also but a lot of times he will check behind one pair hands so i prefer going for the check/raise on the flop because they cant let go an ace and will stack off
      as played i would bet more on the river . smth like 5.5 and of course call a shove every time
    • AhmedFaraz
      u have basically the nuts... especially three handed!! call anything call even if he puts his house on the line
    • Faye6891
      Hi Tuuletallaja,

As srohack said, it's better to lead out on this kind of flop, unless I'm pretty sure the PFR will c-bet. But I don't like going for a check/raise on the flop, IMO a lot of players are able to fold an Ace against a check/raise on the flop, therefore I like the check/call.

On the turn I'm leading out though, the board is too dry, it's very unlikely he will bet on the turn again with just an Ace, but I doubt he will let it go if you bet.

As played, I'm also betting more on the river and then shoving. I think he played this hand in a very strange way, he could be making some strange bluff, he could have KK or he could have overplayed AK (and that's much more likely than KK).