This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25, 88 flopped set on raised pot

• Tuuletallaja
      Tuuletallaja
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $24,75
      BB:
      $16,90
      MP1:
      $32,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5:spade: , 5:heart:
      MP1 raises to $0,75, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,65, BB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($2,25) 5:club: , A:heart: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 bets $2,75, Hero calls $2,75, BB folds.

Turn: ($7,75) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

River: ($7,75) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,75, MP1 raises to $18,50, Hero ???

He made more than a pot size c-bet, that made me tought, that he has a strong made hand, that he wants to protect from straight draw maybe,
      I checked on the turn, planning to check-raise him, that was probably wrong, but hes check behind made me tought, that he doesn't have an ace,
      hes 2-bet on the river makes only sense to me, if he had KK,

can i or suppose i find 'fold' here, or is it shove?
      tnx
  • 3 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      usualy i lead on this kind of flop if i am not sure that the PFR will bet
      if i feel he bets check/raise is good
      check calling and check/raising turn is fine also but a lot of times he will check behind one pair hands so i prefer going for the check/raise on the flop because they cant let go an ace and will stack off
      as played i would bet more on the river . smth like 5.5 and of course call a shove every time
      nh
    • AhmedFaraz
      AhmedFaraz
      Bronze
      u have basically the nuts... especially three handed!! call anything call even if he puts his house on the line
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hi Tuuletallaja,

As srohack said, it's better to lead out on this kind of flop, unless I'm pretty sure the PFR will c-bet. But I don't like going for a check/raise on the flop, IMO a lot of players are able to fold an Ace against a check/raise on the flop, therefore I like the check/call.

On the turn I'm leading out though, the board is too dry, it's very unlikely he will bet on the turn again with just an Ace, but I doubt he will let it go if you bet.

As played, I'm also betting more on the river and then shoving. I think he played this hand in a very strange way, he could be making some strange bluff, he could have KK or he could have overplayed AK (and that's much more likely than KK).